Super Regionals Here We Go

Advertisement
Of course you did. You said he addressed the problems by bringing Gino back. Period.

The problem was recruiting and hitting instruction.

The head coach did what head coaches do. He made a hire.

You still don't seem to understand what head coaches do.

[Yes. Absolutely.

We can name 500 teams across sports that should have won a title in a particular year but they didn't. You don't finish 4th or 6th and call yourself great.

Again that doesn't address the question.

Dodge, dodge, dodge.

You don't think the 1986 team was great? or 1988?

This is so stupid that I'm shocked that even you believe it.

You know better than that. You know I'm killing you on this.

If you want to call 1986 great because they were 10 yards away, knock yourself out. Nothing we have done on the baseball field for the last 15 years has been ten yards away. Absolutely nothing. We have not had a great team - title or not - since 2001.

You can answer the question without going on a rant. So Jim did what in preparation for the 2012 season? We can't live without him, so what exactly did he do to get the 2012 team ready? List specifics.

The same that he's always done. It just didn't produce any results that year.

I concluded that it was about the lack of talent on the roster.

Once the talent was replenished we started winning again.

I guess I was right on that too.

Advertisement
Of course you did. You said he addressed the problems by bringing Gino back. Period.

The problem was recruiting and hitting instruction.

The head coach did what head coaches do. He made a hire.

You still don't seem to understand what head coaches do.

Dodge, dodge, dodge.

What did Jim Morris do in preparation for the spring of 2012? He just made hires? Please tell me that you have more than that. If the guy only makes hires, and blew that job until Gino's personal issues were taken care of, what are we paying him six figures for?

FYI - head coaches in 2016 actually coach. Martin and Morris are the dying breed.

lol i will admit it, i have been slow Brian. I apologize. Why didn't you tell me you were with the everyone is a winner, everyone gets a trophy for playing, and we won't keep score crowd.

I'm not.

I just understand that no every great team wins a championship.

Nobody said Clemson should get a trophy. You should just recognize how great they were.

You can answer the question without going on a rant. So Jim did what in preparation for the 2012 season? We can't live without him, so what exactly did he do to get the 2012 team ready? List specifics.

The same that he's always done.

Thank you for building my case for me. The guy is sitting up in his office doing what he has always done. And for 15 years that has resulted in a handful of Omaha appearances and a max finish of T-5. But keep doing what you're doing.

Advertisement
lol i will admit it, i have been slow Brian. I apologize. Why didn't you tell me you were with the everyone is a winner, everyone gets a trophy for playing, and we won't keep score crowd.

I'm not.

I just understand that no every great team wins a championship.

Nobody said Clemson should get a trophy. You should just recognize how great they were.

Cool, the #2 team that lost at the end of the national championship game was great. You win.

Now about that 25-5 cumulative loss to Florida in Omaha.........

If Gino's presence = CWS, and Gino's absence = losing home regionals, hand the keys to Gino. What are all of these intangibles that Jim brings?

It would be embarrassing to a normal person to have these things explained to them.

But you apparently have no shame.

When Gino is the head coach he won't be coaching the hitters and coordinating the recruiting. Those are two things that he's proven to be good at.

So making him the head coach doesn't do anything to prove your point.

Um, yeah, that's what I've been telling you for five months. We used to play GREAT baseball at the end of the season, and that was to Jim's credit. Now we run into those teams every year. We are never that team.

Are you kidding?

If it was 2001 now you'd be whining about the fact that they finished the regular season against Jacksonville (3), Florida Southern (3) and New York Tech (3).

You whined this year because of one series against FAMU.

Can you imagine how whiny you would've been?

Advertisement
It hurts, I know. How do we explain that our "great team" got shut out by a freshman, the last available starter, from an Ivy League school, at home in the game to win a regional?

Because it's baseball.

Just like the 21 runs we scored the next night.

thats the difference. i think they were good. they were better than the previous year. and quite frankly for clemson that was enough. they had a nice season. they had a shot. they failed to win a title. they were very good. thats all.

They had a nice season?

They were 2 minutes away from going 15-0.

The delusions that come from people like you unbelievable.

Advertisement
No one would remember that team. We would remember whoever won the title.

And, again, for the 4th time that doesn't address the issue.

Nobody said anything about 'remembering' anybody.

Were they a great team. Yes or no.

The 2001 team was great. Whether they were 11-1 or 12-0.

If you want to call 1986 great because they were 10 yards away, knock yourself out. Nothing we have done on the baseball field for the last 15 years has been ten yards away. Absolutely nothing. We have not had a great team - title or not - since 2001.

The 10 yards is irrelevant.

They were a great team because they were a great team. They were great before that game and were great after. They just lost one game on a night in January.

Advertisement
Back