sam brown (not injured)

I think I am taking the middle ground here. He still has plenty of games to show his value and his worth.

(That said, I do get salty when I see that kid at O$U look like a super star day one and kinda wish we had him on the roster instead of this guy. Not gonna lie.)

Was watching all these former qbs podcast review of Cam and ran into Kurt Benkert from UVA who has a fairly large youtube channel. He reviewed Cam and he is just going thru clips and casually like who is OC, I like this offense and then when Sam Brown dropped the deep ball he dropped comment like 21:19 mark "If he had a dog out there" "Miami is one jump ball guy away".. **** hurt man after seeing clips of our current generation Andre Johnson playing in ******* Ohio..

Advertisement
I’m still on the Brown Bandwagon. I’m not ready to give up on him. I believe he will finish the year as our 2nd best receiver in terms of number of catches and top 2 to 3 in terms of yards.

With that said, I understand those who want to see more from him.

I’m still on the Brown Bandwagon. I’m not ready to give up on him. I believe he will finish the year as our 2nd best receiver in terms of number of catches and top 2 to 3 in terms of yards.

With that said, I understand those who want to see more from him.
I also think there is a chance for this as well. Maybe become like Rambo who at the start of his season was not that consistent but by the end of the season was one of our best weapons in 2021.

the simple truth of the matter is that transfers are now college fb's version of free agency, and just like in nfl free agency, there are going to be swings and misses. our hit rate this year appears to be astoundingly high so far, so i won't be too broken up if we missed on brown. that said, it would certainly help if he's able to raise his game beyond what we've seen.

Advertisement
Horton shows promise though, he can be an Allen hurns type of receiver for Miami imo. He’s progressing and trending upwards
Absolutely. But that's my point. It's no knock on Allen or say. But that's a very good comp. Do you think Allen should've ever been a #1 for us if we're playing and recruiting how were supposed to? For me he's potentially a very good complimentary piece. But there's a long NFL career in his path if that's what he becomes. At his size he'll get all kinds of opportunities.

All I’m trying to say is that I’d rather have Colbie over Sam Brown lol. We still are getting 300+ passing yards but I do think Colbie would’ve produced more than Brown 🤷🏾‍♂️
I would've LOVED to see Colbie with Cam at QB. **** would've been a cheat code. But all the same while he had his flashes, he had allot of those same tendencies of playing lazy too offset with moments where he'd flat out go off. Makes you wonder if it was a mental thing due to his limitations with Tyler.

Absolutely. But that's my point. It's no knock on Allen or say. But that's a very good comp. Do you think Allen should've ever been a #1 for us if we're playing and recruiting how were supposed to? For me he's potentially a very good complimentary piece. But there's a long NFL career in his path if that's what he becomes. At his size he'll get all kinds of opportunities.
Sometimes a guy is a hard worker and really works on his craft. Horton is in that same mold and actually wants to be a good player. Hurns by the time his last year at miami and what he showed once he made it to the league shows he deserved to be a #1 even without the elite athleticism. I do Think Horton has a bigger frame and has the capability to be more explosive imo

Advertisement
Still adjusting to the team, school, transferring?

He only got here a couple months ago.

Maybe it will start to click as the season goes on.
For me that's giving him excuses that he shouldn't need. This is his money year! Can't have these kind of issues when he clearly does have the potential to dominate and be set for life. Many lifes at that. Effort doesn't take time to adjust to. You either have it or you don't. Hope he gets it through his head real quick. Cause to me it does seem like it's a mental thing only cause he didn't show that previously.

I disagree with that. What does a #1 WR have that he lack?
Brother I'm sorry but I don't wanna do that. I'm not trying to be disparaging towards him or make it seem like I'm down on him cause I'm not. I just feel like fans spend enough time trying to force their own vision onto a kid and the problem with that is simply we may not appreciate him for what he is.

Horton seems very much improved, but he’s also our #2 on the scramble drill imo. When Cam leaves the pocket, Horton seems very good at coming back to the ball and adjusting his route on the fly.

I honestly don’t think Brown has looked bad, just ok so far. He dropped that bomb yesterday but it was under thrown, hit him in stride and we’re not talking about this. He’s our #2 blocking WR too, I’d give it time.

He’s looked better than George who’s looking to pick fights every game still. You take away the TD vs UF, George has 4 catches for like 23 yards in two games. Even with the TD, Brown still has more receiving yards this season and looks much smoother on those quick bubbles we run with both guys. There’s a reason they’re trying to get him the ball.

We will need him if we plan on making a run into the CFP.
While I like showing jacobi we have a plan in place for his ****ery, we clearly have taken this approach and gave Jacobis targets to Brown instead. Can't really compare their production right now because targets are nowhere close.

Advertisement
Brother I'm sorry but I don't wanna do that. I'm not trying to be disparaging towards him or make it seem like I'm down on him cause I'm not. I just feel like fans spend enough time trying to force their own vision onto a kid and the problem with that is simply we may not appreciate him for what he is.
Lol that’s exactly what you’re doing saying he cannot be a #1.. forcing your own vision. . He’s not Jeremiah Smith, but you don’t have to be that to be a #1 WR IN COLLEGE! or in the league even.

Lol that’s exactly what you’re doing saying he cannot be a #1.. forcing your own vision. . He’s not Jeremiah Smith, but you don’t have to be that to be a #1 WR IN COLLEGE! or in the league even.
Ok. That's fine. Should I ask you the question what makes you think he CAN be a #1? Do you think we have a #1 wr on the team at all? Who's the last true proven #1 that we've had? I'll wait. Thanks for the lecture though. Myself I'm not trying to prove a point. Don't take an opinion so personal.

Ok. That's fine. Should I ask you the question what makes you think he CAN be a #1? Do you think we have a #1 wr on the team at all? Who's the last true proven #1 that we've had? I'll wait. Thanks for the lecture though. Myself I'm not trying to prove a point. Don't take an opinion so personal.
In my opinion, Rambo was the last true #1.

Before him, AR.

Before AR, you might have to go all the way back to Hankerson. We’ve really been struggling to obtain ELITE WR play since the early 2000s.

Advertisement
I get people typically refer ONLY to prototypical X wrs as "true #1" WRs, but it's just not the reality in todays football or the only way to skin a cat. I mean people care about pure size waay too much. Like Tyreek Hill, Ceedee Lamb, Mike Evans are entirely different type of WRs, and all absolutely #1 WRs.

There are only so many Jamarr Chase/Justin Jefferson/AJ Browns who are viewed as the "do everything" kinda guys. Would anyone not call Amon Ra St. Brown a #1 WR? Cooper Kupp? Yet both those two have outproduced Chase and Browns best seasons.... Jeffersons 22 was better than Saints 23... But none come close to Kupps 21 season...

We have a true proven #1 WR, it's Restrepo.

I get people typically refer ONLY to prototypical X wrs as "true #1" WRs, but it's just not the reality in todays football or the only way to skin a cat. I mean people care about pure size waay too much. Like Tyreek Hill, Ceedee Lamb, Mike Evans are entirely different type of WRs, and all absolutely #1 WRs.

There are only so many Jamarr Chase/Justin Jefferson/AJ Browns who are viewed as the "do everything" kinda guys. Would anyone not call Amon Ra St. Brown a #1 WR? Cooper Kupp? Yet both those two have outproduced Chase and Browns best seasons.... Jeffersons 22 was better than Saints 23... But none come close to Kupps 21 season...

We have a true proven #1 WR, it's Restrepo.
Are you saying that to me because you think I'm saying this because of size factoring into the equation? Santana was a #1, Reggie was a #1. Size has nothing to do with the equation.

Are you saying that to me because you think I'm saying this because of size factoring into the equation? Santana was a #1, Reggie was a #1. Size has nothing to do with the equation.
Mostly in general about the subject as a whole. in college Restrepo is a #1. pluck him out of Miami and drop him on any team in the country and he is going to be producing at a very high level. far as the ACC is concerned, Restrepo, Concepcion, and Ayomanor are the top dogs.

I’m just saying whether Sam brown can or can’t be a “true #1”, WR already have one

Advertisement
Back