So Now Richt Sucks at Recruiting?

Akers will be a nightmare:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J22LQ7M22Pw[/video]
A RB should not automatically make anyone our daddy no matter how good. If that were the case, the same thing would have happened to a lot of teams who faced Fournette. Famous defensive coordinator quote: "if you're in the backfield, they can't even start."

DL > any RB

Doesn't matter, elite running backs still get their yards, no matter how good the DL is.

Leonard Fournette:

17 carries for 35 yards vs Alabama
12 carries for 40 yards vs Florida

I've never said Fournette is elite and I don't think he'll do much in the NFL. Too injury prone. To be elite you have to be durable. I love Duke Johnson and I think if he were more durable he would be considered elite. he got tired late in games, Cook does not, neither did the RB for Alabama who ran the ball 50 times a game last year and won the Heisman. Don't think Fournette has ever been invited. Cook got shafted, he should've been there and will be a top 10 pick if he comes out.

Ok.

You said earlier that Dalvin Cook is elite (I agree), correct? You also said "elite running backs still get their yards, no matter how good the DL is," right?

Dalvin Cook:
16 carries for 54 yards vs Louisville
18 carries for 65 yards vs NC State

15 carries for 54 yards vs Boston College

Derrick Henry:
27 carries for 95 yards vs Arkansas
20 carries for 75 yard vs Michigan State

I don't disagree with a lot of what you stated, but I disagree that elite RBs get their yards no matter what and that DL are not greater than RBs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This would never happen to Butch.

This^^^^

Don't waste your time, Archer. These dudes rather hate on the dude that put together the best team of all-time than to accept the fact that we were correct in not wanting Richt as our HC. Butch also recruited a lot of the players only our great Jimmy Johnson era teams. Best eye for talent in the business, no doubt.

As the Bible says, "A man reaps what he sows." Galatians 6:7

Our admin and BOT are reaping what they have sown.

Which is why he's coaching at FIU now, right?

A RB should not automatically make anyone our daddy no matter how good. If that were the case, the same thing would have happened to a lot of teams who faced Fournette. Famous defensive coordinator quote: "if you're in the backfield, they can't even start."

DL > any RB

Doesn't matter, elite running backs still get their yards, no matter how good the DL is.

Leonard Fournette:

I've never said Fournette is elite and I don't think he'll do much in the NFL. Too injury prone. To be elite you have to be durable. I love Duke Johnson and I think if he were more durable he would be considered elite. he got tired late in games, Cook does not, neither did the RB for Alabama who ran the ball 50 times a game last year and won the Heisman. Don't think Fournette has ever been invited. Cook got shafted, he should've been there and will be a top 10 pick if he comes out.

Ok.

You said earlier that Dalvin Cook is elite (I agree), correct? You also said "elite running backs still get their yards, no matter how good the DL is," right?

Ok bro nice stats, but I'm talking overall. No RB is going to run for 150-200 yards per game "every game". But, in general, elite backs are going to average 150 yards per game.

While people think we may have missed on some of the big name recruits, I am satisfied with the class we have put together so far.

We will add a couple more players before signing day and I am hoping that some are the big name players we all want.
But in the end, I want players to come to Miami that want to be at Miami. I know people use this all the time, but Ed Reed wasn't a highly rated guy out of HS and look how he turned out.

Give me the guys who want to wear the U on their helmet and want to compete for us and want to make the U great again.

Also, some of these players we want have been building relationships with coaches for the past 2-3 years and sometimes more. Richt is a more than good recruiter and we will see this starting with the 18 and especially 19 classes. He will have had the time over the past few years to build relationships with those recruits.

Trust the process.

This is something else that needs to go. I would assume every kid that commits to any school wants to actually be there, wear whatever logo on their helmet, and make their team great.

For every Ed Reed there's three more Robert Nkemdiche, Dalvin Cook, Jameis Winston, Myles Garrett, Leonard Fournette, etc.

Yeah man, I do understand what you mean by that. There are always those 5* blue chip recruits out there that we want to have sign that dotted line every year, but more will sign else where than we actually sign. Its a numbers game. With that being said there are those elite kids that we can not let get away.

And like I said in my OP building relationships with those kids is a big thing and we will lose fewer and fewer of those elite kids starting with the 18 and 19 classes.

Leonard Fournette:

Ok.

Ok bro nice stats, but I'm talking overall. No RB is going to run for 150-200 yards per game "every game". But, in general, elite backs are going to average 150 yards per game.
The stats serve to disprove your absolute statement. Your comment clearly stated that "elite running backs still get their yards no matter how good the DL..." Anyone who can do math can see that comment is false. You're now changing your comments to "in general," which further shows you're conceding your original comment was false.

All good. That's the purpose of a message board.

Advertisement
Do first year recruiting bumps happen when your new coach is fired from his old job the previous year? I actually like the class he is bringing in outside of Dykstra but it is not like he chose to leave Georgia to come here. That could play a factor in it.

Smart is getting a first year bump because he's a new head coach and he chose to leave Bama. I'm not sure you'll see a huge bump in recruiting with a guy who just got fired.

Leonard Fournette:

Ok.

The stats serve to disprove your absolute statement. Your comment clearly stated that "elite running backs still get their yards no matter how good the DL..." Anyone who can do math can see that comment is false. You're now changing your comments to "in general," which further shows you're conceding your original comment was false.

All good. That's the purpose of a message board.

Game set match LuCane

This^^^^

Don't waste your time, Archer. These dudes rather hate on the dude that put together the best team of all-time than to accept the fact that we were correct in not wanting Richt as our HC. Butch also recruited a lot of the players only our great Jimmy Johnson era teams. Best eye for talent in the business, no doubt.

Which is why he's coaching at FIU now, right?

Exactly

FIU

Richt has done more for this program from a financial/infrastructure standpoint than any coach has in the last 50 years but he sucks and should DIAF. Guy hasn't been here a full calendar year yet. Simply amazing.

Advertisement
Richt's offensive recruiting up to this point has been exactly that...OFFENSIVE. You all ***kers wanted him, now you get to enjoy failure after failure on the recruiting trail.

Go ahead and neg away. You're all repeating the same blind loyalty B.S. that has become commonplace amongst the new breed of Canes fans. Bunch of participation trophy fans. Dude has **** the bed badly, especially with WR's. No excuse that any of you can conjure up or make up can change that fact.

This^^^^

you criticize blind loyalty, then go into a butch davis slurp-fest. your "best in the business" hasn't accomplished anything noteworthy since the turn of the century. yeah, he put the best roster in history together... then promptly **** the bed against washington when he actually coached it, and bailed on the program after the season for the cleveland ******* browns.

Last edited:
Richt's offensive recruiting up to this point has been exactly that...OFFENSIVE. You all ***kers wanted him, now you get to enjoy failure after failure on the recruiting trail.

Go ahead and neg away. You're all repeating the same blind loyalty B.S. that has become commonplace amongst the new breed of Canes fans. Bunch of participation trophy fans. Dude has **** the bed badly, especially with WR's. No excuse that any of you can conjure up or make up can change that fact.

This^^^^

you criticize blind loyalty, then go into a butch davis slurp-fest. your "best in the business" hasn't accomplished anything noteworthy since the turn of the century. yeah, he put the best roster in history together... then promptly **** the bed against washington when he actually coached it, and bailed on the program after the season for the cleveland ****ing browns.

he lost to washington (dorsey had a rough game) then beat #1 fsu and #2 VA tech and would have crushed Oklahoma. Considering the OSU game was a robbery, he basically set us up for 3 NC's.

This^^^^

you criticize blind loyalty, then go into a butch davis slurp-fest. your "best in the business" hasn't accomplished anything noteworthy since the turn of the century. yeah, he put the best roster in history together... then promptly **** the bed against washington when he actually coached it, and bailed on the program after the season for the cleveland ****ing browns.

he lost to washington (dorsey had a rough game) then beat #1 fsu and #2 VA tech and would have crushed Oklahoma. Considering the OSU game was a robbery, he basically set us up for 3 NC's.

but he didn't, and we only have 2001 to show for it. hypotheticals don't count for ****. tom brady could have 6 rings if not for forrest gump manning and 2 amazing catches, or 2 if it wasn't for the tuck rule and malcolm butler. butch was an amazing recruiter and developed talent well, but he was mediocre at actually being a head coach. his record backs that up. a single outstanding season doesn't mean ****.

This^^^^

but he didn't, and we only have 2001 to show for it. hypotheticals don't count for ****. tom brady could have 6 rings if not for forrest gump manning and 2 amazing catches, or 2 if it wasn't for the tuck rule and malcolm butler. butch was an amazing recruiter and developed talent well, but he was mediocre at actually being a head coach. his record backs that up. a single outstanding season doesn't mean ****.

OSU was a robbery. they won back to back and the whole world knows it. was he a great gameday coach, not the best but Coker didnt win those titles. lol my friend was a D-linemen back then and said "Once butch left, Greg Mark was my head coach. the position coaches and players ran practice as coker walked around"

Advertisement

This^^^^

OSU was a robbery. they won back to back and the whole world knows it. was he a great gameday coach, not the best but Coker didnt win those titles. lol my friend was a D-linemen back then and said "Once butch left, Greg Mark was my head coach. the position coaches and players ran practice as coker walked around"

and butch davis wasn't the head coach for either of those teams. there's no guarantee that he wouldn't have found a way to **** up either of those seasons either. he left a stocked cupboard. that's it.

and butch davis wasn't the head coach for either of those teams. there's no guarantee that he wouldn't have found a way to **** up either of those seasons either. he left a stocked cupboard. that's it.

are you old enough to remember how bad the program was back then? top guys didnt want the job. butch had to figure out how to be a hc. believe me, i felt the offense was behind our defense because Coker sucked as an OC. however, butch did alot of good for this program. i think Richt will figure it out. we will be fine.

Can we at least wait until NSD?

If we close on our top targets, this will be a strong class.

Richt's seeming lack of urgency at WR (as if any of us really know whether or not the staff lacks urgency on this) can't be what it appears. I just have to think that he has something up his sleeve.

Advertisement
also, some of you need to check out Deejays highlights. that kid is going to be a wr.

hate to break it to people. i had two recruits tell me they think kaaya is not that good. one kid said "hes garbage. kid cant evne make a second read."

The **** does that have to do with recruiting? GTFO

they dont think he will lead them to playoff contention next year.

He won't be the QB next year

Well then I expect a 7 win season next year. The back up sucks and freshman QB's usually don't win big road games unless you have an offensive line like Bama does.

you think Johnson or Donaldson come here if Golden is here. They are both 5* talents. Idc if there ranking says 4 they are HIGHLY sought after.

Advertisement
Back