So Now Richt Sucks at Recruiting?

Just started a thread on Richt missing key targets.. Maybe it should be merged with this one.

1st year staff's usually get 1st year bump in recruiting. Where is it for this staff?

Players Targeted and Missed:

- Jerry Jeudy
- Shawn Davis
- Tre McKitty
- Jeremiah Holloman
- Devonta Smith (assuming)
- Alex Leatherwood
- Christopher Henderson
- Marco Wilson
- Daniel Wright
- Cyrus ***an

Thoughts?

I think you have an extra chromosome

Quote of the week!

Advertisement
This would never happen to Butch.

This^^^^

Don't waste your time, Archer. These dudes rather hate on the dude that put together the best team of all-time than to accept the fact that we were correct in not wanting Richt as our HC. Butch also recruited a lot of the players only our great Jimmy Johnson era teams. Best eye for talent in the business, no doubt.

As the Bible says, "A man reaps what he sows." Galatians 6:7

Our admin and BOT are reaping what they have sown.

Aye. He was the lead recruiter for Jimmy Johnson's teams. Butch took off on Thursdays under Jimmy to recruit.

These pups and retards that call themselves UM fans are so full of **** their eyes are brown.

This^^^^

Don't waste your time, Archer. These dudes rather hate on the dude that put together the best team of all-time than to accept the fact that we were correct in not wanting Richt as our HC. Butch also recruited a lot of the players only our great Jimmy Johnson era teams. Best eye for talent in the business, no doubt.

Aye. He was the lead recruiter for Jimmy Johnson's teams. Butch took off on Thursdays under Jimmy to recruit.

These pups and retards that call themselves UM fans are so full of **** their eyes are brown.

Butch has an unparalleled eye for talent.

Jeudy doesn't flip from Alabama as expected
Dingle decommits as expected
McKitty is probably going to FSU as expected

I missing anything?

You morons crack me up

Its the school

If he doesnt close **** is deeper than MR....uga aint missing a beat because they have there infrastructure still. Thats the only guess i have because u just dont go to miami and forget how to close. I think tho MR identifies talent better tho then the previous three staffs

Jeudy doesn't flip from Alabama as expected
Dingle decommits as expected
McKitty is probably going to FSU as expected

I missing anything?

You morons crack me up

Its the school

If he doesnt close **** is deeper than MR....uga aint missing a beat because they have there infrastructure still. Thats the only guess i have because u just dont go to miami and forget how to close. I think tho MR identifies talent better tho then the previous three staffs

half these kids already had 2-3 years of relationships with other staffs. look how malik young, deejay and other kids flipped to um to play with richt. the guy inherited a mess as far as our reputation.

Advertisement
hate to break it to people. i had two recruits tell me they think kaaya is not that good. one kid said "hes garbage. kid cant evne make a second read."

The **** does that have to do with recruiting? GTFO

they dont think he will lead them to playoff contention next year.

He won't be the QB next year

Well then I expect a 7 win season next year. The back up sucks and freshman QB's usually don't win big road games unless you have an offensive line like Bama does.

Home: GTech, VTech, UVA, Syracuse, Toledo, Notre Dame, some FCS team
Away: FSU, UNC, Pitt, Duke, Arky St

If we only win 7 against that slate, fold the program.

Akers will be a nightmare:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J22LQ7M22Pw[/video]
A RB should not automatically make anyone our daddy no matter how good. If that were the case, the same thing would have happened to a lot of teams who faced Fournette. Famous defensive coordinator quote: "if you're in the backfield, they can't even start."

DL > any RB

Doesn't matter, elite running backs still get their yards, no matter how good the DL is.

Leonard Fournette:

17 carries for 35 yards vs Alabama
12 carries for 40 yards vs Florida

I've never said Fournette is elite and I don't think he'll do much in the NFL. Too injury prone. To be elite you have to be durable. I love Duke Johnson and I think if he were more durable he would be considered elite. he got tired late in games, Cook does not, neither did the RB for Alabama who ran the ball 50 times a game last year and won the Heisman. Don't think Fournette has ever been invited. Cook got shafted, he should've been there and will be a top 10 pick if he comes out.

So you think Henry was elite but not Fournette?

That's crazy talk

Do first year recruiting bumps happen when your new coach is fired from his old job the previous year? I actually like the class he is bringing in outside of Dykstra but it is not like he chose to leave Georgia to come here. That could play a factor in it.

Smart is getting a first year bump because he's a new head coach and he chose to leave Bama. I'm not sure you'll see a huge bump in recruiting with a guy who just got fired.

smart is benefiting from 15 years of what richt built too. A kid like Holloman wants to stay home because he has seen 15 years of 10 wins seasons. a kid like Jeudy leaves because he saw 15 years of coker, shannon, and then golden and he wants to be the next amari or calvin ridley.

Advertisement

This^^^^

Respond to the facts at hand instead of throwing **** against the wall.

Butch didn't bring in elite talent until 4 years into his tenure and coached up 2 and 3 stars. The "diamonds in the rough" that no longer exist because ohh I don't know.....

THE INTERNET

This^^^^

Respond to the facts at hand instead of throwing **** against the wall.

Butch didn't bring in elite talent until 4 years into his tenure and coached up 2 and 3 stars. The "diamonds in the rough" that no longer exist because ohh I don't know.....

THE INTERNET

It's actually pretty silly using Butch Davis as a measure and then whining about the class ranking.

Davis might've snuck into top ten his last two years. Maybe. None of his other classes were top ten. It's the reason he is famous for spotting talent and developing it. Larry Coker? The opposite

And Richt's 2016 class, ranked about #21 , has 3 freshmen all Americans on it.

The eye for talent Butch had thing. It's true. But what an awful way to argue Richt can't recruit.

Advertisement

GTFO, Do you think any of this south florida divas can relate better or have any attraction to play someone as irrelevant as Davis? He has been as irrelevant as it come as long that he left Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inability to see your opinion disagreed with while not overreacting remains an internet sensation.

Everyone on planet college football knew WRs was an extreme position of need at Miami. That wasn't Richt's fault. What is his fault is not closing on a single one of his major targets and ******** around with MH's offer for an arrogantly long time. WR recruiting under Richt has been subpar, especially in this year. He's gotten one elite kid to come back who was already committed in Richards, and another potential star to stick and get into school. Otherwise its a big fat whiff after big fat whiff. If that can't be pointed out without people losing their minds then maybe it's pointless to draw attention to it.

Who has he "whiffed" on at the position besides Jeudy?

EVERYONE! TF??!!

So people are back on the we expect elite talent to come here in a blink of an eye train again haha My god let it play out and have it translate on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
So people are back on the we expect elite talent to come here in a blink of an eye train again haha My god let it play out and have it translate on the field.

Just started a thread on Richt missing key targets.. Maybe it should be merged with this one.

1st year staff's usually get 1st year bump in recruiting. Where is it for this staff?

Players Targeted and Missed:

- Jerry Jeudy
- Shawn Davis
- Tre McKitty
- Jeremiah Holloman
- Devonta Smith (assuming)
- Alex Leatherwood
- Christopher Henderson
- Marco Wilson
- Daniel Wright
- Cyrus ***an

Thoughts?

I think you have an extra chromosome

:reaction:

:sanford:

4 game losing streak took us out of national talk were a jag team right now

Yeap. That sure looked like so old crap to me, only with the O sucking instead of the D. Mark had huge chance to turn everything around but feel on his face against Noles. Heck I stopped watching after the second loss. You can make a case that FIU, FAU, and USF made bigger splash HC hires than us. Mark is starting to look like a girl look hot at a distance and got colder and colder with every step toward you.

Yes it would and it did.

The notion is didn't is laughably absurd. People act like Butch in 1995-1998 was pulling whoever he wanted. NOPE

So true.
Alot of the signees under Butch were Plan B and Plan C players as he lost alot of battles (including some who
were UM commits) to FU, fsu,Ohio State, NLame and even one kid to LaTech.

If someone wants to say the month of October affected us ya it did but please do not tell me Butch Davis was pulling in 5 stars on the regular. That's just fabricated beyond words.

His gameday coaching sucked **** too.

Lest we forget those ECU games.

Christ it's like everything prior to 2000 never happened.

I also recall in the 2002-2003 time frame, our recruiting wasn't as good as it should be for a winning team and I recall certain insiders claiming "kids want to go where they're not buried in the depth chart (i.e. Here)."

Advertisement
Back