sam brown (not injured)

In 1997 Barry Sanders had 53 rushing yards through 2 weeks. Then he had 14 straight 100+ yard games and finished that magical season with 2053 yards rushing. 26.5 yards per game in his first 2 games, 142.8 yards per game the next 14.

Point is, we have all seen great players look like *** for 2 or 3 games and then go off the rest of a season. Especially at the skill positions. I like to wait a few more games before deciding who has "it" and who doesn't.
Thank you Larry.

Advertisement
Definitely something seems off as far as him putting it all together but it's still early. He's shown solid hands & route running, Horton just happens to be starting stronger and putting pressure on him. If Brown is outplayed by Horton again during Ball State game it wouldn't be shocking to see Horton start vs USF.

Horton should be starting over this guy. Especially because next year JG and X are gone. You need a productive #1 WR returning to entice a QB in the portal next year. Horton would be that guy next year since he will likely put up 800 yards this year.
Brown still has another year

Advertisement
All I’m trying to say is that I’d rather have Colbie over Sam Brown lol. We still are getting 300+ passing yards but I do think Colbie would’ve produced more than Brown 🤷🏾‍♂️
I get you and its all good but to me that's needless nitpicking and how many times did Colbie Young just disappear last year? I'm just so happy the way Cam is running the offense. I'm sure Sam will get untracked here soon.

Can underthrew it by a lot. But that's one very small sample. Honestly other than the fact he didn't have the concentration to come down with a ball that was right in his hands he should have caught regardless of anything, his effort has been horrible, his concentration has been horrible. The dude looks like he's just not engaged. And it wasn't just today It was even more so last week. When you look at his film previously this wasn't him. So it confuses me what's going on with buddy.
Maybe he's still thinking too much out there. Maybe Kosi came into town and dropped the hammer on his girl. Could be anything. Hope he gets it together soon. I saw a different guy on film last year.

@Calinative

Like I’ve been saying
👇

Elijah Badgher > Sam Brown
Gator lover!!!
half baked boo GIF

Can underthrew it by a lot. But that's one very small sample. Honestly other than the fact he didn't have the concentration to come down with a ball that was right in his hands he should have caught regardless of anything, his effort has been horrible, his concentration has been horrible. The dude looks like he's just not engaged. And it wasn't just today It was even more so last week. When you look at his film previously this wasn't him. So it confuses me what's going on with buddy.

Still adjusting to the team, school, transferring?

He only got here a couple months ago.

Maybe it will start to click as the season goes on.

Advertisement
I remember Colbie Young having a bad game against Bethune last year..it’s still early for Sam Brown and I’m not writing him off yet
i'm not writing him off ... i am saying that the picture that was painted about him does not match reality ... nfl talent jumps off the screen (ward, baron, bain, x) ... in his opportunities, he has talent, but not 2nd round talent, that being said, it's early

Advertisement
Horton seems very much improved, but he’s also our #2 on the scramble drill imo. When Cam leaves the pocket, Horton seems very good at coming back to the ball and adjusting his route on the fly.

I honestly don’t think Brown has looked bad, just ok so far. He dropped that bomb yesterday but it was under thrown, hit him in stride and we’re not talking about this. He’s our #2 blocking WR too, I’d give it time.

He’s looked better than George who’s looking to pick fights every game still. You take away the TD vs UF, George has 4 catches for like 23 yards in two games. Even with the TD, Brown still has more receiving yards this season and looks much smoother on those quick bubbles we run with both guys. There’s a reason they’re trying to get him the ball.

We will need him if we plan on making a run into the CFP.

One thing that impressed me in the Florida game is that a player on offense here could easily lose focus

One ball and lots of weapons

Cam already showed you better have your head on a swivel every single play and last week guys like Arroyo, Jacolby, Horton etc made some tough plays that they could have easily been lagging on not thinking the ball was coming their way

Not saying that’s what Sam is doing but a WR on this offense better be ready at all times

i said the same thing last week. too casual, too nonchalant. did the NIL go to his head?

Advertisement
Horton seems very much improved, but he’s also our #2 on the scramble drill imo. When Cam leaves the pocket, Horton seems very good at coming back to the ball and adjusting his route on the fly.

I honestly don’t think Brown has looked bad, just ok so far. He dropped that bomb yesterday but it was under thrown, hit him in stride and we’re not talking about this. He’s our #2 blocking WR too, I’d give it time.

He’s looked better than George who’s looking to pick fights every game still. You take away the TD vs UF, George has 4 catches for like 23 yards in two games. Even with the TD, Brown still has more receiving yards this season and looks much smoother on those quick bubbles we run with both guys. There’s a reason they’re trying to get him the ball.

We will need him if we plan on making a run into the CFP.
Agree. Brown is not Horton insurance, he’s George insurance.

Cause of 1 catch?
Because Badgher was the better pickup. He was the better player before the season started and the first two games are a continuation of that. And as I believe I already stated, the NFL Draft will ultimately show this.

Advertisement
Back