Super Regionals Here We Go

Being good is good enough for most of this board. I want national titles.

This is what I mean.

The professional haters can't even comprehend what good is.

48-11 (21-7), # 3 national seed, # 3 in the RPI, # 4 in the ISR, 21-10 vs. top 50

That's not merely just good. That's great.

Advertisement
So you like #3 and want him to stay for another decade, fine. I don't.

More laughable claims.

No.

Just don't want to push him out and understand that we'll miss him when he's gone.

He's leaving after 2018.

I know that's 2 too many years for the professional detractors.

It's still shocking to see how much the standards have been lowered just to defend Jim Morris. One man has become bigger than the program itself.

All because of 1999 and 2001.

Common sense just isn't that common I guess.

You don't push out hall-of-fame coaches who aren't that old and are winning 50 games and going to Omaha.

It's asinine.

It's still shocking to see how much the standards have been lowered just to defend Jim Morris. One man has become bigger than the program itself.

You don't push out hall-of-fame coaches who aren't that old and are winning 50 games and going to Omaha.

It's asinine.

If the standard is anything less than national titles you would be correct it is asinine. We have been very good a few times the pas 15 years. We haven't been great, we haven't won a national title.

Our 2001 football team, if they lose to BC they would have been a very good team. Winning the title made them great. Great teams don't finish 8th or 7th or 6th. They win a title more regularly than every 15 years.

It's asinine.

That "hall of fame coach" isn't the one behind our resurgence, and you have admitted that yourself.

Jim Morris with Turtle Thomas, Lazar Collazo, Gino DiMare: regular CWS appearances
Jim Morris with anyone else: worst CWS stretch at UM since pre-1972

Someone has to tell me exactly what Jim Morris - JIM MORRIS HIMSELF - has accomplished since 2008. He hired Gino back to run everything? Cool, get out of the way and let Gino run everything. What is Jim doing? What is it that Jim couldn't figure out on his own without Gino around?

Advertisement

It's asinine.

If the standard is anything less than national titles you would be correct it is asinine. We have been very good a few times the pas 15 years. We haven't been great, we haven't won a national title.

Our 2001 football team, if they lose to BC they would have been a very good team. Winning the title made them great. Great teams don't finish 8th or 7th or 6th. They win a title more regularly than every 15 years.

Exactly. It's why Oregon football is still considered the stepchild in college football. You finished in the top ten a few times? Cool. Let us know when you win the whole thing.

Being good is good enough for most of this board. I want national titles.

This is what I mean.

The professional haters can't even comprehend what good is.

48-11 (21-7), # 3 national seed, # 3 in the RPI, # 4 in the ISR, 21-10 vs. top 50

That's not merely just good. That's great.

Please. No one on earth - except you - remembers anything about the 2015 team that had similar numbers. We were far from great then, and we are far from great now.

Great doesn't get shut out by the last remaining pitcher on the campus of Columbia University and great doesn't get blown out twice in Omaha.

If 2015 and 2016 are "great" teams, please give us your description of 2001.

If the standard is anything less than national titles you would be correct it is asinine.

We've only won 4 national championships in 71 years.

That's the goal of this program. To say that it's the standard is silly and is something that a clueless fanboy says.

Which is what you clearly are.

Advertisement
Our 2001 football team, if they lose to BC they would have been a very good team. Winning the title made them great.

Wrong.

Sooooo wrong.

And sooooo stupid.

So a deflected ball made them great but if it wasn't deflected they were just good?

You are so dumb that it hurts.

This is cute: the Columbia pitcher who threw five shutout innings on two hits to force us to an elimination game in last year's regional made ten appearances this year and had an ERA of 16.50. Let me guess the cliche...."he was in a zone", "anything can happen in one game".

That kid beat a "great" team? Nah.

Advertisement
clemson was great in cfb last year? the cavs are great? if cavs are great what is okc?

Advertisement
What is it that Jim couldn't figure out on his own without Gino around?

The head coach doesn't watch film or work with the players in the cage.

Or coordinate the recruiting.

This is common knowledge to anybody with even a tiny amount of interest in the sport.

Apparently you don't have any interest in this sport.

Our 2001 football team, if they lose to BC they would have been a very good team. Winning the title made them great.

Wrong.

Sooooo wrong.

And sooooo stupid.

So a deflected ball made them great but if it wasn't deflected they were just good?

Yes. Absolutely.

We can name 500 teams across sports that should have won a title in a particular year but they didn't. You don't finish 4th or 6th and call yourself great.

Wrong.

Sooooo wrong.

And sooooo stupid.

that team would've been no different than the team in 2000 that watched fsu play for a title.

Advertisement
Back