Barry jackson notes from first week of practice

Restrepo is a good athlete with good athletic numbers but he didn’t necessarily test as well as berrios(not many of our receivers have). However restrepo imo is a more battle tested player considering the strong competition he’s played against in south Florida being and starting at sta and Deerfield beach. Restrepo is the better player coming in to Miami than berrios imo
I remember Berries’ spark numbers were off the charts but it didn’t translate into production until his senior season.

Advertisement
29511252_1971989019509500_916030830870041238_n.webp

I remember Berries’ spark numbers were off the charts but it didn’t translate into production until his senior season.
That’s why imo restrepo is a better player coming in than berrios was in regards to being a football player. Restrepo has played against elite competition for a longer period time than berrios ever did when both entered their respective careers at Miami

Last edited:
The evolution of Barry Jackson reports through a UM annual cycle:

- Recruiting sucks
-they didn't do that bad
-xy and z guys are looking great in spring and primed for next step
- Miami has the talent to win the ACC
- Miami's roster not good enough
-recruiting sucks, begin cycle again

Advertisement
I never liked the lazy Berrios comparisons. Yeah they're both slots and return guys with similar size but they win in different ways. Restrepo is more physical and better after the catch. He can be a kick return guy whereas Berrios was a punt return guy who only had a 9'2" broad jump at the combine (2nd percentile for WR). Berrios had better intermediate separation skills but Restrepo is more explosive.

I've said it before but Restrepo is more like Chad Owens.

Don't forget that Berrios and Restrepo are also both not black. And anytime 2 non-black players, in a sport dominated by blacks, play the same position they are immediately compared to each other. You can go down the line with this in football and basketball.
when was the last time a white guy was compared to a black guy in terms of “___ plays like _____”. I’m sure it’s happened but I can’t bring it to mind.

That’s why imo restrepo is a better player coming in than berrios in regards to football

Makes no sense, Brock

I don’t know who the better athlete is, but your post is illogical.

Advertisement
That was an odd comment.

Berrios played well while he was here - for sure in his last year.

I think Restrepo can be a good ball player for us, but he hasn't done anything yet. Not yet.

And I HIGHLY doubt that Restrepo's SPARQ score was remotely close to Berrios's.

How does Restrepo make Berrios look like a 5th grader when Berrios was one of the most elite athletes from his year?

That's nice comparison. I remembers Owens was always a clutch WR for Timmy Chang in that Run & Shoot June Jones offense.

Restrepo always reminded me of Michael Campanaro from Wake Forest, shifty slot WR & good return man.

Yeah that's a good comp too. Campanaro was a solid underneath receiver and sneaky after the catch guy. I know Ravens were high on him before he had injury issues.

Don't forget that Berrios and Restrepo are also both not black. And anytime 2 non-black players, in a sport dominated by blacks, play the same position they are immediately compared to each other. You can go down the line with this in football and basketball.
when was the last time a white guy was compared to a black guy in terms of “___ plays like _____”. I’m sure it’s happened but I can’t bring it to mind.

I watched the film of that white RB from NC today...**** he's a beast. Can't wait for the inevitable Christian McCaffrey comparison even though they're different types of backs (with some overlap).

Advertisement
Yeah that's a good comp too. Campanaro was a solid underneath receiver and sneaky after the catch guy. I know Ravens were high on him before he had injury issues.

I watched the film of that white RB from NC today...**** he's a beast. Can't wait for the inevitable Christian McCaffrey comparison even though they're different types of backs (with some overlap).
What's his name?

“If King hadn’t come here, I think Van Dyke would start this year,” that source said.

I would really like to know who that source is. Practice observer? Water girl? Anyway, I am stoked to see TVD at Miami. King will show him the way.

Jaylon Knighton -steal of the class.

Loving the addition of the new offensive coaches.

Curious to see John Campbells development. If he can shore up LT that will be huge.

Can't wait to see Jaelen Phillips live.

Al Blades gonna take up that leadership role that I had hoped he would.

Advertisement
On, Xavier Restrepo : “He’s gained weight,” that person said. “I know there are Braxton Berrios comparisons, but he makes Berrios look like a fifth-grader [physically] and his hands are better than Berrios’.”

Quotes like this kill any crediblity these articles have. Berrios saved our *** more that a couple times with his clutch catches and had the most reliable hands on punt returns than we've had in a long time [win that Florida game with him back there instead of Thomas].
Retrepo better look like The Rock if someone is actually comparing Braxton to a "fifth-grader'

That last drive against FSU...Berrios and Homer bailed us out. Langham made the play but we're nowhere close without them.

Berrios took a few seasons but he was big time later on at UM.

Advertisement
Back