Real Talk...A Bitter Pill

Is it too much to ask for someone on the team to show a little anger after a humiliating loss?
Everyone has the same company line…"we'll get it fixed, we need to do better", really, what a revelation.
There seems to be a complacency in the program from the top down, no, you don't need to be a raving lunatic, but at least make me think you give a ****.

I really wanted to drive my car off the turnpike last night listening to Morris' interview after the game.

I have a better idea: play with anger and coach with anger. If you do that, you won't have to show anger in the post game post mortem.

Advertisement
I've heard that this defense is modeled after Bill Belichick's defense. In case you haven't watched the Pats' defenses for the past several years, they have sucked balls. Those are the last defenses I would emulate.

I've heard that this defense is modeled after Bill Belichick's defense. In case you haven't watched the Pats' defenses for the past several years, they have sucked balls. Those are the last defenses I would emulate.

They've actually been pretty good this year.

8th in scoring D.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with our O that a good OL Coach couldn't fix. We play in the ACC - one of the softest bcs conferences in cfb.

This team has too much talent on the offense to be struggling to find a 1st down, and has enough talent on defense to not get beat by the same play over, and over.

I am not saying that this is a National Championship team, but it is a team, that should be defensively. Putting a stop to GT/UNC/WF/VT, and offensively taken them teams out of contention easily.

We're not really as talented as you think. We have some WRs who might be somewhat better than average, except for Coley. Very average RBs, and an overrated OL, that is too slow to run wide (as are our RBs).

Golden is a great recruiter?

This is the University of Miami we will always get recruits. That is never a concern to me. We have had some nice recruiting classes for 10 plus years.

Advertisement
This team has too much talent on the offense to be struggling to find a 1st down, and has enough talent on defense to not get beat by the same play over, and over.

I am not saying that this is a National Championship team, but it is a team, that should be defensively. Putting a stop to GT/UNC/WF/VT, and offensively taken them teams out of contention easily.

We're not really as talented as you think. We have some WRs who might be somewhat better than average, except for Coley. Very average RBs, and an overrated OL, that is too slow to run wide (as are our RBs).

We've got talent on this offense. **** comes down to play calling, and execution. Play calling is so predictable, and you don't ask a RB with no speed to run wide. You keep their *** going straight forward. You mix in some crossing routes. Instead of outs, and deep passes every play. This offense has no identity, other than being so obvious. Again, there is talent on this offense. You don't have as many big plays as we do. With no talent. It's the plays in between those. That we need to get ironed out.

These guys need to be put in a position to succeed, and they need to trust whats going on.

Same goes for the defense. They may not have all the talent in the world on that side of the ball, but given a scheme that works. Them dudes could be doing 100 times better than what they are.

The constant lateral runs with a slow RB against a fast penetrating defense had me ready to kill someone. And forget about the defense. It's too far gone to even bother talking about.

Great post.

When Al got the job I remember Temple fans having high praise for Al but the one knock was gameday coaching. Very suspect in game strategy and adjustments.
He's a deer in the headlights on gameday complete with the Nathan Thurm flop sweats.

I don't need Al to be a great game day Xs and Os guy. What I expect is for him to surround himself with smart, aggressive thinkers...not retreads that mimic the lame defense he wants to run. If Al can't see that his philosophy on defense is not a winning one, we'll never be relevant at the top. The minute he he employs a more aggressive style on offense and defense is when we start winning.

I fear, though, that we'll never get there because he'll claim that "we need to let the process work."

I think Golden is a great organizer and communicator and everyone got caught up in that after years of Coker and Shannon. I can't say that I think he's a great recruiter, even with the NCAA mess hanging over his head. He's missed out on too many positions of need. The biggest problem I have is that it seems that coaches at UM can't get decent coordinators and assistants. I see Jimbo and FSU get really good assistants and can't understand why UM can't do the same. Maybe it's the money or lack thereof?

Chise,

That was my exact comparison, worst game since that closing of the OB debacle against ******. This is a sh#t show that will continue to play for however long Golden decides to stay. He's a slick talker, great salesman, great CEO but lousy on gameday. Responding this way after getting your back blown out in Tally tells me this program will never reach the heights it can by virtue of the gang that can't coach straight on the sideline. I don't know **** about football schemes like many here do and even my uninformed *** can see this is a **** show.

Advertisement
Besides the bs defense, I'm most ****ed about the mental makeup of the team. A team reflects its coach, and we look like a bunch of classy pussies out their. The Morris comments made me wana go be a fan for another team. Sick of the miami boys scouts. Where's the heart? Where's the soul? That's what made me fall in love with this team years ago. Why can't a coach with a degree in psychology have our players ****ed about losing and playing with a ****ing edge? Year 3 and we have no leadership. Jimmy johnson would have made Eddie Johnson a freaking leader. Tie throws him off the team. Smh. Lose the ****ing tie, stop blowing the other team in the interviews, stop telling ur team it's ok that u lost and that u suck, and stop being a ****ing ****. This team and coaching staff needs a large boost of testosterone.

Look at a warrior like Deon Bush. He came in a fearless tough athletic playmaking freak. Al must have told the doctor to castrate him during that hernia surgery because he looks like a lifeless robot out there now. He's morphing into Kacey Rodgers before our eyes.

Dont listen to Franchise, he is a fringe fan. Isnt that exactly what he said about me all those times I dared to question Al and his ability to coach. I saw this a long time ago. You're welcome.

Dont listen to Franchise, he is a fringe fan. Isnt that exactly what he said about me all those times I dared to question Al and his ability to coach. I saw this a long time ago. You're welcome.

That's alright. He made a thread with a long post. It's all better now. He know's about football again.

I don't even like making posts like this. But it's hilarious to me that someone who so ardently supported a guy ("The Don") and bashed people who didn't is now making threads like this. He'll deflect when he reads this post and make some cute retort, calling me an even cuter name.

Advertisement
Great post franchise. This game hurt a lot more than last week because it just showed what the future holds under Golden and this staff.

Terrible, awful gameday staff. No preparation whatso****ing ever, and the adjustments are even worse
It was the most disgusting disheartening **** I've seen in a long time. It was totally inexcusable on any level, and I'll never forget it or forgive it. We flopped like total pvssies in the biggest game of his tenure and I don't even think it mattered that much to the majority of the team. Do think a guy like Bob Petrino would still be fielding a piece of **** team like we saw last night after 3 years here?

We do not get any pressure and do not cover anyone. I've never seen anything like it. It cannot be the players.

It's not. They're not the greatest collection of players in history, but there's no excuse for that **** we extruded last night.

Is it too much to ask for someone on the team to show a little anger after a humiliating loss?
Everyone has the same company line…"we'll get it fixed, we need to do better", really, what a revelation.
There seems to be a complacency in the program from the top down, no, you don't need to be a raving lunatic, but at least make me think you give a ****.

I really wanted to drive my car off the turnpike last night listening to Morris' interview after the game.

Teams play and act like they're coached. The fa.ggotry you're witnessing is a result off the leadership.

Advertisement
I think Golden is a great organizer and communicator and everyone got caught up in that after years of Coker and Shannon. I can't say that I think he's a great recruiter, even with the NCAA mess hanging over his head. He's missed out on too many positions of need. The biggest problem I have is that it seems that coaches at UM can't get decent coordinators and assistants. I see Jimbo and FSU get really good assistants and can't understand why UM can't do the same. Maybe it's the money or lack thereof?

We just stole FSU's OC. Now I am not ready to make a decision on Coley either way, but money was not an issue there. On Defense, he took his previous coach who is one of his best friends, so we have no idea whether he would have the money he needs to get a good DC.

We just stole FSU's OC. Now I am not ready to make a decision on Coley either way, but money was not an issue there. On Defense, he took his previous coach who is one of his best friends, so we have no idea whether he would have the money he needs to get a good DC.
We stole FSU's OC? You mean the guy who wasn't allowed to call plays? All of my FSU friends were ecstatic the minute we took Coley off the staff.

Great post franchise. This game hurt a lot more than last week because it just showed what the future holds under Golden and this staff.

Terrible, awful gameday staff. No preparation whatso****ing ever, and the adjustments are even worse
It was the most disgusting disheartening **** I've seen in a long time. It was totally inexcusable on any level, and I'll never forget it or forgive it. We flopped like total pvssies in the biggest game of his tenure and I don't even think it mattered that much to the majority of the team. Do think a guy like Bob Petrino would still be fielding a piece of **** team like we saw last night after 3 years here?

Petrino would have our bipolar QB in the heisman race

Advertisement
Back