So Now Richt Sucks at Recruiting?

Advertisement
Meanwhile, Georgia just landed a 5*, top 5 OT in the country. Georgia is absolutely killing it in recruiting.

Adonis Thomas from JUCO, a former 4 star LB just committed to fsu. Look for a McKitty commit to come for fsu real soon per one of their cronies.

If we'd gotten McKitty he'd be "just another 3*".

people are complaining and these kids havent even hit the field yet in a Canes jersey... give it some time... look at University of Washington, they are not doing what they are doing with 5* kids... i gotta see at least 2 full recruiting cycles before i can start judging things too much... i want to see them land Devonta Smith and McFarland, that would help ease some peoples minds i think

McFarland is a fkin animal has a game changer healthy. If we land him he's instantly the best rb we had in a loooooong time based off potential alone. He reminds me of Alex Collins With a bit more burn

Advertisement
people are complaining and these kids havent even hit the field yet in a Canes jersey... give it some time... look at University of Washington, they are not doing what they are doing with 5* kids... i gotta see at least 2 full recruiting cycles before i can start judging things too much... i want to see them land Devonta Smith and McFarland, that would help ease some peoples minds i think

Washington have an Offensive Coordinator?

has he upgraded from Golden? no doubt as we don't see any hidden gems from Jersey in here with FCS offers only. he's also done better in Florida
has he crushed it? not at all as we have a bunch of 3 star kids and have missed on too many 4 and 5 stars that will move the needle.

You're judging the 3* kids (from Miami) that had offers from strong programs before they've even played a down.. Too soon.

McFarland is a fkin animal has a game changer healthy. If we land him he's instantly the best rb we had in a loooooong time based off potential alone. He reminds me of Alex Collins With a bit more burn

Burns is bigger and faster. I like his potential as a RB better but they're both going to be good.

Advertisement
Comparing any other coaching staff to Golden's is going to make the other one look like a million bucks. Richt shouldn't be compared to Golden. He's getting paid $4 million per year, has a track record of landing Top 10 classes annually while at UGA, and now has the luxury of having South Florida as his recruiting base. Expectations of having a much higher blue-chip ratio aren't out of whack whatsoever.

This class is currently above average, but luckily there's still plenty of time to improve it. DB recruiting hasn't been good enough. It seems the best we can hope for at WR is a pair of three-star recruits, which is nowhere near what anyone expected when Richt was first hired. Njoku and Harley are very talented, but we need much more to complement Richards. Your team is f***** if guys like Berrios and Harris are getting significant burn.

We'll see if this staff can close with blue-chip talent down the stretch and if we'll get any unforeseen surprises beyond guys like McFarland/Harley/Herbert/Slaton/Dean/Edwards. If we're in the shape we're thought to be in with the majority of those guys.

Absolutely vital we close it out with all 6 of these guys. All serve a huge need.

Looking like we might get 2, McFarland and Dean.

Hopefully we close on some new targets because this class is concerning.

remember this video

[video=youtube;CdunAkFH_Io]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdunAkFH_Io[/video]

Even a poor recruiter like Golden has CLEANED up all the studs from this video from his "honeymoon" year class.

shannon had the #1 recruiting class for his honeymoon bump.

now recruiting rankings change in hindsight but Richt so far hasn't pulled anything like that for his honeymoon.

Comparing any other coaching staff to Golden's is going to make the other one look like a million bucks. Richt shouldn't be compared to Golden. He's getting paid $4 million per year, has a track record of landing Top 10 classes annually while at UGA, and now has the luxury of having South Florida as his recruiting base. Expectations of having a much higher blue-chip ratio aren't out of whack whatsoever.

This class is currently above average, but luckily there's still plenty of time to improve it. DB recruiting hasn't been good enough. It seems the best we can hope for at WR is a pair of three-star recruits, which is nowhere near what anyone expected when Richt was first hired. Njoku and Harley are very talented, but we need much more to complement Richards. Your team is f***** if guys like Berrios and Harris are getting significant burn.

We'll see if this staff can close with blue-chip talent down the stretch and if we'll get any unforeseen surprises beyond guys like McFarland/Harley/Herbert/Slaton/Dean/Edwards. If we're in the shape we're thought to be in with the majority of those guys.

Absolutely vital we close it out with all 6 of these guys. All serve a huge need.

Looking like we might get 2, McFarland and Dean.

Hopefully we close on some new targets because this class is concerning.

I remember when we were getting most of them and signing 30+.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back