Super Regionals Here We Go

Wrong. Six years too many. He showed what kind of manager he is these days when the program floundered to new lows under his watch.

Right.

So run him out for what happened 5 years ago.

We were great for 15 years and are great now but 5 years ago? He's gotta go.

Advertisement
What is it that Jim couldn't figure out on his own without Gino around?

The head coach doesn't watch film or work with the players in the cage.

Or coordinate the recruiting.

This is common knowledge to anybody with even a tiny amount of interest in the sport.

Apparently you don't have any interest in this sport.

You can answer the question without going on a rant. So Jim did what in preparation for the 2012 season? We can't live without him, so what exactly did he do to get the 2012 team ready? List specifics.

Wrong. Six years too many. He showed what kind of manager he is these days when the program floundered to new lows under his watch.

Right.

We were great for 15 years and are great now but 5 years ago? He's gotta go.

LOL, we're not great now. We ran out of pitching in the 23rd inning of a regional.

Our 2001 football team, if they lose to BC they would have been a very good team. Winning the title made them great.

Wrong.

Sooooo wrong.

And sooooo stupid.

So a deflected ball made them great but if it wasn't deflected they were just good?

You are so dumb that it hurts.

Yes. Absolutely.

We can name 500 teams across sports that should have won a title in a particular year but they didn't. You don't finish 4th or 6th and call yourself great.

exactly

lol i will admit it, i have been slow Brian. I apologize. Why didn't you tell me you were with the everyone is a winner, everyone gets a trophy for playing, and we won't keep score crowd. LOL that would've saved JJ plenty of time from having to school you on greatness.

i wonder if MJ thinks that Cavs team he beat was great? lol

If 2015 and 2016 are "great" teams, please give us your description of 2001.

A great team that merely won it.

In fact the 2001 team was only considered great because they won it. They lost a series to Rutgers. They were swept and dominated by CAl State Fullerton.

They ended on a 17-game winning streak and that's all that people remember.

Advertisement

Right.

We know what he is.

If Gino's presence = CWS, and Gino's absence = losing home regionals, hand the keys to Gino. What are all of these intangibles that Jim brings?

They ended on a 17-game winning streak and that's all that people remember.

Um, yeah, that's what I've been telling you for five months. We used to play GREAT baseball at the end of the season, and that was to Jim's credit. Now we run into those teams every year. We are never that team.

This is cute: the Columbia pitcher who threw five shutout innings on two hits to force us to an elimination game in last year's regional made ten appearances this year and had an ERA of 16.50. Let me guess the cliche...."he was in a zone", "anything can happen in one game".

That kid beat a "great" team? Nah.

The 21-3 score the following night was the correction.

Do you even know what that is?

Advertisement
You don't finish 4th or 6th and call yourself great.

To add to this, you don't max out at T-5th for a 15 year period and call yourself untouchable as a head coach, either.

That's a ceiling of being tied for 5th place, with several other years finishing much lower. T-5th is the cap, the max, the best effort, for a 15 year stretch.

And that's gets you a lifetime contract.

This is cute: the Columbia pitcher who threw five shutout innings on two hits to force us to an elimination game in last year's regional made ten appearances this year and had an ERA of 16.50. Let me guess the cliche...."he was in a zone", "anything can happen in one game".

That kid beat a "great" team? Nah.

The 21-3 score the following night was the correction.

Do you even know what that is?

It hurts, I know. How do we explain that our "great team" got shut out by a freshman, the last available starter, from an Ivy League school, at home in the game to win a regional? Oh, we just deflect to the next game, when they literally had no pitchers left.

Advertisement
No one remembers what the other 299 teams did.

That doesn't address the question.

We know that clueless turds like you won't remember them but your boy imurcane thinks that the 2001 football team with 1-loss wouldn't have been a great team.

You can't fix that kind of stupid.

clemson was great in cfb last year?

Clemson was absolutely a great team.

I don't know what you were watching.

thats the difference. i think they were good. they were better than the previous year. and quite frankly for clemson that was enough. they had a nice season. they had a shot. they failed to win a title. they were very good. thats all.

Advertisement
clemson was great in cfb last year?

Clemson was absolutely a great team.

I don't know what you were watching.

And someone else lifted the trophy, so no one cares.

But please don't dig the hole of comparing our 1-2 Omaha teams to 2015 Clemson football. That's embarrassing.

When we take someone to game three of the title series, then you can start talking about great seasons. Showing up and being the easy loser's bracket game is far from great.

We know that clueless turds like you won't remember them but your boy imurcane thinks that the 2001 football team with 1-loss wouldn't have been a great team.

No one would remember that team. We would remember whoever won the title.

Again, please don't compare our lifeless Omaha appearances to a team that may have lost the title because of one play.

[Yes. Absolutely.

We can name 500 teams across sports that should have won a title in a particular year but they didn't. You don't finish 4th or 6th and call yourself great.

Again that doesn't address the question.

Dodge, dodge, dodge.

You don't think the 1986 team was great? or 1988?

This is so stupid that I'm shocked that even you believe it.

not without a title. they were an nfl team. to lose to BC, lol BC keeps popping up. to lose to BC would have been an indictment of epic proportions that Coker and co weren't great. how is coming in second place great?

Advertisement
Back