So Now Richt Sucks at Recruiting?

Advertisement
smart hired great recruiters? Coley was our OC and couldnt really get any big dogs. his qb of fame was an overrated kid from cali that ucla, usc, washington, arizona, and arizona st had no interest in.

smart hired great recruiters? Coley was our OC and couldnt really get any big dogs. his qb of fame was an overrated kid from cali that ucla, usc, washington, arizona, and arizona st had no interest in.

Coley did a lot for us in recruiting, we would have some crappy classes if it wasnt for him, he was a horrible OC and he will probably just stick to recruiting

Advertisement
Its easy when the previous guy left a brand there, richt is still trying to fix all the BS golden did to the program, he struck out on some kids yea but this place was a mess after golden and we are still feeling it now even after a year removed

Meanwhile, Georgia just landed a 5*, top 5 OT in the country. Georgia is absolutely killing it in recruiting.

Adonis Thomas from JUCO, a former 4 star LB just committed to fsu. Look for a McKitty commit to come for fsu real soon per one of their cronies.

You know the worst part about all of this? The 5 star tackle they got was a Michigan lean by all accounts and one of the main reasons Michigan was slow playing Herbert......

Also to the one poster, Butch had highly rated classes at Miami. He never had the #1 class but he was reeling in Parade All Americans left and right. Sure he is famous for pulling diamonds in the rough but it's become insane hyperbole by fellow Canes fans to rationalize the mediocre recruiting of the last decade.

These fans are something else. They'd rather the coaches settle for "players that want to be here" than to go out and do their actual jobs, convince the best players in the country to commit to their program.

Confused as to why UGA is pulling in this type of class. They lost to UF, got blowed out by Ole ****, lost to Vandy, and almost lost to Nichols State.
They are getting that first year bump that this thread is all about. Now I do agree that Richt entered a ****** situation and has done pretty **** well outside that abortion of a 4 game stretch which is kicking us in the nuts right now. This program suffered to many blows and has been completely blown of kilter in terms of status. We are a tier 2 program right now, with tier 1 potential. The kids want to go here but haven't really been given a reason to. Randy and Al fvcked up that bad, not to mention the school really fumbled by not firing Al in 2014, that just cemented us a complete joke. Remember our start in 2013? We were 7-0 and recruiting was rocking but we **** the bed towards the end losing 4 of 6 by 18+. Since then we've been a joke through and through.

Now in terms of Richt, I think he is doing a great job all things considering, but its not enough. Lets see how he closes though. Getting the AH duo, Dean, Edwards, Harley and McFarland would help a ton. That would be the first strong close since Randy in 08. Still not elite but a sign of life. Now if this isn't fixed by next year, you can stick a fork in Richt and the program, we will never be elite again....

USC and ucla both offered kaaya in the same week on the first week of October during his senior year, what the **** are you talking about?

Its easy when the previous guy left a brand there, richt is still trying to fix all the BS golden did to the program, he struck out on some kids yea but this place was a mess after golden and we are still feeling it now even after a year removed

i agree. jeudy was like 3 years old last time we were good. he watched his idols cooper and ridley play at Bama. he watched teddy, eli, harris, and them boys stomp out miami. Im a huge butch guy but i think his recruiting class would be worse right now.

Advertisement

USC and ucla both offered kaaya in the same week on the first week of October during his senior year, what the **** are you talking about?

they barely recruited him. if they wanted him, they woul have been all over him

There's no doubt in my mind that Georgia kids grow up often times with dreams of playing for Georgia. There is a sense of loyalty there. The kids in South Florida are recruited to different high schools essentially. There isn't a sense in loyalty as much. Clearly when several elite prospects transfer to 3 or more high schools. I'm sure Smart also has given some $$$$ incentive$ as well.

Ga never used the $$$$ under Richt, and doubt if Smart has this year. He stepped in to a situation with the state loaded with 4 and 5 star kids this year. They probably will have the best Oline class in country this year, but he still has some incompetent coaches on that staff.

maxresdefault.jpg

Man I thought I recognized that lawn, who would've thought my alma mater would be on a canes board as a bad meme

Advertisement
All of that recruiting power and can't coach himself out of a paper bag. They will go 8-4 or worse next year with all that talent

Advertisement
Why are Butch's Bytches still on CIS. Shouldn't they be on The Freckled Panther now?

We're here because we're Canes fans.

UM is the one that screwed it up with Butch the first time, and didn't make the hire recently.

I didn't do it. UM did.

You must have missed all of our October games. Some of the most stubborn play calling I've seen since - oh - our last two coaches.

Why are Butch's Bytches still on CIS. Shouldn't they be on The Freckled Panther now?

UM is the one that screwed it up with Butch the first time, and didn't make the hire recently.

I didn't do it. UM did.

You must have missed all of our October games. Some of the most stubborn play calling I've seen since - oh - our last two coaches.

You're a Butch fan more than a UM fan. That mandates that you follow him to FIU. Either you follow him voluntarily, or I will be forced to excommunicate you from this fan base.

I didn't do it. UM did.

You're a Butch fan more than a UM fan. That mandates that you follow him to FIU. Either you follow him voluntarily, or I will be forced to excommunicate you from this fan base.

I was a UM fan two years before Schnellenberger was hired.

It's going to be difficult to excommunicate me with my foot broken off up urass - since that's where you talk from. Take a knee, Chise. You're trying too hard.

I didn't do it. UM did.

I was a UM fan two years before Schnellenberger was hired.

It's going to be difficult to excommunicate me with my foot broken off up urass - since that's where you talk from. Take a knee, Chise. You're trying too hard.

You can attempt violence against me, but it won't deter me from excommunicating you. You were a fan before Schnellenberger? I don't care. You're not a fan now. You've got 1 week to voluntarily relinquish any claims to being a UM fan. Clock starts now.

Advertisement
Back