Super Regionals Here We Go

Advertisement
Right, because walking and hitting guys into blowing an 8-1 lead is a sign that we had just the guys we wanted all ready to go.

Guys can issue walks and hit batters under normal circumstances. Where do you come to the conclusion that we ran out of pitching?

You just want it to be true. That's all.

Every ******* thread turns into the same **** from the same people...and now every thread is just pages of ignored posts. Stop replying to this ******* guy! This part of the forum is being ruined by incessant *****ing by the same people in every thread.

Advertisement
I can see how some people here dont really know baseball and see it the same way as the football team, which is to a degree is understandable since the football team really put us on the map, but baseball is different, you cant always get nattys every year in it, its not really possible **** its rarely possible in football, yal want to the football team to go to the playoffs right? Yall wanna be there consistent right? Well the baseball team has been doing that these last couple of years and yet thats a problem?

Yall saying the number 3 overall seed is crap so yall wouldnt want the football team to be number 3? so yall would say the same stuff about richt if he had us as a third ranked team? nope we aint the number one team ***** him fire his ***

I can see how some people here dont really know baseball and see it the same way as the football team, which is to a degree is understandable since the football team really put us on the map, but baseball is different, you cant always get nattys every year in it, its not really possible **** its rarely possible in football, yal want to the football team to go to the playoffs right? Yall wanna be there consistent right? Well the baseball team has been doing that these last couple of years and yet thats a problem?

Yall saying the number 3 overall seed is crap so yall wouldnt want the football team to be number 3? so yall would say the same stuff about richt if he had us as a third ranked team? nope we aint the number one team ***** him fire his ***

The issue for me is it has been 15 years since we've won a title. Ron Fraser built something great. JM was able to sustain it for a while. Its now been 15 years since a title. Thats it. We need a new voice to lead us. Im very aware of the challenges we face. if Omaha and a national see where the goal, I would be fine. It isn't. You think if Coach K went 15 years without a title, and Duke got bounced as a number 1/2 seed just about every year that Duke would be happy? No.

The bottom line is somewhere along the way being an elite 8 type of baseball team (clearly using cbb tourney comparison brian) has become acceptable. If you think Kentucky, Duke, Unc will all be happy being elite 8/final 4 with no titles for 15 years, well i think that is off the mark.

Um, yeah, that's what I've been telling you for five months. We used to play GREAT baseball at the end of the season, and that was to Jim's credit. Now we run into those teams every year. We are never that team.

Are you kidding?

If it was 2001 now you'd be whining about the fact that they finished the regular season against Jacksonville (3), Florida Southern (3) and New York Tech (3).

You whined this year because of one series against FAMU.

Can you imagine how whiny you would've been?

I have to assume that this post was a joke.

We finished the season by winning nine straight post-season games to win the national title. Those were the days when we were playing our best baseball at the end of the year. Only you could somehow twist that into "end of the regular season".

It hurts, I know. How do we explain that our "great team" got shut out by a freshman, the last available starter, from an Ivy League school, at home in the game to win a regional?

Because it's baseball.

Just like the 21 runs we scored the next night.

Right, it's baseball. It just happens. Thank you for proving my point with the cliches.

Of course, you have many other examples of national seeds losing to Ivy League teams that are on their fourth game of the weekend.

Advertisement
If you want to call 1986 great because they were 10 yards away, knock yourself out. Nothing we have done on the baseball field for the last 15 years has been ten yards away. Absolutely nothing. We have not had a great team - title or not - since 2001.

The 10 yards is irrelevant.

They were a great team because they were a great team. They were great before that game and were great after. They just lost one game on a night in January.

No, they were a great team because they won all the games that counted and put themselves in a position to win the last game.

But we stayed within 8 of Florida in the loser's bracket, so we can still be called a great team.

FYI - head coaches in 2016 actually coach. Martin and Morris are the dying breed.

So you think that coaching is becoming less specialized and not more?

As if you weren't clueless enough.

Head coaches around the country work their asses off at practice. You're absolutely in the dark if you think they're all figureheads or that Gino will stop coaching when he becomes the head coach.

Stop by a UF practice and see if Sully is standing back overseeing the program.

Right, because walking and hitting guys into blowing an 8-1 lead is a sign that we had just the guys we wanted all ready to go.

Guys can issue walks and hit batters under normal circumstances. Where do you come to the conclusion that we ran out of pitching?

You just want it to be true. That's all.

Because we ran out of pitching. When you look in the bullpen and can't figure out who can stop the bleeding, you ran out of pitching.

Advertisement
Now about that 25-5 cumulative loss to Florida in Omaha.........

Irrelevant to whether a team was great or not.

Got it. So a great team could go 34-22. Or 28-28. Wins and losses and game results don't matter.

Do I have to change my sig already? Now we're hearing that getting blown out twice in your last three games doesn't define your team. Wow.

(1) No one is asking for a national title every year. Maybe one every 15 years? Is that too much to ask from Miami baseball?
(2) We are #3 on June 9th. We haven't finished that high in 15 years.

The issue for me is it has been 15 years since we've won a title. Ron Fraser built something great. JM was able to sustain it for a while. Its now been 15 years since a title. Thats it. We need a new voice to lead us. Im very aware of the challenges we face. if Omaha and a national see where the goal, I would be fine. It isn't. You think if Coach K went 15 years without a title, and Duke got bounced as a number 1/2 seed just about every year that Duke would be happy? No.

The bottom line is somewhere along the way being an elite 8 type of baseball team (clearly using cbb tourney comparison brian) has become acceptable. If you think Kentucky, Duke, Unc will all be happy being elite 8/final 4 with no titles for 15 years, well i think that is off the mark.

You just proved my point you are comparing things to another sport, **** coach K has gone through some droughts too with a ton of nba guys but lets not stray from the point, the point im making is yall seem to not know what baseball is, and how its like, its not sport where the same team wins every year, its just not, so you can throw your expectations out the window because they are unreal no matter who you have on the team or who is coaching

Advertisement

(1) No one is asking for a national title every year. Maybe one every 15 years? Is that too much to ask from Miami baseball?
(2) We are #3 on June 9th. We haven't finished that high in 15 years.

Then what do you expect from the team, in curious

You just proved my point you are comparing things to another sport, **** coach K has gone through some droughts too with a ton of nba guys but lets not stray from the point, the point im making is yall seem to not know what baseball is, and how its like, its not sport where the same team wins every year, its just not, so you can throw your expectations out the window because they are unreal no matter who you have on the team or who is coaching

Baseball is different in that the percentages of winning, in general, are the lowest of the major 3.
The national champion's winning percentage over the last 5 years is 72.6%. Basketball is 87.5%. Football is 94.4%.
Lower winning percentage equates to less of a chance for the better teams to prevail.

All that being said.
I'm ready for #5 .

Then what do you expect from the team, in curious

An occasional serious run at a national title. And, no, I do not believe that "getting to Omaha" qualifies as a serious run. In a 15 year period, with our history and resources, we should have made a championship series appearance. We should not go out with a whimper every year, whether that's in Omaha or before Omaha.

Just in the last 10 years:

South Carolina made three straight championship appearances. Oregon State, North Carolina, Virginia, and Vanderbilt all made back to back appearances. UCLA made two appearances.

Don't tell me that the players and coaches don't matter when 2/3 of the championship series participants have made multiple appearances in that time frame.

Advertisement
Back