Super Regionals Here We Go

These schools can provide 4-to-5 times the amount of scholarships.

So other schools can provide 47 to 58 scholarships for 27 players. Makes sense.

At LSU, for example, thanks to the TOPS scholarship program, every LSU player is on a full scholarship. They use the baseball scholarships actually just to fill in the gaps that TOPS doesn't cover.

I wouldn't expect you to understand this or to know anything about how public schools have a huge advantage though

Naturally, you ***** up basic facts.

(1) The TOPS program is only for residents of Louisiana. So the 16 LSU players who aren't from Louisiana don't get any TOPS money.
(2) There are academic requirements, so not even every kid from Louisiana gets it.

Good work.

You're a ******* dumbass.

1. I said LSU uses baseball scholarships to fill in the TOPS doesn't cover. Half of the kids on LSU are in-state, so they get put on TOPS. Then they have (almost) enough room with baseball scholarships for out-of-state and poor grades kids.

2. The academic "requirements" for TOPS are laughably easy. Almost 75% of LA HS grads qualify, so it's pretty much known as a free scholarship program for in-state schools.

For someone who is always wrong, being a nitpicky **** is a weird stance.

So go fist yourself then cry to imurcane like you always do

Advertisement
ILCane - You are absolutely right. They do not understand "numbers".

In Georgia, there is the Hope scholarship and Florida has the same scholarship under a different name. All students that: (1.) maintain a B- average; and (2.) are accepted by Georgia (or any other state school); receive a 100% scholarship. How many Georgia schools are giving their "star athletes" whatever resources are necessary?

No only that, but the cost of tuition for Georgia, Florida, Fsu, etc... is respectively ~$11,622, $8,954 and $9,280. Miami tuition is $44,400. Teams give out 11.7 scholarships versus 25 players. The funding gap for public school players is $121,256 or $4,850 per player. The funding gap for Miami is $590,520 or $23,621 per player. That equates to a difference of 4.87.

Needless to say, our 3 resident "Einstens" will not grasp this concept. Other facts: (1.) Vanderbilt meets "100% of ALL demonstrated needs" so scholarships do not hinder them at all; (2.) Stanford has 900 funded athletic scholarships (most in country); and (3.) 58% of Rice's incoming students receive a minimum of $41,379 in financial aid per annum.

Good post.

It's a shame our resident retards won't understand any of this

ILCane - You are absolutely right. They do not understand "numbers".

In Georgia, there is the Hope scholarship and Florida has the same scholarship under a different name. All students that: (1.) maintain a B- average; and (2.) are accepted by Georgia (or any other state school); receive a 100% scholarship. How many Georgia schools are giving their "star athletes" whatever resources are necessary?

No only that, but the cost of tuition for Georgia, Florida, Fsu, etc... is respectively ~$11,622, $8,954 and $9,280. Miami tuition is $44,400. Teams give out 11.7 scholarships versus 25 players. The funding gap for public school players is $121,256 or $4,850 per player. The funding gap for Miami is $590,520 or $23,621 per player. That equates to a difference of 4.87.

Needless to say, our 3 resident "Einstens" will not grasp this concept. Other facts: (1.) Vanderbilt meets "100% of ALL demonstrated needs" so scholarships do not hinder them at all; (2.) Stanford has 900 funded athletic scholarships (most in country); and (3.) 58% of Rice's incoming students receive a minimum of $41,379 in financial aid per annum.

Good post.

It's a shame our resident retards won't understand any of this

IL the Hope in Georgia does not cover 100% of the costs. While you said 100% scholarship I think you mean it covers 100% of the tuition. Maybe not, but it is most definitely not a 100% ship. Additionally, the standards to receive HOPE have gone up over the years.

ImurCane - You are a liar. Period. Hope Scholarship in Georgia covers 100% of tuition IF a state school accepts you and you have a B average or better. In Florida it is called the Bright Futures.

Also, I would be highly surprised if there is a single Georgia resident on Georgia and GTech that did not qualify for the Hope (or Bright Futures for UF and FSU).

How many All-American baseball players with a B average are NOT being accepted by these 4 schools (answer is NONE).

Last point.

You will respond "well, it only covers tuition". Listen dumbazz, what is the standard of living in Tallahassee, Gainsville and Athens versus Coral Gables!!!

Advertisement
I agree that it only precludes 4-5 players a year, BUT that is 50% of the team. It is also 4-5 players in the best baseball producing area of the country

After reading a few pages of this thread im very surprised this dude is able to be a moderator.

ImurCane - You are a liar. Period. Hope Scholarship in Georgia covers 100% of tuition IF a state school accepts you and you have a B average or better. In Florida it is called the Bright Futures.

Also, I would be highly surprised if there is a single Georgia resident on Georgia and GTech that did not qualify for the Hope (or Bright Futures for UF and FSU).

How many All-American baseball players with a B average are NOT being accepted by these 4 schools (answer is NONE).

unfortunately it is you who are mistaken. You said it was a 100% scholarship. You did fix your error in the post above by stating 100% tuition. It doesn't cover fees, books, or anything other than tuition now. I bet you didn't know that it use to cover books. I do because I received it. If you start studying for school you might be able to get the HOPE one day as well, if you leave in Ga.

Last point.

You will respond "well, it only covers tuition". Listen dumbazz, what is the standard of living in Tallahassee, Gainsville and Athens versus Coral Gables!!!

it does only cover tuition. Look just BC you are wrong you don't have to go making insults. You are wrong about this. You have been wrong about a lot lately. It's okay. I'm patient. I can help you understand things. I really don't mind son. Here is a link that you may find useful.
https://apps.gsfc.org/main/publishing/pdf/2016/2016-HOPE-PUBLIC.pdf

Advertisement
Hope and Bright Futures covers tuition, which is what I said. Since it costs much more to reside in Gables, it has even greater impact on UM than the state schools. You realize that these scholarships are only available if you attend a state school?

You want to fire the nation's sixth best coach, so I will undoubtedly question your acumen.

What coaches in the NCAA, right now are better than Morris? You did not opine to this and I am eagerly awaiting your missive. They also have to be alive, so Ron Fraser cannot be on your list.

unfortunately it is you who are mistaken. You said it was a 100% scholarship. You did fix your error in the post above by stating 100% tuition. It doesn't cover fees, books, or anything other than tuition now. I bet you didn't know that it use to cover books. I do because I received it. If you start studying for school you might be able to get the HOPE one day as well, if you leave in Ga.

if someone says a full scholarship, I would take that to mean 100% of the tuition, not the full COA.

if someone says a full scholarship, I would take that to mean 100% of the tuition, not the full COA.

Fair enough. And if he had said that I would have responded the same way which was to clarify. But he wanted to double down on his comment. He is wrong, and it makes him look silly.

Advertisement
Back