So Now Richt Sucks at Recruiting?

Little by little. Better uniforms, new IPF, offices, facilities, stadium excellent. RB, TE, DL, LB, QB positions solid, with time to close and improve WR, DB, OL this class; knowing next cycle's DB and WR classes are going to be much deeper we really need to finish strongest on OL this year. So come 2018, with strategic recruiting staff additions, another couple S&C cycles, and a little more attrition, we'll look like we're supposed to look as a program.

Most of these recruits have been recruited for several years by other programs...Dudes think not signing J.J. or [insert player name] will stop what this staff has already set into motion... Listening to cry-babies complain about recruiting (as if the current staff is clueless) page after page without seeing the bigger picture, makes me wonder how some of you make it out of your houses in the morning.

Chess mentality. Make moves now to capitalize down the road...

That whole these recruits have been recruited for years is BS. why can one of these coaches go to schools the same caliber as UM and absolutely dominate recruiting.

Advertisement
Meanwhile, Georgia just landed a 5*, top 5 OT in the country. Georgia is absolutely killing it in recruiting.

Adonis Thomas from JUCO, a former 4 star LB just committed to fsu. Look for a McKitty commit to come for fsu real soon per one of their cronies.

Another business decision.. A top TE fully recruited by the best NFL TE producing university with lot of playing time available choose a University notoriously known for not producing TE. Wise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the coaches job to recruit the kid. Another miss.

Let's look it realistically there's a very good chance UM got UGAs left overs in Richt. There was a reason they didn't want him anymore. Dude missed on Deshaun Watson and isn't he supposed to be a QB guru of some kind?

I know this won't be popular on this board but Kirby Smart is absolutely killing it this year in recruiting, **** of a 2nd class bump.

His player average is higher then Alabama. If this class holds, it will be the best ever at UGA.

In his first year there.

4 game losing streak took us out of national talk were a jag team right now

Yet Kirby Smart at UGA is balling out recruiting and has done a better job in his first year than Richt pretty much every did. ******* Myschamp was pulling in top notch when UF ******* sucked. Jumbos success at FSU is due to recruiting top prospects. This Richt guy is recruiting at about the same level as Golden or a tad bit worse.

The Nole plant is back. Yay.

Little by little. Better uniforms, new IPF, offices, facilities, stadium excellent. RB, TE, DL, LB, QB positions solid, with time to close and improve WR, DB, OL this class; knowing next cycle's DB and WR classes are going to be much deeper we really need to finish strongest on OL this year. So come 2018, with strategic recruiting staff additions, another couple S&C cycles, and a little more attrition, we'll look like we're supposed to look as a program.

Most of these recruits have been recruited for several years by other programs...Dudes think not signing J.J. or [insert player name] will stop what this staff has already set into motion... Listening to cry-babies complain about recruiting (as if the current staff is clueless) page after page without seeing the bigger picture, makes me wonder how some of you make it out of your houses in the morning.

Chess mentality. Make moves now to capitalize down the road...

That whole these recruits have been recruited for years is BS. why can one of these coaches go to schools the same caliber as UM and absolutely dominate recruiting.

Who are "these coaches" are you referring to that "absolutely dominate recruiting"?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Georgia can land all the talent they want, it doesn't change the fact the Kirby Smart isn't half the coach Mark Richt is.

Is this a ******* joke or has Don Bailey Jr disease already reached critical mass on this board?

I want Richt to succeed just as much as anyone...but to stick your ******* head in the dirt like an ostrich and act like his record against RANKED OPPONENTS hasn't been horrible...and a cause for concern....just makes you sound ignorant.

The fact of the matter is a coach with an already questionable record against ranked opponents INSISTS on calling his own plays, and his ineptitude in calling plays cost us AT LEAST 3 games this year.

I wouldn't go parading Richt as "better" than anyone yet. The jury is out. He needs to make up for his deficiencies as a play caller by being a stud in recruiting...and this class still needs more elite players.

In a perfect world we finish strong with a couple of elite late pulls and Richt comes to his senses and hires a dedicated OC.

Next month or so will be telling.

Meanwhile, Georgia just landed a 5*, top 5 OT in the country. Georgia is absolutely killing it in recruiting.

Adonis Thomas from JUCO, a former 4 star LB just committed to fsu. Look for a McKitty commit to come for fsu real soon per one of their cronies.

Didn't take long, did it?

Lol if people honesly think Navaughn Donaldson isnt a top 5 OT 5 star theyre idiots.

Thats hilarious

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
This program had major issues when Richt took over. I think the trajectory is going to be more incremental. Win More games and more blue chips will come.

Last edited:
This program had major issues when Richt took over. I think the trajectory is going to be more incremental. Win More games and more blue chips will come.

And the problem with this line of thought is that Richt's playcalling style needs better players for him to win....it's a chicken and the egg situation.

No doubt that the best recruiter on the planet has and will always be winning, I just have my doubts that Richt is going to win big enough WITHOUT elite players to consistently GET elite players.

And the problem with this line of thought is that Richt's playcalling style needs better players for him to win....it's a chicken and the egg situation.

No doubt that the best recruiter on the planet has and will always be winning, I just have my doubts that Richt is going to win big enough WITHOUT elite players to consistently GET elite players.
Jedi post first half Notre Dame Id argue he decided to pull majority of his head from his *** no?

Jedi post first half Notre Dame Id argue he decided to pull majority of his head from his *** no?

And to that I would say the following:

1) Our schedule was weaker down the stretch. That 4 game span represented the 4 most important games of the year and he wet the bed in them
2) Why in the name of holy **** did it take him THAT long to adjust?

#2 above REALLY concerns me. I still saw wayyyyyy too many 4 vertical route combo's being called in those last few games and wayyyy too many running plays into loaded boxes. There was more success due to point #1 above.

I have a world of concerns with regards to Richt, the playcaller. He's not good at it and I'm really hoping he wakes the **** up and hires a dedicated OC.

Advertisement

Another business decision.. A top TE fully recruited by the best NFL TE producing university with lot of playing time available choose a University notoriously known for not producing TE. Wise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the coaches job to recruit the kid. Another miss.

Let's look it realistically there's a very good chance UM got UGAs left overs in Richt. There was a reason they didn't want him anymore. Dude missed on Deshaun Watson and isn't he supposed to be a QB guru of some kind?

Not sure how ToiletPaper801 has been allowed to post on this board.
Nole trolls should not be allowed here.
Period.

And to that I would say the following:

1) Our schedule was weaker down the stretch. That 4 game span represented the 4 most important games of the year and he wet the bed in them
2) Why in the name of holy **** did it take him THAT long to adjust?

#2 above REALLY concerns me. I still saw wayyyyyy too many 4 vertical route combo's being called in those last few games and wayyyy too many running plays into loaded boxes. There was more success due to point #1 above.

I have a world of concerns with regards to Richt, the playcaller. He's not good at it and I'm really hoping he wakes the **** up and hires a dedicated OC.
Hey I agree

Utter failure in October brother.

Lets just all ask our selfs this question: Would some of our top guys in this class (DeeJay/DJ, supposedly McFarland) ever seriously consider Miami under the Golden clown show? Probably not and all 3 of those examples are going to be playmakers.

I wish Pete would ask each recruit he has on the podcast if they would have came here so the stupidity about Richt being a bunk recruiter would stop.

Every program in the country misses on top recruits its the name of the game. I wish there were a way to project what our class would have looked like under Golden.

Advertisement
Comparing any other coaching staff to Golden's is going to make the other one look like a million bucks. Richt shouldn't be compared to Golden. He's getting paid $4 million per year, has a track record of landing Top 10 classes annually while at UGA, and now has the luxury of having South Florida as his recruiting base. Expectations of having a much higher blue-chip ratio aren't out of whack whatsoever.

This class is currently above average, but luckily there's still plenty of time to improve it. DB recruiting hasn't been good enough. It seems the best we can hope for at WR is a pair of three-star recruits, which is nowhere near what anyone expected when Richt was first hired. Njoku and Harley are very talented, but we need much more to complement Richards. Your team is f***** if guys like Berrios and Harris are getting significant burn.

We'll see if this staff can close with blue-chip talent down the stretch and if we'll get any unforeseen surprises beyond guys like McFarland/Harley/Herbert/Slaton/Dean/Edwards. If we're in the shape we're thought to be in with the majority of those guys.

Lets just all ask our selfs this question: Would some of our top guys in this class (DeeJay/DJ, supposedly McFarland) ever seriously consider Miami under the Golden clown show? Probably not and all 3 of those examples are going to be playmakers.

I wish Pete would ask each recruit he has on the podcast if they would have came here so the stupidity about Richt being a bunk recruiter would stop.

Every program in the country misses on top recruits its the name of the game. I wish there were a way to project what our class would have looked like under Golden.

Hard to answer that question really. Golden did get guys like Coley, Corn, the whole DL and had Richards, Shaq, Pickney, McCloud committed when he was fired. Golden was a very bad coach and a mediocre recruited, he still got some pretty good players to come to Miami.

Comparing any other coaching staff to Golden's is going to make the other one look like a million bucks. Richt shouldn't be compared to Golden. He's getting paid $4 million per year, has a track record of landing Top 10 classes annually while at UGA, and now has the luxury of having South Florida as his recruiting base. Expectations of having a much higher blue-chip ratio aren't out of whack whatsoever.

This class is currently above average, but luckily there's still plenty of time to improve it. DB recruiting hasn't been good enough. It seems the best we can hope for at WR is a pair of three-star recruits, which is nowhere near what anyone expected when Richt was first hired. Njoku and Harley are very talented, but we need much more to complement Richards. Your team is f***** if guys like Berrios and Harris are getting significant burn.

We'll see if this staff can close with blue-chip talent down the stretch and if we'll get any unforeseen surprises beyond guys like McFarland/Harley/Herbert/Slaton/Dean/Edwards. If we're in the shape we're thought to be in with the majority of those guys.

Absolutely vital we close it out with all 6 of these guys. All serve a huge need.

Advertisement
Back