Real Talk...A Bitter Pill

Advertisement
I still can't get it through my head that they can't see what they're doing is currently failing.

I mean our defense is one giant statistical outlier in several catagories. They can't be stupid enough to keep going to the well again and again with this ****, they just can't. Right? These are smart guys. Right?

Ole Al lost anyone with a brain tonight, and it will take something special. To take that doubt away.

Fisch got the **** out of dodge while he had the chance.

Golden found himself the puppet he wanted as the OC.

Franchise is ON TARGET again. I hate to say it, but see another post about what Whitlock said 3 years ago, we will win 9 or 10 games a year because of where we recruit, but Al doesn't have the vision or the flexibility to win the Big One.
If you are satisfied going to the toilet bowl every year, then, by all means, Al is your guy.

Yep. I can see him winning 9 games a year and occasionally being in the mix for the Coastal just because of our fertile recruiting area and or relatively weak conference.

He's not an awful gameday coach. I think he uses timeouts well and manages close games pretty well.

He just has an awful defensive philosophy that better change soon. He seems scared of opponents & coaches.
I don't think it's coach talk either when he drools over other coaches in the conference. This guy is scared ****less and his schemes and defensive philosophies show that.

No one here is saying... omg we need to blitz (as if that has even worked). But this 2 gap, soft zone crap is without a doubt an awful scheme that will undoubtedly lose the players' trust in him (if it hasn't already).

Luther Robinson was ****ed from day 1 because he's a 1 gap DT being asked to play 2 gap BS. He even made a play once (against Ohio St maybe?) where he broke through and forced a fumble. Come to find out he didn't actually DO his job on that play. He's supposed to engage and play his gap.

This is why he and his father were pretty upset. They aren't fans of this scheme. And can you blame em?
As I posted in another thread golden is a chicken **** and it's in his DNA. He can't help but want to be the good guy so he lets GT and USF score to make the game closer. He has no edge to him. He's a good nice guy that is scared of a tough schedule (hence why he turned down the LSU game) and his defense reflects his chicken **** DNA. A softer defense you will not see in football. He's brought his chicken **** mentality to Miami and it reflects on him and the players. How many times have our players been hit after the play? How many times has anyone reacted other than to complain to the ref. Soft coach = soft players (with the exception of duke)

Advertisement
He's not an awful gameday coach. I think he uses timeouts well and manages close games pretty well.

He just has an awful defensive philosophy that better change soon. He seems scared of opponents & coaches.
I don't think it's coach talk either when he drools over other coaches in the conference. This guy is scared ****less and his schemes and defensive philosophies show that.

No one here is saying... omg we need to blitz (as if that has even worked). But this 2 gap, soft zone crap is without a doubt an awful scheme that will undoubtedly lose the players' trust in him (if it hasn't already).

Luther Robinson was ****ed from day 1 because he's a 1 gap DT being asked to play 2 gap BS. He even made a play once (against Ohio St maybe?) where he broke through and forced a fumble. Come to find out he didn't actually DO his job on that play. He's supposed to engage and play his gap.

This is why he and his father were pretty upset. They aren't fans of this scheme. And can you blame em?

This...

When Golden was first hired I thought to myself, this guy looks like a really good recruiter, organizer and foundation builder but he needs to surround himself with great assistants. He has not.

You guys called him "The Don", you weren't lying to yourselves. You guys actually believed in him. I still think Al Golden can be a great coach as long as he gives up on this bend but don't break defense crap.

Get out of my thread, you stupid f.aggot. This is a f.aggot-free zone.

You guys called him "The Don", you weren't lying to yourselves. You guys actually believed in him. I still think Al Golden can be a great coach as long as he gives up on this bend but don't break defense crap.

We have talent gap remember? didn't you say we had Wake level talent?

Advertisement

You have a gap between your legs, fa.ggot.

Our defense is a mess....it doesn't take a Master's degree to figure it out

Advertisement

You have a gap between your legs, fa.ggot.

Coach D **** was in your mouth all week and would lick Golden *** everyweek until now. GTFO acting like you knew coach D was terrible.

"the don" lol. And you want to call someone else a ******? Own what you said, don't be a *****.

I dont think hes a bad gameday coach. Hes managed the games well. His dc has to go and he needs a new qb with more than half a brain and a short game.

Advertisement
This guy is a respected poster? How is that possible. It's nothing but a simpleton rant.

Anybody who didn't understand that this was a poor situational spot needs to take some classes.

This guy is a respected poster? How is that possible. It's nothing but a simpleton rant.

Anybody who didn't understand that this was a poor situational spot needs to take some classes.

He just a posters that post w/e posters want to hear. Yesterday Coach was a genius that needed 4 more years. Today he is a guy that knew Coach D was a fraud and never called Al Golden "The Don" all the time.

I dont think hes a bad gameday coach. Hes managed the games well. His dc has to go and he needs a new qb with more than half a brain and a short game.

Golden decidedtokeep him after producing THE WORST DEFENSE IN UM HISTORY last season. For some reason, people like to gloss over that. Has had ample time to find a new QB. Preston Dewey and gray crow.....David stuck with his main sport. Why isn't Ryan Williams playing, since so many people seem to think he's better than Morris? Jake Ruddock, Travis Wilson, Jacoby Brisett, etc....

Advertisement
Back