Barry jackson notes from first week of practice

Would you have thought that prior to the season last year? Statistically, LSU's 2018 offense looked a lot like Miami's 2019 offense maybe with better run blocking linemen.

Joe Burrow- 57% completions 16/5 TD/INT, 133.2 Rating

Nick Brossette- 1039 yards 4.3ypc
Clyde Edwards-Helaire- 658 yards 4.5 ypc

Justin Jefferson- 58 rec 875 yards
No other receiver caught more than 23 passes.

These are really pedestrian numbers outside of Jefferson who had a nice but not spectacular season. I would not have looked at these results and said this was a super talented offensive team. If a scheme change can turn this pile of mediocrity into a record setting offense, I feel Miami can significantly benefit from a change too.
Everyone likes to act like they knew LSU was a small tweak from being a record setting offense. Fact of the matter is NO ONE saw it coming. LSU was as horrible as us for as long as us offensively. Their transformation was entirely the result of the Brady hire and his ability to put that talent in position to explode.

We might not have the same amount of talent that LSU had last year, but we also don’t play anywhere near the schedule LSU played last year. If Lashlee is who we think he is, then our offense should at least see an improvement similar to what our defense experienced after Manure replaced Doritos.

Advertisement
Everyone likes to act like they knew LSU was a small tweak from being a record setting offense. Fact of the matter is NO ONE saw it coming. LSU was as horrible as us for as long as us offensively. Their transformation was entirely the result of the Brady hire and his ability to put that talent in position to explode.

We might not have the same amount of talent that LSU had last year, but we also don’t play anywhere near the schedule LSU played last year. If Lashlee is who we think he is, then our offense should at least see an improvement similar to what our defense experienced after Manure replaced Doritos.

I still remember the idiots in that time talking about how we have no talent on the DL and how it wasn't all donofrio's fault. All of a sudden the next year...immediate impact with scheme change. I'm fairly confident we;ll see a big change - not sure as significant but it will be drastic.

Lashlee lead SMU to their first 10 win season for the first time since 1984.

And yes I give the majority of the credit to Lashle because their Defense was not very good at all & the difference of 2018 SMU & 2019 SMU was Lash getting Shane Buechele. In 2018 they had Ben Hicks who was a QB he didn't recruit & really didn't have much choice but to play because he was Dykes guy.

In 2019 he went & got Buechele & started Xavier Jones who was a low rated 3-star coming out of HS. In 2018, they barely ran the ball with Dykes having control of the play calling, once he turned over the ship to Lash he took a Texas castoff, a low ranked Senior RB that hadn't played at all & the same group of mid-tier 3-star WR's & completely transformed their offense.

SMU still has Buechele, but they hired Garrett Riley (Lincoln's younger brother) to replace Lashlee, if Dykes takes the reigns back & calls plays SMU will return back to being a regular team. What the Riley brothers, Lashlee, Heupel & a lot of the young innovative play callers have all learned is that the Air Raid really only operates best with a more balanced distribution of the ball in the pass & run game, Dykes was an old Pass only Air Raid Leach disciple, it wasn't until he relied on Lashlee's versatile offense before he had his best season as a HC in his career.

Why is it common for “fans” to constantly take slick shots at guys like mark pope or Nesta Silvera. Sh*ts getting old, y’all act like they ain’t Miami players

Part of it is ppl overhyping these kids. Mark pope has done absolutely nothing on the field. Lets hope the results match the hype

Advertisement
Part of it is ppl overhyping these kids. Mark pope has done absolutely nothing on the field. Lets hope the results match the hype
When chad Thomas was in the wrong scheme and who was a higher rated recruit than either one of pope or Silvera and even HE didn’t produce or do much until he was a junior in the right type of scheme. It matters... in regards to Silvera he played behind the best dt Miami has had since Vince wilfork and arguably the best dt in America that year other than Quentin Williams and Silvera wasn’t necessarily fully healthy last season as he injured his leg before the season even began .

A turnaround like what Diaz did for the defense makes us the runaway Coastal champion, double digit game winners, and respectable to compete with Clemson for the title.

I’ll take that as a first step to restoration of an elite program.

I still remember the idiots in that time talking about how we have no talent on the DL and how it wasn't all donofrio's fault. All of a sudden the next year...immediate impact with scheme change. I'm fairly confident we;ll see a big change - not sure as significant but it will be drastic.
I was one of the few who kept repeating that we had plenty of talent on the D and DL. Most imbeciles in this fanbase roll over and **** themselves and destroy the players the minute the results suck.

If we don’t get the same or better turnaround from the offense then Lashlee failed.

Advertisement
I was one of the few who kept repeating that we had plenty of talent on the D and DL. Most imbeciles in this fanbase roll over and **** themselves and destroy the players the minute the results suck.

If we don’t get the same or better turnaround from the offense then Lashlee failed.

we ended up in retrospect, having a good amount of guys getting drafted, and most have stuck around on rosters...

When chad Thomas was in the wrong scheme and who was a higher rated recruit than either one of pope or Silvera and even HE didn’t produce or do much until he was a junior in the right type of scheme. It matters... in regards to Silvera he played behind the best dt Miami has had since Vince wilfork and arguably the best dt in America that year other than Quentin Williams and Silvera wasn’t necessarily fully healthy last season as he injured his leg before the season even began .

best DT Miami had since Kareem brown

You sound ridiculous as ****. It’s a ******* fact that berrios didn’t do sh*t until his final year pretty much. Ain’t nobody dissing no ******* one, get real... I dont hate berrios so where in the **** do you get that sh*t from?

And Jarren lost to Duke, FIU

bum *** QB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back