sam brown (not injured)

Advertisement
Ok. That's fine. Should I ask you the question what makes you think he CAN be a #1? Do you think we have a #1 wr on the team at all? Who's the last true proven #1 that we've had? I'll wait. Thanks for the lecture though. Myself I'm not trying to prove a point. Don't take an opinion so personal.
I actually was going to ask you what is a #1 WR to you, since you going around talking about who’s a #1 and who’s not 😂

Advertisement
Ok. That's fine. Should I ask you the question what makes you think he CAN be a #1? Do you think we have a #1 wr on the team at all? Who's the last true proven #1 that we've had? I'll wait. Thanks for the lecture though. Myself I'm not trying to prove a point. Don't take an opinion so personal.
Restrepo? He's our #1 imo at least

Young has 3 catches for 21 yards through two games lol

Kid should have stayed loyal to the school who found him :pgdead:

Still rather have Brown at this point. You dont get 800+ yards with no QB playing the way he has the first couple games.

I actually was going to ask you what is a #1 WR to you, since you going around talking about who’s a #1 and who’s not 😂
For whatever reason you seem to wanna argue about this. All I'll say is a #1 wr is capable of executing on any given down and In any given route. If you think we have that, then do you. Me I'm done with this. Cause you're turning something real simple into something else entirely.

Mostly in general about the subject as a whole. in college Restrepo is a #1. pluck him out of Miami and drop him on any team in the country and he is going to be producing at a very high level. far as the ACC is concerned, Restrepo, Concepcion, and Ayomanor are the top dogs.

I’m just saying whether Sam brown can or can’t be a “true #1”, WR already have one
Great post

Advertisement
He has decent hands and seems to run decent routes but something is off. Seems to lose focus and effort wanes. I'd give him this Ball State game to get it together or else we give those reps to Jojo or someone else.
Funny thing is under Manny no one would notice

But the team (offensive starters especially) has been so locked in that it becomes glaring when you see something off

I think he will “fix it” (if that’s really an accurate phrase idk) and finish with a very good season but moreso because he doesn’t have a choice

Funny thing is under Manny no one would notice

But the team (offensive starters especially) has been so locked in that it becomes glaring when you see something off

I think he will “fix it” (if that’s really an accurate phrase idk) and finish with a very good season but moreso because he doesn’t have a choice
Too much competition for him to give less than 100 %. He needs to show it vs lesser competition cuz USF can score points. I'm glad we have 1 more week to work out any kinks.

He has decent hands and seems to run decent routes but something is off. Seems to lose focus and effort wanes. I'd give him this Ball State game to get it together or else we give those reps to Jojo or someone else.
Can “Jojo or someone else” block the way Sam is out there blocking?

Advertisement
Since Andre Johnson the list of Miami receivers to eclipse the 815 yards Brown had last season with no QB at Houston

Rambo
Restrepo
George
Richards
Dorsett
Hurns
Streeter
Hankerson

22 seasons, 8 players. Only one, Richards, was a freshman. Only George wasn't the #1 receiver on the team assuming that was Restrepo last season.

It's two games in and he's getting accustomed to a new team + the staff is still figuring out how he's best utilizes. Giving him less snaps so a freshman can have a .01 chance of doing what Brown has already done is silly.

Last edited:
Horton emerging a bit has me less worried about Sam Brown. I think he'll end up being fine...but perhaps we overestimated his immediate contribution. We'll see. Perfectly fine take and he's been ok - but definitely uninspiring play. Would rather see the youth get more snaps right now if I am being honest...but I think he'll have moments where we love him and hopefully finds his consistency soon.

Advertisement
How fast is this guy? Is he truly our lone deep ball threat?
??? This is a loaded WR roster ... Horton is fast ... 4.50 and even lower. Everybody can't play at the same time. JoJo, Ny Carr, those are LEGIT WR's than any team in the P2 would love to have. Horton is a big, fast, and becoming very reliable. Love it.

Advertisement
Back