So Now Richt Sucks at Recruiting?

1st year staff's usually get 1st year bump in recruiting. Where is it for this staff?

Players Targeted and Missed:

- Jerry Jeudy
- Shawn Davis
- Tre McKitty
- Jeremiah Holloman
- Devonta Smith (assuming)
- Alex Leatherwood
- Christopher Henderson
- Marco Wilson
- Daniel Wright
- Cyrus ***an

Maybe I'm over exaggerating because most of these kids were really tough gets either way, but you think with a first year bump we would be able to land 2-3 of these top target guys.

Thoughts?

DeeJay Dallas
DJ Johnson
Donaldson
Harley (potentially)
Herbert (potentially)
Slaton (potentially)
McFarland (probably)
Bandy
Carter
Wilder

But hey, great post

Shhh..... you make way too much sense. DO people not get that right now we have a top 8-12 class and the best in the state. I know FSU will do the crap they do every year when they get like 12 commits in the last 24 hours and we will end up with a top 12ish class just like them but still we are recruiting as good as FSU who has destroyed us with on field results. Now if we don't get alot of those guys like Hartley and Slaton ect then some might have a gripe but at this point I am thrilled with what we have and who is looking like they will end up in Orange and Green.

Advertisement

DeeJay Dallas
DJ Johnson
Donaldson
Harley (potentially)
Herbert (potentially)
Slaton (potentially)
McFarland (probably)
Bandy
Carter
Wilder

But hey, great post

Harley, Bandy, Carter, Wilder, Donaldson, should be Canes no matter what staff. I wouldn't consider them "great gets" based on a 1st year bump

LOL. No, no matter who the coach is they get credit for who they get. You can't pick and choose what you count and don't count. I mean you can but that isn't exhibiting a very high level of intelligence.

Take Marco, Leatherwood & Wright off the list...

Marco is one of the most overrated players in South Fla & I'm not saying that because he didn't come here, I didn't want him when people thought he might come. IMO, he wasn't really a miss to me.
I've stated numerous times on threads the only kid on AH I want or give a f*ck about is Tyson Campbell.

Leatherwood was only going to consider maybe coming here if we went undefeated & won the ACC, and even still he probably wouldn't commit anyway. He's the kind of kid that would cost upwards of $75-100K to land.

Wright just got flipped to Bama & I'm not really that high on ***an...

To me, losing out on McKitty is a huge fail for a number of reasons...

1) This is ****** TE U & that should be the easiest sell in crootin for this staff, there should never be difficulty in getting any TE to come here.

2) The kid was already committed to us & his dad BJ is apparently a big time Canes fan & was pushing him to Miami, how the f*ck do you mess that up? The one time we actually have a recruits family on our side & we still can't get'em Lol.

3) We literally sent our ENTIRE Offensive staff to IMG, after him having OV'd for the Duke game, while also having multiple unofficially throughout the season. How often does a team send there whole staff for a recruit & still miss? Lol.

Missing on Shawn Davis was the biggest miss imo as far as the Secondary is concerned, that kid is a legit baller & would be the perfect type FS for this Defense.

I wasn't upset one bit that we missed on Jeudy, he committed to Bama back in July, no one should've been shocked he stayed committed to them.

To me, the biggest misses at WR are Quantino Allen & Carmoni Green, especially if Green ends up flipping to UNC...

Overall, I'm not really worried though, I still think we'll close with a good class, I'm waiting til NSD before I trip out lol
I'm definitely disappointed in some of the misses though, we absolutely better add a JUCO WR & probably a grad transfer.

Last edited:
Last recruiting cycle he got the top receivers from Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach. I wouldn't call that subpar. Besides Jeudy, I don't think any of the receivers we are recruiting would come in and get much playing time anyway.

Advertisement
Ok Ok maybe i am being a little harsh.

Just seems like we've missed on the bigger targets, some I really wanted us to get.

2018 will hopefully be the class that put us back on top in recruiting

1st year staff's usually get 1st year bump in recruiting. Where is it for this staff?

- Jerry Jeudy
- Shawn Davis
- Tre McKitty
- Jeremiah Holloman
- Alex Leatherwood
- Christopher Henderson
- Marco Wilson
- Daniel Wright
- Cyrus ***an

Maybe I'm over exaggerating because most of these kids were really tough gets either way, but you think with a first year bump we would be able to land 2-3 of these top target guys.

Thoughts?

DeeJay Dallas
DJ Johnson
Donaldson
Harley (potentially)
Herbert (potentially)
Slaton (potentially)
McFarland (probably)
Bandy
Carter
Wilder

But hey, great post

Shhh..... you make way too much sense. DO people not get that right now we have a top 8-12 class and the best in the state. I know FSU will do the crap they do every year when they get like 12 commits in the last 24 hours and we will end up with a top 12ish class just like them but still we are recruiting as good as FSU who has destroyed us with on field results. Now if we don't get alot of those guys like Hartley and Slaton ect then some might have a gripe but at this point I am thrilled with what we have and who is looking like they will end up in Orange and Green.

Look, I'm not doom and gloom about this but let's be real. fsu doesn't add last second guys and move to 8-12, they move to top 5. Happens every year. Come signing day the top teams move up and we drop because none of those signing day divas pick us. Hopefully this will get fixed with time, but don't be shocked when fsu jumps us. We need to sign these maybes to stay at #12 . fsu has finished out of the top 5 once since 2011, that's not us recruiting as well as they do.

NOW. The reason I'm not doom and gloom yet is that as we all know, we've got the talent to wint 10+ games and the coastal next year. If we do, I expect we'll get some hype and some recruits. You can't beat money, but some of these kids pass us by because we've sucked for years. Give them a reason to believe we're headed up and they'll come. We'll always lose some to $ but we can do better with a better record.

Last edited:
right now we're 12th in 247 (with a few big names out there), which would be the highest we've ranked there since 2014. and if we move up from that it will be the highest since 2012. so there's been a bump, if not exactly a huge bump. but it sets up to be clear in the top 10 with a good season next cycle.

Advertisement
The inability off this staff to get offensive skill players to commit is unreal. It don't make sense. WR recruiting is just atrocious. Playing time is available, wtf kids are seeing that we are not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hate to break it to people. i had two recruits tell me they think kaaya is not that good. one kid said "hes garbage. kid cant evne make a second read."

Two recruits told you the exact same thing?

Franchise never fails to crack me up. not sure what this has to do with recruiting. The memory of this message forum is hilarious. I'm going to love and see the reality check our fan base has when Rosier is starting next year.

hate to break it to people. i had two recruits tell me they think kaaya is not that good. one kid said "hes garbage. kid cant evne make a second read."

The **** does that have to do with recruiting? GTFO

they dont think he will lead them to playoff contention next year.

Well I'm heartened to know that SFLA kids think we're a QB away from next year's playoff. If I thought that were true I'd drive him to Chicago and drop him on the Bear's porch.

Advertisement
Half those you listed aren't misses. They are kids we never get. Leatherwood was never coming. Smith was never coming. Holloman was never coming. Gaga was never coming. Miami isn't in position to land those types in SEC and Nole strongholds. It's gonna take some winning on the field for those kids to be even realistic.

- Jerry Jeudy
- Shawn Davis
- Tre McKitty
- Jeremiah Holloman
- Alex Leatherwood
- Christopher Henderson
- Marco Wilson
- Daniel Wright
- Cyrus ***an

Thoughts?

You sound like the rest of the punks on this board. I thought you were different. I thought you were a real one.

Well I know BK will be cashing a NFL check while these two recruits might be going pro and working at Enterprise in 3 or 4 years. Say what you want about BK he has shown that he has skills that can translate to the next level.

Advertisement
Yea maybe I jumped the gun too soon. The only positions we have missed on in this class are...

OL - Which is TBD depending on Slaton and Herbert

CB - TBD depending on Dean and Edwards (But I still think Davis and Henderson would be big losses)

WR - looking really bad right now

If fsux gets Cam Akers,, we are FVCKED. Alabama is praying Najee leaves to USC, because they want Cam more. They're just not sure Cam will come to Bama, if they say "bye" to Najee. But I am telling you both are very elite and if Akers goes to fsux, we are in for another 3 to 4 years of Dumbo being our boss and CMR's daddy. We have to get someone on this staff that can get elite 5* players to come here.

Akers will be a nightmare:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J22LQ7M22Pw[/video]

Kid looks good but Cooks HS tape looked way better IMO.

Every time I go back and watch it I want to Punch Golden in the nutz

Sfla is a different animal

Only coach who would clean up right now if he was down here is prolly saban

Advertisement
Back