Barry jackson notes from first week of practice

Advertisement
On, Xavier Restrepo : “He’s gained weight,” that person said. “I know there are Braxton Berrios comparisons, but he makes Berrios look like a fifth-grader [physically] and his hands are better than Berrios’.”

Quotes like this kill any crediblity these articles have. Berrios saved our *** more that a couple times with his clutch catches and had the most reliable hands on punt returns than we've had in a long time [win that Florida game with him back there instead of Thomas].
Retrepo better look like The Rock if someone is actually comparing Braxton to a "fifth-grader'

I’m glad you said it maybe he’s bigger than berrios but better hands and making him look like a 5th grader..

Dudes never taken a snap in a spring game...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Restrepo does look way bigger than I thought he was... But yeah, the rest of his statement is crazry.

Advertisement
3s6o29.webp

This stood out to me. It is what I expected of Perry and Martell, but what I HOPED for in TVD. He really needs to be the guy next year:

“If King hadn’t come here, I think Van Dyke would start this year,” that source said. “His passes are crisp, accurate.” He also praised the QB’s demeanor. That source said N’Kosi Perry was OK but Tate Martell continues to struggle with accuracy and turnovers.

Advertisement
Campbell and Herbert becoming a serviceable duo at OT would be huge for this offense. It would allow us to do so many more things that we wouldn't be able to do with two bad O-Tackles.

Agreed x100. I've given up on Hillery, but if we can get some productivity out of Campbell and Herbert, the effectiveness of our OL improves considerably. I'd love to keep Scaife inside, and while I am hopeful that Zion has improved since Year 1 we can't put all our eggs in that basket.

Campbell and Herbert must step up.

Advertisement
On, Xavier Restrepo : “He’s gained weight,” that person said. “I know there are Braxton Berrios comparisons, but he makes Berrios look like a fifth-grader [physically] and his hands are better than Berrios’.”

Quotes like this kill any crediblity these articles have. Berrios saved our *** more that a couple times with his clutch catches and had the most reliable hands on punt returns than we've had in a long time [win that Florida game with him back there instead of Thomas].
Retrepo better look like The Rock if someone is actually comparing Braxton to a "fifth-grader'

Berrios was not very reliable catching the football until later in his career.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Brax. He will forever be etched in my Cane HOF just for his performance in 2017 in Doak alone. That was one of the 10 best performances by a Hurricane I've ever seen. But he caught a TOTAL of 45 passes his first 3 seasons here. He caught 55 just in his senior year. Let's not talk like it's blasphemous to say a kid might be ahead of where Brax was as a freshman.

Reminder: It’s off-season. Banter and lofty descriptions are the norm. Yes, do enjoy the anticipation, you deserve to, but wait for the first game.

Advertisement
Back