So Now Richt Sucks at Recruiting?

people on this board need to grow a pair. first off Miami is doing ok, there aren't any fcs players in this class like previous years, the top players are some of the best players in south florida or country in dj Johnson and McFarland if he signs,

Miami's biggest need is o line and they landed a stud in Donaldson and a couple guys who will be starters in a couple years, wr if we get Harley to go with njoku will be fine. with Richards, berrios, cager, mullins and njoku and Harley would be ok, dallas can play wr also although Is slated as a db,

a bunch of the so called 3 stars are underrated nationally. guys like Gibson , give the staff time. mark richt had like 1 class that wasnt' top 10 at Georgia he knows how to recruit.

Advertisement
No excuses.

Richt isn't getting it done.

But no one will ever get it done until the culture changes and we start handing out dufflebags of cash like the rest of College Football.

Ok Ok maybe i am being a little harsh.

Just seems like we've missed on the bigger targets, some I really wanted us to get.

2018 will hopefully be the class that put us back on top in recruiting

Beating FSU, winning the Coastal and being a top 10 will help. With Kaaya leaving, i doubt that happens.

people on this board need to grow a pair. first offMiami is doing ok, there aren't any fcs players in this class like previous years, the top players are some of the best players in south florida or country in dj Johnson and McFarland if he signs,

Miami's biggest need is o line and they landed a stud in Donaldson and a couple guys who will be starters in a couple years, wr if we get Harley to go with njoku will be fine. with Richards, berrios, cager, mullins and njoku and Harley would be ok, dallas can play wr also although Is slated as a db,

a bunch of the so called 3 stars are underrated nationally. guys like Gibson , give the staff time. mark richt had like 1 class that wasnt' top 10 at Georgia he knows how to recruit.

I'd say Gibson is rated right where he should be. He has to be in a certain scheme to excel because he doesn't have great speed and his coverage is iffy which is why he's a 3*. Carter, Ford, Jennings Jr, Steed, and Garvin should be rated higher imo.

If fsux gets Cam Akers,, we are FVCKED. Alabama is praying Najee leaves to USC, because they want Cam more. They're just not sure Cam will come to Bama, if they say "bye" to Najee. But I am telling you both are very elite and if Akers goes to fsux, we are in for another 3 to 4 years of Dumbo being our boss and CMR's daddy. We have to get someone on this staff that can get elite 5* players to come here.

Akers will be a nightmare:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J22LQ7M22Pw[/video]
A RB should not automatically make anyone our daddy no matter how good. If that were the case, the same thing would have happened to a lot of teams who faced Fournette. Famous defensive coordinator quote: "if you're in the backfield, they can't even start."

DL > any RB

Doesn't matter, elite running backs still get their yards, no matter how good the DL is. The problem is fsux has had an elite running back for 3 years who has ran completely over us and if they get Akers, there will be more of the same and we, on the other hand, have had no one near Dalvin Cook's moxy in the last 10 years. Cook is probably the best all around RB in CFB this year and Akers is assuredly rising to the # 1 prospect for a RB coming out of HS this year.

Advertisement
If fsux gets Cam Akers,, we are FVCKED. Alabama is praying Najee leaves to USC, because they want Cam more. They're just not sure Cam will come to Bama, if they say "bye" to Najee. But I am telling you both are very elite and if Akers goes to fsux, we are in for another 3 to 4 years of Dumbo being our boss and CMR's daddy. We have to get someone on this staff that can get elite 5* players to come here.

for the love of god please no.

go to bammer. anyone but the troles.

This idea that Richt sucks at recruiting is ******* idiotic. Defensively they're on track to bring the best defense we've had in a decade essentially from 2 classes and on offense if the line class finishes strong it may be the most talented line in a while with 2 AA rbs..... Yet he can't recruit? Yeah OK tell UGA he can't recruit see how much they laugh in your faces

Can we at least wait until NSD?

If we close on our top targets, this will be a strong class.

Nah man, I'd rather we call this all a failure now

IMG_3348.webp

While people think we may have missed on some of the big name recruits, I am satisfied with the class we have put together so far.

We will add a couple more players before signing day and I am hoping that some are the big name players we all want.
But in the end, I want players to come to Miami that want to be at Miami. I know people use this all the time, but Ed Reed wasn't a highly rated guy out of HS and look how he turned out.

Give me the guys who want to wear the U on their helmet and want to compete for us and want to make the U great again.

Also, some of these players we want have been building relationships with coaches for the past 2-3 years and sometimes more. Richt is a more than good recruiter and we will see this starting with the 18 and especially 19 classes. He will have had the time over the past few years to build relationships with those recruits.

Trust the process.

Advertisement

A RB should not automatically make anyone our daddy no matter how good. If that were the case, the same thing would have happened to a lot of teams who faced Fournette. Famous defensive coordinator quote: "if you're in the backfield, they can't even start."

DL > any RB

Doesn't matter, elite running backs still get their yards, no matter how good the DL is.

Leonard Fournette:

17 carries for 35 yards vs Alabama
12 carries for 40 yards vs Florida

Richt better step up his game: Clemson just received a commitment from the # 1 player in the country for 2018 QB Trevor Lawrence from Georgia. Getting rough in the ACC

I'd be stunned if an elite Miss kid went to FSU over Ole Miss/Bama. I think it has happened once or twice but iirc they were not the same caliber player as akers

While people think we may have missed on some of the big name recruits, I am satisfied with the class we have put together so far.

We will add a couple more players before signing day and I am hoping that some are the big name players we all want.
But in the end, I want players to come to Miami that want to be at Miami. I know people use this all the time, but Ed Reed wasn't a highly rated guy out of HS and look how he turned out.

Give me the guys who want to wear the U on their helmet and want to compete for us and want to make the U great again.

Also, some of these players we want have been building relationships with coaches for the past 2-3 years and sometimes more. Richt is a more than good recruiter and we will see this starting with the 18 and especially 19 classes. He will have had the time over the past few years to build relationships with those recruits.

Trust the process.

This is something else that needs to go. I would assume every kid that commits to any school wants to actually be there, wear whatever logo on their helmet, and make their team great.

For every Ed Reed there's three more Robert Nkemdiche, Dalvin Cook, Jameis Winston, Myles Garrett, Leonard Fournette, etc.

Advertisement
Dingle offer was pulled and jeudy didn't commit bc of the old staff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st year staff's usually get 1st year bump in recruiting. Where is it for this staff?

Players Targeted and Missed:

- Jerry Jeudy
- Shawn Davis
- Tre McKitty
- Jeremiah Holloman
- Devonta Smith (assuming)
- Alex Leatherwood
- Christopher Henderson
- Marco Wilson
- Daniel Wright
- Cyrus ***an

Maybe I'm over exaggerating because most of these kids were really tough gets either way, but you think with a first year bump we would be able to land 2-3 of these top target guys.

Thoughts?

DeeJay Dallas
DJ Johnson
Donaldson
Harley (potentially)
Herbert (potentially)
Slaton (potentially)
McFarland (probably)
Bandy
Carter
Wilder

But hey, great post

We landing and missing some kids right now

Can't get them all

1st year staff's usually get 1st year bump in recruiting. Where is it for this staff?

- Jerry Jeudy
- Shawn Davis
- Tre McKitty
- Jeremiah Holloman
- Alex Leatherwood
- Christopher Henderson
- Marco Wilson
- Daniel Wright
- Cyrus ***an

Maybe I'm over exaggerating because most of these kids were really tough gets either way, but you think with a first year bump we would be able to land 2-3 of these top target guys.

Thoughts?

DeeJay Dallas
DJ Johnson
Donaldson
Harley (potentially)
Herbert (potentially)
Slaton (potentially)
McFarland (probably)
Bandy
Carter
Wilder

But hey, great post

Can't get them all

Advertisement
My official stance is that Richt isn't a bad recruiter. I think he's a good recruiter. But context matters. We upgraded our staff, which I think is obvious to most. We paid more. We should expect great, not good. Top 10 classes. Filling roster holes with quality prospects. Pulling difference makers. I don't expect to keep everyone, but I expect to pull the best from down here or at least roll deep with quality numbers. I expect to be in that 50% blue chip ratio. I expect for a very successful coach to recruit at a championship classes. We are, for the most part, staying the same.

- Jerry Jeudy
- Shawn Davis
- Tre McKitty
- Jeremiah Holloman
- Alex Leatherwood
- Christopher Henderson
- Marco Wilson
- Daniel Wright
- Cyrus ***an

Thoughts?

DeeJay Dallas
DJ Johnson
Donaldson
Harley (potentially)
Herbert (potentially)
Slaton (potentially)
McFarland (probably)
Bandy
Carter
Wilder

But hey, great post

Can't get them all

DL > any RB

Doesn't matter, elite running backs still get their yards, no matter how good the DL is.

Leonard Fournette:

17 carries for 35 yards vs Alabama
12 carries for 40 yards vs Florida

I've never said Fournette is elite and I don't think he'll do much in the NFL. Too injury prone. To be elite you have to be durable. I love Duke Johnson and I think if he were more durable he would be considered elite. he got tired late in games, Cook does not, neither did the RB for Alabama who ran the ball 50 times a game last year and won the Heisman. Don't think Fournette has ever been invited. Cook got shafted, he should've been there and will be a top 10 pick if he comes out.

I'd be stunned if an elite Miss kid went to FSU over Ole Miss/Bama. I think it has happened once or twice but iirc they were not the same caliber player as akers

I hope he doesn't pick fsu because it's going to be bad if he does. There's a reason he is the # 4 rated player overall on 247. The other kid they have committed from Va. Is good Khalil Laborn, but he ain't on the level of Cam Akers.

Advertisement
Back