Barry jackson notes from first week of practice

Sounds like hate to me. Lol
Pretty sure if I echo’d those same exact words for JW last yr, Brock would’ve been to the rescue ASAP Ferg & been asked y am I hating on a Cane. Lol
lol. Facts.

What is it that makes him choose certain players over others?

JT4 came from a rough place so I can see that underdog thing. JW is from Georgia like Brock so maybe that’s the thing there???

Zion gained 70 whatever pounds in 9 months as a 2 star true freshman and got thrown in at left tackle. Why no love for that poor guy?

Advertisement
lol. Facts.

What is it that makes him choose certain players over others?

JT4 came from a rough place so I can see that underdog thing. JW is from Georgia like Brock so maybe that’s the thing there???

Zion gained 70 whatever pounds in 9 months as a 2 star true freshman and got thrown in at left tackle. Why no love for that poor guy?

Yeah.....we need answers. Oh wait; he’ll just say, “I’m just keeping it a buck.”

LMAO

Don't forget that Berrios and Restrepo are also both not black. And anytime 2 non-black players, in a sport dominated by blacks, play the same position they are immediately compared to each other. You can go down the line with this in football and basketball.
when was the last time a white guy was compared to a black guy in terms of “___ plays like _____”. I’m sure it’s happened but I can’t bring it to mind.

i seem to recall Barkley telling KG he played like Tom Chambers and KG looked pretty offended

i seem to recall Barkley telling KG he played like Tom Chambers and KG looked pretty offended
That’s a great memory, and frankly hilarious in that I never thought of KG playing like Tom Chambers. Based solely on playing style.

That’s a great memory, and frankly hilarious in that I never thought of KG playing like Tom Chambers. Based solely on playing style.

Agreed. Although that Tom Chambers dunk was unstoppable in Lakers vs. Celtics

Advertisement
Agreed. Although that Tom Chambers dunk was unstoppable in Lakers vs. Celtics
one the great dunks in nba history. Chambers looked like he kept rising even after making contact.
You sir are likely have a great nba memory. Frankly, Chambers was a great dunker who has been forgotten
another great white dunker was Rex Chapman. When I was in 10th grade I went to the McDonald’s high school all American game in Detroit. None of had any idea about this Chapman until the half time dunk contest when he blew away a good field. And yes we were all a little surprised at this white guy jumping out of the building.

Let’s be real, berrios had 1 good/great year out of 4 seasons yet people praise him like he was moss at Miami. What berrios was at Miami isnt unattainable for restrepo period
I agree that Restrepo can do it but Brax8 did a lot in that one year I wish we could have a guy that puts up stats like that again and is consistent game in and game out

Yeah that's a good comp too. Campanaro was a solid underneath receiver and sneaky after the catch guy. I know Ravens were high on him before he had injury issues.

I watched the film of that white RB from NC today...**** he's a beast. Can't wait for the inevitable Christian McCaffrey comparison even though they're different types of backs (with some overlap).
He's fast, no doubt, but the holes are huge and didn't see much wiggle. I wouldn't offer him.

Not sure, but believe there is more to the phrase "better hands" then just drops/no drops. Such as, catch radius, positioning yourself for the catch, etc..

Advertisement
Why is it common for “fans” to constantly take slick shots at guys like mark pope or Nesta Silvera. Sh*ts getting old, y’all act like they ain’t Miami players

It’s the **** truth

It is but man you are walking a fine line.... No one disagrees that Berrios did not do **** his first 3 years (injuries, lack of PT, improper coaching/scheme whatever) he had 45 catches for less than 500 yds and 5 tds, surpassed all that his senior year.

Mark Pope in 2 years has 19 catches 277 yds and 2 tds

Nesta 32 tckls 1 sack in 2 years....

Basically, 1 good year can change a narrative on the player. I agree throwing shade at nesta and pope (or any other player) saying they suck is unfounded as they still have time to be big contributors. But to get on people when they say they haven't shown up is also "the **** truth"

Oh, it's completely idiotic but one thing I've learned is that common sense goes out the window when it's competing with ego for a lot of these coaches. It's one reason I'm not quite as down on Manny as a lot of people are. He's at least shown a willingness to say "ok that didn't work, let's try something else".

I know quite a few FSU grads/fans and they were never really down on Briles. From what I was able to gather, Taggart refused to let go of the reins and was still overly hand-on with the offense. They were running this weird mishmash of the two offenses and it was a disaster right from the jump.

I would feel the exact same way about Manny if he hadn’t shown such poor leadership presence under fire.

His willingness for self evaluation is his biggest strength. If he can get some fortitude to go with it, he will be a very good head coach.

Advertisement
On, Xavier Restrepo : “He’s gained weight,” that person said. “I know there are Braxton Berrios comparisons, but he makes Berrios look like a fifth-grader [physically] and his hands are better than Berrios’.”

Quotes like this kill any crediblity these articles have. Berrios saved our *** more that a couple times with his clutch catches and had the most reliable hands on punt returns than we've had in a long time [win that Florida game with him back there instead of Thomas].
Retrepo better look like The Rock if someone is actually comparing Braxton to a "fifth-grader'
The two are 20 pounds apart lol.

Advertisement
I personally think Silvera gets bullied too often, more bullish on Miller and Ford.
Silvera didn’t play enough last year to say he was bullied plus he was coming off a leg injury and wasn’t necessarily fully healthy. Him and miller played similar snaps but both roles will be expanded this year. Garvin had high praise for Silvera as unsung hero on the dline actually just a few weeks back and that he expects big things from him this year . It’s simple Silvera had a number of games where he looked good last season , as did both Ford and miller however the play needs to be more consistent and take a step up from everyone in the room

It is but man you are walking a fine line.... No one disagrees that Berrios did not do **** his first 3 years (injuries, lack of PT, improper coaching/scheme whatever) he had 45 catches for less than 500 yds and 5 tds, surpassed all that his senior year.

Richt definitey misused Berrios His Jr. year...that kid had absolutey no business playing the X or Z WR.

I think Knighton is going to see a lot of action and Chaney takes a shirt. Him and Jeremiah Payton are going to be the guys.

Chaney definitely not taking a shirt unless he’s not healthy enough to come back during Fall Camp. He’s already more talented than Burns with one shoulder. He’s definitely getting carries this year if healthy

Advertisement
Back