our WR are good
to above avg
likely all ACC level at best
but lets not try to kid ourselves that we have a truly game changer at WR
was hoping that brown was that dude
but it seems like I was wrong
i drank the koolaid hoping he would be that missing piece
but wish we had been able to land stewart from AM last year
Is it because X is short? Is that why we refuse to call him a game changer?

Because he literally changes the game all the time

Advertisement

I don't think this board will rest until someone turns into Jamar Chase.

Two 800 yard receivers really haven't even done anything yet. Once everyones cooking (They will), we might have the deepest WR room in the country.

I trust Stevo when he says he's not worried at all about Brown because he's seen him just blow up practices before.

The head scratching thing about some of these fans and Brown is that HE'S ALREADY DONE IT. This isnt a greentree All-American, hes one of the few 800+ yard receivers we've had the last three decades.

I don't think this board will rest until someone turns into Jamar Chase.

Two 800 yard receivers really haven't even done anything yet. Once everyones cooking (They will), we might have the deepest WR room in the country.

I trust Stevo when he says he's not worried at all about Brown because he's seen him just blow up practices before.

The head scratching thing about some of these fans and Brown is that HE'S ALREADY DONE IT. This isnt a greentree All-American, hes one of the few 800+ yard receivers we've had the last three decades.
I know I’m screaming at the ocean when it comes to certain people and it will never get a resolution

It’s why we see our fans change their feelings after the player leaves and they look back or see them in the NFL and go “oh wow maybe he was good”

I feel the same about Brown. I think it’s more glaring right now because our offense has been mostly locked in. Which is cool. In the past it was an entire team of little mental things adding up

I’m bullish on him and think he has some big games when it gets tougher on the schedule

no hes a very good college WR
like hunter renfro
or a college version of julian edelman
catches alot of balls keeps the ball moving

but i cant say any miami receiver has been elite since A Johnson

Advertisement
no hes a very good college WR
like hunter renfro
or a college version of julian edelman
catches alot of balls keeps the ball moving

but i cant say any miami receiver has been elite since A Johnson
So it’s more about measurables than production

Fair enough

So it’s more about measurables than production

Fair enough
i think you can be productive but that doesnt make you elite
look at tim tebow
he was extremely productive but in no way is he elite
in my opinion to be elite you have to hold your breath every time they touch it bc they are one move away from housing it
we havent had an offensive player like that in a long time

look at tim tebow
in my opinion to be elite you have to hold your breath every time they touch it bc they are one move away from housing it
So a guy that almost won back to back heismans and won a national championship isn’t elite? Because he doesn’t have Jamarcus Russell’s arm?

Well alrighty like I said fair enough

Advertisement
Brown looked fine when he made a diving catch to extend our second TD drive, and is a **** hair away from having a couple TDs. Definitely not elite but also not Osama Bin-Laden.

look at tim tebow
So Tim Tebow was not an elite college football player???
I mean, I am personally not a fan of him, the gator or his pure arm talent but even I can admit he was a complete game changer at the college level.

So Tim Tebow was not an elite college football player???
I mean, I am personally not a fan of him, the gator or his pure arm talent but even I can admit he was a complete game changer at the college level.
Yeah I won’t even begin to complement him further but Cam Ward gives me that energy of Tebow taking a loss so personally

You know without all the creepy parts

We’ve been led by cheeseburger and snickers energy for so long at QB we need that guy that takes it that seriously

Yeah I won’t even begin to complement him further but Cam Ward gives me that energy of Tebow taking a loss so personally

You know without all the creepy parts

We’ve been led by cheeseburger and snickers energy for so long at QB we need that guy that takes it that seriously

What was the deal with Morris and the Snickers again...

He was just munchin' a snickers saying whatever after a loss?

Advertisement

I’m still having flashbacks of Malik Rosier admitting he didn’t really play hard against Pitt with our undefeated season rolling

So a guy that almost won back to back heismans and won a national championship isn’t elite? Because he doesn’t have Jamarcus Russell’s arm?

Well alrighty like I said fair enough
yea i would never say tebow is an elite qb

Advertisement
our WR are good to above avg likely all ACC level at best but lets not try to kid ourselves that we have a truly game changer at WR was hoping that brown was that dude
We don't need Day 1 guys to be really successful. Give me a roster full of X's and you can keep your O's. (I don't care that statement doesn't make sense. It sounded hard. Long live Restrepo.)

We don't need Day 1 guys to be really successful. Give me a roster full of X's and you can keep your O's. (I don't care that statement doesn't make sense. It sounded hard. Long live Restrepo.)
exactly thats my point
you can be productive in college and win alot of games without being elite
i guess my point is that we crown too many ppl elite
elite to me would be maybe 1 or 2 a year in college foot ball at their respective positions

exactly thats my point
you can be productive in college and win alot of games without being elite
i guess my point is that we crown too many ppl elite
elite to me would be maybe 1 or 2 a year in college foot ball at their respective positions
Yeah we agree. Day 1 guys or Heisman type numbers.

I do think there is an outlier category for guys like X. Elite value. Might not show up at the draft & sometimes not on stat sheet but it's there (and invaluable).

Had to pull it back up... Feels good to have a leader that gives a ****

Advertisement
Back