Real Talk...A Bitter Pill

Advertisement
Yea I said it. We're soft. We are Duke University of the South. With our academic standards we lose so much talent. Recruit...don't qualify...go to FSU/LSU/UA etc. Also, Fire D'no, if Golden can't bear to part with his butt buddy then fire both of them. We gave up more points to VTech than FSU. UNACCEPTABLE!

Yes. As Kipling once said:

"But to stand an' be still to the Birken'ead drill is a **** tough bullet to chew"

Not ready to throw Coley under any bus just yet. Buddy is calling plays with an inept QB (in fairness, SM isnt "his guy"), without his biggest playmaker (Duke), and his sure fire deep threat (Dorsett). He gets a pass from me because losing D&D would cripple any team with our depth and the offense just hasnt been the same since Dorsett left.

He's a great recruiter and evaluator, this we know. I think he just needs to surround himself with better assistants and reevaluate his defensive scheme. Being located in South Florida will always have us stocked with players, we just need to load up.

Football is about Jims & Joes over x's & o's, so eventually we should out talent people,Jimbo Fisher style. There's only a few elite coaches out there. Players are the great equalizer.

Jorge Sedano did an interview awhile back with another media member (i don't remember who) who pays attention to MAC football. He said Al had the best talent in the conference but could never win the big games. I think he flat out said that Al is a bad coach.

Advertisement
Great post.

When Al got the job I remember Temple fans having high praise for Al but the one knock was gameday coaching. Very suspect in game strategy and adjustments.
He's a deer in the headlights on gameday complete with the Nathan Thurm flop sweats.

I don't need Al to be a great game day Xs and Os guy. What I expect is for him to surround himself with smart, aggressive thinkers...not retreads that mimic the lame defense he wants to run. If Al can't see that his philosophy on defense is not a winning one, we'll never be relevant at the top. The minute he he employs a more aggressive style on offense and defense is when we start winning.

I fear, though, that we'll never get there because he'll claim that "we need to let the process work."

His job is to hire great assistants and to get his team ready mentally and emotionally every week to play at a consistently high level. He's failed at both. The only things he's succeeded at are recruiting and being a steward through the ncaa mess.

I think Golden is a great organizer and communicator and everyone got caught up in that after years of Coker and Shannon. I can't say that I think he's a great recruiter, even with the NCAA mess hanging over his head. He's missed out on too many positions of need. The biggest problem I have is that it seems that coaches at UM can't get decent coordinators and assistants. I see Jimbo and FSU get really good assistants and can't understand why UM can't do the same. Maybe it's the money or lack thereof?

Pruitt was a DB coach at Alabama. Any good program could have had him. And we have fsu's OC so it's not money.

Yea I said it. We're soft. We are Duke University of the South. With our academic standards we lose so much talent. Recruit...don't qualify...go to FSU/LSU/UA etc. Also, Fire D'no, if Golden can't bear to part with his butt buddy then fire both of them. We gave up more points to VTech than FSU. UNACCEPTABLE!

cant use that excuse, look at what stanford has done in recent years they have tough standards and they would mop the floor with miami right now

Chise,

That was my exact comparison, worst game since that closing of the OB debacle against ******. This is a sh#t show that will continue to play for however long Golden decides to stay. He's a slick talker, great salesman, great CEO but lousy on gameday. Responding this way after getting your back blown out in Tally tells me this program will never reach the heights it can by virtue of the gang that can't coach straight on the sideline. I don't know **** about football schemes like many here do and even my uninformed *** can see this is a **** show.

I said before the VT game that it would tell us what we need to know about the direction of the program. And, unfortunately, it did.

Advertisement
Stanford has national recruiting appeal...well known academic name. Unfortunately Miami has a false reputation as being a school full of idiots (just read any public sports forum). We get a lot of local talent, Florida school system is terrible and usually talented football players aren't the brightest crayon in the box.

Dont listen to Franchise, he is a fringe fan. Isnt that exactly what he said about me all those times I dared to question Al and his ability to coach. I saw this a long time ago. You're welcome.

I'm invested in the program and wanted badly for it to work out because I know we're stuck with him. So I tried to see the positive and emphasize it. You're one of those dudes who always sees nothing but negative and wants everyone fired all the time. And you have no real love of UM. So congratulations for guessing right. You're bound to be right sometimes when all you do is complain and mope.

Great post.

When Al got the job I remember Temple fans having high praise for Al but the one knock was gameday coaching. Very suspect in game strategy and adjustments.
He's a deer in the headlights on gameday complete with the Nathan Thurm flop sweats.

I don't need Al to be a great game day Xs and Os guy. What I expect is for him to surround himself with smart, aggressive thinkers...not retreads that mimic the lame defense he wants to run. If Al can't see that his philosophy on defense is not a winning one, we'll never be relevant at the top. The minute he he employs a more aggressive style on offense and defense is when we start winning.

I fear, though, that we'll never get there because he'll claim that "we need to let the process work."

His job is to hire great assistants and to get his team ready mentally and emotionally every week to play at a consistently high level. He's failed at both. The only things he's succeeded at are recruiting and being a steward through the ncaa mess.

I gave him a pass in the past bc I acknowledge how difficult it probably was to attract top shelf talent to his coordinator under the cloud of the NCAA mess. But that is gone now. IMO, he's on the clock now. No more needing to navigate through the NCAA mess. It's time to buckle up and produce. He got a 3 year reprieve to get us through the NCAA mess. In my mind, his 3 year clock to product starts now.

Stop torturing yourselves people. It's not the '80s anymore.

And besides, now we don't have to get raped by FSU again!

Advertisement
Dont listen to Franchise, he is a fringe fan. Isnt that exactly what he said about me all those times I dared to question Al and his ability to coach. I saw this a long time ago. You're welcome.

That's alright. He made a thread with a long post. It's all better now. He know's about football again.

I don't even like making posts like this. But it's hilarious to me that someone who so ardently supported a guy ("The Don") and bashed people who didn't is now making threads like this. He'll deflect when he reads this post and make some cute retort, calling me an even cuter name.
All of you fringe UM fans just sit back and call for the coaches' head at the first sign of trouble. It's an easy reaction. Those of us who are deeply invested in the program want to see it succeed at all costs and will try to will it to happen until we are convinced it's hopeless. I gave the guy a 3 year chance, and he let me down.

Now, all the fringe guys and dudes holding little *** grudges against me because I hurt their feelings on a message board want plaudits for being the first guy in the race to say or coach sucks. You guys win. You were first to "call it". Pick up your prize in the toilet tomorrow morning.

That's alright. He made a thread with a long post. It's all better now. He know's about football again.

I don't even like making posts like this. But it's hilarious to me that someone who so ardently supported a guy ("The Don") and bashed people who didn't is now making threads like this. He'll deflect when he reads this post and make some cute retort, calling me an even cuter name.
All of you fringe UM fans just sit back and call for the coaches' head at the first sign of trouble. It's an easy reaction. Those of us who are deeply invested in the program want to see it succeed at all costs and will try to will it to happen until we are convinced it's hopeless. I gave the guy a 3 year chance, and he let me down.

Now, all the fringe guys and dudes holding little *** grudges against me because I hurt their feelings on a message board want plaudits for being the first guy in the race to say or coach sucks. You guys win. You were first to "call it". Pick up your prize in the toilet tomorrow morning.
Whatever makes yourself feel better. Stick to making up cute names for people because you actually are good at that. You would be a great poster on the WEZ with that ability. You just suck at football discussion. I mean it's either Al Golden is "The Don" or you make a post like this. You are literally a joke at this point as far as your football opinions.

Im not ready to give up on Al, especially if we can SOMEHOW drag ourselves to 10 wins. That would still be a milestone considering we havent done it in 10 years. BUT I will know all I need to know about Al this offseason in regards to how he is going to run this program if he doesnt make any changes to the staff. If he makes ZERO changes, and we dont compete for a BCS berth next year I want his a$$ gone. Because that makes him too stubborn to be the coach of a big time BCS program.

Advertisement
Insanity-doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result .See Al Golden. People confuse great recruiter with relentless recruiter. Al Golden is relentless. Miami recruits Miami regardless of coach or corch. Last 4 teams have ran the wr or Te across the zone coverage and hit the backside for large gains at will. See insanity.Teams have rushed to the line and run plays when we are taking forever to run in our packages.See insanity.Teams have run ANYTHING in the flats on Gaines or corner posts on AJ.See insanity.I personally went to Al Golden's first game at Maryland to see if he was the guy.I watched Butch Davis in the late 90's put the juggernaut together down 30 schollies so I had a good idea what to look for. Maryland threw at least 25-30 bubble screens that night for over 300 yards with no adjustments.See insanity.SM in my eyes stared down then and stares down now. Saban is running our defense with 5 star talent and he's getting spread out but the difference is his corners man up. I was really ****ed to find out that FSU scraped this defense with all their DEPTH. It means they're trying to actually WIN. We scream about depth issues but we aren't down 30 schollies. Always trust your eyes because they never Lie.

Last edited:
Great post.

I gave him a pass in the past bc I acknowledge how difficult it probably was to attract top shelf talent to his coordinator under the cloud of the NCAA mess. But that is gone now. IMO, he's on the clock now. No more needing to navigate through the NCAA mess. It's time to buckle up and produce. He got a 3 year reprieve to get us through the NCAA mess. In my mind, his 3 year clock to product starts now.

Smart dude. Only difference for me is the clock started last night, and what happened was inexcusable on any level.

Whatever makes yourself feel better. Stick to making up cute names for people because you actually are good at that. You would be a great poster on the WEZ with that ability. You just suck at football discussion. I mean it's either Al Golden is "The Don" or you make a post like this. You are literally a joke at this point as far as your football opinions.

A dude holding a grudge with me over a message board is telling me I'm a joke. Forgive me if I take your sissified opinion with a grain of salt.

Im not ready to give up on Al, especially if we can SOMEHOW drag ourselves to 10 wins. That would still be a milestone considering we havent done it in 10 years. BUT I will know all I need to know about Al this offseason in regards to how he is going to run this program if he doesnt make any changes to the staff. If he makes ZERO changes, and we dont compete for a BCS berth next year I want his a$$ gone. Because that makes him too stubborn to be the coach of a big time BCS program.
I personally think we lose at Pitt on Turkey Day weekend. That will give us 9 wins and 3 were against FAU,Savannah, and a rebuilding USF.

Advertisement
Back