sam brown (not injured)

??? This is a loaded WR roster ... Horton is fast ... 4.50 and even lower. Everybody can't play at the same time. JoJo, Ny Carr, those are LEGIT WR's than any team in the P2 would love to have. Horton is a big, fast, and becoming very reliable. Love it.
Ny Carr is WR7 and our fans still talking about Colbie Young…

Advertisement
Was expecting more from brown.. Horton seems to have brought a better product to the field opposite of X this season.

Won’t hurt me knowing brown got a nice NIL to come but if he can’t pick it up I’d start looking at rotating JoJo, Carr, Chance or RayRay with reps

For whatever reason you seem to wanna argue about this. All I'll say is a #1 wr is capable of executing on any given down and In any given route. If you think we have that, then do you. Me I'm done with this. Cause you're turning something real simple into something else entirely.
I’m not arguing, I just simply asked you a question, sir.

I’m not arguing, I just simply asked you a question, sir.
No need for the sir. However I've answered this question several times that it's being taken out of context and wasn't even said as a negative. There's nothing at all wrong with not being a #1. All it ever comes down to is knowing your players and knowing what position you can put them each into so we can all succeed. Again I'm not taking a shot at him or anyone else. But this is what everyone continues to do to kids and then when they don't live up to a standard that a fan set that was never practical to them they then call them jags or whatever else. It's not fair to them. I don't feel we have any true #1 wr. Does that mean I'm taking a shot at x when he's clearly out most successful wr in the unit? Is he still that dominant wr when we expand his route tree exponentially or should we just be more than happy that we ask him to run between 4-6 routes per game and he can get off on any of them. That's not saying he's not capable of expanding his route tree. Simply that we don't feel as confident outside of that.

All I’m trying to say is that I’d rather have Colbie over Sam Brown lol. We still are getting 300+ passing yards but I do think Colbie would’ve produced more than Brown 🤷🏾‍♂️
Speaking of Colbie, he only has 3 catches and 21 yards in 2 games so far at UGA...

however 2 of those 3 catches were TDs

Advertisement
Horton seems very much improved, but he’s also our #2 on the scramble drill imo. When Cam leaves the pocket, Horton seems very good at coming back to the ball and adjusting his route on the fly.

I honestly don’t think Brown has looked bad, just ok so far. He dropped that bomb yesterday but it was under thrown, hit him in stride and we’re not talking about this. He’s our #2 blocking WR too, I’d give it time.

He’s looked better than George who’s looking to pick fights every game still. You take away the TD vs UF, George has 4 catches for like 23 yards in two games. Even with the TD, Brown still has more receiving yards this season and looks much smoother on those quick bubbles we run with both guys. There’s a reason they’re trying to get him the ball.

We will need him if we plan on making a run into the CFP.
in the thread of my review of film last year (sounds like i know what i'm talking about), i concluded that George is our best receiver. i still agree with this. he has been double teamed most of the time this year and thus his targets have been limited. i also think some of the plays that will get him open are not being run. let's wait out the year and see where this ends.

Advertisement
The game has a funny way of sorting this kind of thing out. WR might be our deepest room. Weird to say.
It's deep but how many of those wrs thus far has flashed star potential. Any one in here watch other teams wrs making plays every week? Look at kids like Ryan Williams. Seems like every time he touches the ball its an explosive play.

This wr core regardless of how much of the playbook has been run seems to be very average. They catch the ball....that's their strength. I don't see separation from coverage. I see Cam holding the ball waiting for some one to get open then extending the play longer because no one is uncovering quickly. I don't see a home run hitter or any one that's an explosive play waiting to happen.

It's deep but how many of those wrs thus far has flashed star potential. Any one in here watch other teams wrs making plays every week? Look at kids like Ryan Williams. Seems like every time he touches the ball its an explosive play.

This wr core regardless of how much of the playbook has been run seems to be very average. They catch the ball....that's their strength. I don't see separation from coverage. I see Cam holding the ball waiting for some one to get open then extending the play longer because no one is uncovering quickly. I don't see a home run hitter or any one that's an explosive play waiting to happen.
Well george our deep threat isn’t healthy all the way. Remember that deep ball he caught vs unc where he tracked the ball perfectly? And also brown seems to be dealing with confidence issues or it appears he is. We will be fine, enough plays are being made

We don't have a Jeremiah SmiFf. True enough.. but calling the WR core average is a stretch IMO. It is a very deep, productive two-deep. Just not top heavy.. and that's ok.

Cam holds the ball bc that's his weakness (my opinion). He takes a bit to go through progressions. His footwork/pocket presence helps with this process but I don't think his sack/fumble history is all on his former OL/skilled positions.

Miami isn't elite yet.. but they are getting closer.

Advertisement
We don't have a Jeremiah SmiFf. True enough.. but calling the WR core average is a stretch IMO. It is a very deep, productive two-deep. Just not top heavy.. and that's ok.

Cam holds the ball bc that's his weakness (my opinion). He takes a bit to go through progressions. His footwork/pocket presence helps with this process but I don't think his sack/fumble history is all on his former OL/skilled positions.

Miami isn't elite yet.. but they are getting closer.
Not saying Smith won’t be a great receiver but pretty sure we have a few guys that can get 200 yards and 3 TDs against Western Michigan and Akron

Anyone claiming our receiver group is average isn’t even worth acknowledging

Not saying Smith won’t be a great receiver but pretty sure we have a few guys that can get 200 yards and 3 TDs against Western Michigan and Akron

Anyone claiming our receiver group is average isn’t even worth acknowledging
I think he’s saying we don’t have an elite guy (X gets unfairly lumped in with slot guys). Fine. We might not have a guy who is uncoverable but as a unit, we’re pretty well-rounded.

Smith is elite mane. Just let it be.

I think he’s saying we don’t have an elite guy (X gets unfairly lumped in with slot guys). Fine. We might not have a guy who is uncoverable but as a unit, we’re pretty well-rounded.

Smith is elite mane. Just let it be.
I gotta tell ya

The way our fans fall all over themselves to suck off other teams players, while simultaneously creating things to complain about with ours is a level of weird I’m not gonna support

So no, I will not be letting it be

Advertisement
It’s a good problem to have. Sam Brown looks even with Horton, Martinez looks even with Fletcher. We got a staple at skill positions we haven’t had in some time. Think the biggest key to our success will be Elijah’s health. He’s a man child at TE and not a single lie was told about him this offseason. Mismatch nightmare

Well george our deep threat isn’t healthy all the way. Remember that deep ball he caught vs unc where he tracked the ball perfectly? And also brown seems to be dealing with confidence issues or it appears he is. We will be fine, enough plays are being made

I’m about to channel my boy @Rellyrell here because I can’t take this stuff from our fans seriously

It’s our fans getting in their feels about players and refusing to let go

So by all accounts here in 2023:

TVD = trash
Dawson = mid
Emory Williams = not G5 level

Yet Jacolby George managed to somehow to go for:

375 yards and 6 TDs combined against FSU, A&M, and UNC

But we spent the offseason listening to people trash him because he got ****ed off about us sucking so badly a few times?

In comes Jeremiah Smith and drops a few TDs on Akron and he’s “elite”?

What if Smith went for those numbers? With that bum offense we had? We would have an entire sub forum for him by now

The point isn’t whether someone is elite or not, but the willingness to gloss over certain facts to keep pushing a narrative makes me wanna vomit

IMG_6878.gif

our WR are good
to above avg
likely all ACC level at best
but lets not try to kid ourselves that we have a truly game changer at WR
was hoping that brown was that dude
but it seems like I was wrong
i drank the koolaid hoping he would be that missing piece
but wish we had been able to land stewart from AM last year

His body control really is something.

Excited to see him and Ward starting to cook

Advertisement
Back