potential cam ward replacement plays tonight

I have no inside information but I just don’t see Mario rolling with Emory, Poff, Judd and Nickel in year 4 when he might have his most championship ready team.

Rolling with Mario on this one that he will get it figured out though the portal.
Bring in a Portal guy and let the best man win. Best scenario would be another 1 year rental to really see if Emory or the other guys that was recruited are at the standard that we need to win a national championship.

This train is just getting started, we don’t want any drop offs in future. Miami has struggled nightly in QB development past 20 years

Advertisement
I had no idea Emory's dad was on this board.
Typical and let me guess you’re a Kamala voter. Following her lead by ignoring the points in front of you and just attacking the messenger. Cam has averaged a turnover a game. Did he not gift Cal 14 pts? Why do you assume Emory would do all of Cam’s negatives and none of his positives in those games?

A couple things...

1. Just as some posters defend Emory by saying it's unfair to make negative assumptions about his future based on the 2 starts he made as a true freshman last season, it's also unfair to assume he wouldn't make mistakes if he were the starter. Can't have it both ways.

2. To even put TVD in the same sentence as Cam Ward is nonsensical. You know why winning cures all evils? Because Ward's highs have far outweighed his lows and he is, by far, the biggest reason why we're 6-0. The defense has been utterly abysmal. The running game has been average at best.

TVD would turn the ball over, completely fall apart, and the entire team would collapse in unison. Ward's pick-six against Cal was an abysmal, indefensible throw but then he put the team on his back and played lights out the rest of the way. He had to be dam near perfect in the 4th quarter and was. Unlike TVD, Ward doesn't rattle in the face of adversity and the team clearly believes in him.

If any other transfer QB or any other QB on the roster were the starter instead of Ward, where would our record stand right now? Thankfully that's a hypothetical we don't have to entertain, and we can appreciate finally having an absolute gunslinger lighting up the scoreboard to help us overcome our glaring deficiencies elsewhere.
He is also the reason the last 2 games were nail biters. His int at the goal line against VT flipped that game 💯. He gifted Cal 14 pts. Listen, I am a big fan of Cams and have a running battle on another board defending C as better then Shadeur, but you have to see the world for how it is, not how you want it to be. He has flaws like everyone and his flaws can cost you games, almost cost us 2. Assuming Emory would do anything is all opinion and I have a different opinion of him. Kid laid it all on the line against FSU and has won my support. You can fantasize about the “next Cam Ward” from portal. I fully believe with this team, we would be 6-0 with Emory. We would score fewer points but in turn give up fewer points and be in same spot record wise. If Cam can clean up the turnovers (which have plagued him his entire career) he can take us all the way, but if he doesn’t, I don’t see how we overcome them against great teams.

kaidon salter

off to a pretty good start at liberty ... had a great season last year ... doubt he follows freeze as they landed a few five star qb's

plays tonight at 7 on cbssn ... might be worth a look on a slow sports night
He is not going to be the guy. There’s a reason why he didn’t get the call up by anybody last year and that reason hasn’t actually changed and it has nothing to do with on the Field.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Are you joking? You know what Emory doesn’t do? Fumble inside the 20 or throw an incredibly stupid pick 6. So correct he won’t make the same flashy plays, but that is in BOTH directions. No way you can say we loose to VT and Cal with Williams as he wouldn’t cause the turnovers Ward did that put us in those positions. That was my only concern with Cam and I am still concerned. Need to protect the ball better. Funny how everyone jumped on TVD for his turnovers but look the other way at Cam’s. Winning does cure all evils I guess.
He also doesn’t.. ya know.. do that thing.. where he throws for 300+ a game with a 4 td average. Outside of that I’m with you. Cam’s a bum 💯

Typical and let me guess you’re a Kamala voter. Following her lead by ignoring the points in front of you and just attacking the messenger. Cam has averaged a turnover a game. Did he not gift Cal 14 pts? Why do you assume Emory would do all of Cam’s negatives and none of his positives in those games?

He is also the reason the last 2 games were nail biters. His int at the goal line against VT flipped that game 💯. He gifted Cal 14 pts. Listen, I am a big fan of Cams and have a running battle on another board defending C as better then Shadeur, but you have to see the world for how it is, not how you want it to be. He has flaws like everyone and his flaws can cost you games, almost cost us 2. Assuming Emory would do anything is all opinion and I have a different opinion of him. Kid laid it all on the line against FSU and has won my support. You can fantasize about the “next Cam Ward” from portal. I fully believe with this team, we would be 6-0 with Emory. We would score fewer points but in turn give up fewer points and be in same spot record wise. If Cam can clean up the turnovers (which have plagued him his entire career) he can take us all the way, but if he doesn’t, I don’t see how we overcome them against great teams.
I don't know if our defense this year is good enough to support an Emory at quarterback. I think it's hard to only look at Cam's turnovers & assume Emory wouldn't have any either.... agree in general Emory probably doesn't throw some of those pics but you have no idea what he would throw on the other hand.... I think the general argument i see on all this qb stuff is: cam has no ceiling if he plays like he can, but has a lower floor with the gunslinger mentality... Emory has a lower ceiling & a higher floor... people are drawn & like the no ceiling aspect imo. myself included... I would also throw out there, personal opinion, that as much as I appreciate emory & his effort... he doesn't command the leadership/team aura that Cam does..

He also doesn’t.. ya know.. do that thing.. where he throws for 300+ a game with a 4 td average. Outside of that I’m with you. Cam’s a bum 💯
Who said Cam is a bum? Not me. But he has his warts like everyone. And how many chances has an upperclassman Williams been given to throw for 300 yards in a game? This isn’t a net neutral question. Cam is the better qb, but has issues with protecting the ball. Williams appears to have the tools and moxy to lead this team. Both can be true.

Jumping in this thread and seeing an Emory and Cam argument….

IMG_4378.gif

Advertisement
Who said Cam is a bum? Not me. But he has his warts like everyone. And how many chances has an upperclassman Williams been given to throw for 300 yards in a game? This isn’t a net neutral question. Cam is the better qb, but has issues with protecting the ball. Williams appears to have the tools and moxy to lead this team. Both can be true.
Listen man it’s Friday I’m here on straight bs don’t take me serious. I think Emory has a bright future. I just have don’t think he’s the starter here next year though

That two-play swing in the Virginia Tech game was brutal. The refs called a phantom hold on Bell that took what should have been Ward's 3rd TD pass of the first half off the board, negating what should have been a 21-7 Miami lead and then Ward threw an INT on the very next snap. That sequence definitely flipped the momentum of the game.

Ward's pick-six against Cal was one of the worst plays we'll see any player at any position make all season. I can't and won't make any excuses for that specific turnover. In fairness, though, seeing the world for how it is also requires acknowledging that it took every bit of Ward's elite level QB play aside from those turnovers to overcome our putrid defensive performances against both VT and Cal. The defense didn't suddenly collapse once Cam made a mistake. They were already missing boatloads of tackles, getting torched in the secondary, and giving up plenty of points all on their own.

We've gone from 63rd in the country in 3rd down conversion rate a year ago to 1st by a comfortable margin with Ward under center. This is the highest quality QB play our program has had in decades, and Ward is outright carrying what is otherwise a very average football team with glaring weaknesses elsewhere.

As far as Emory is concerned, I have no problem with others who have a higher opinion of his potential than me. Ultimately he's a Cane, so I hope he kicks *** if/when he ever becomes the starter. But I do think it's important to appreciate what we have in Cam Ward given where I believe we'd be without him.

Are you joking? You know what Emory doesn’t do? Fumble inside the 20 or throw an incredibly stupid pick 6. So correct he won’t make the same flashy plays, but that is in BOTH directions. No way you can say we loose to VT and Cal with Williams as he wouldn’t cause the turnovers Ward did that put us in those positions. That was my only concern with Cam and I am still concerned. Need to protect the ball better. Funny how everyone jumped on TVD for his turnovers but look the other way at Cam’s. Winning does cure all evils I guess.
To act like TVD and Cam's turnover situations are even remotely the same is disingenuous at best. If we can't see why they're different, it's not worth the conversation.

Advertisement
To act like TVD and Cam's turnover situations are even remotely the same is disingenuous at best. If we can't see why they're different, it's not worth the conversation.
That is straw man at its best. Please explain how their turnovers are different. And more importantly, explain why having a different OPINION than you means no conversation should occur. Why is the younger generation so quick to shut down differing opinions? Whatcha scared of?

Emory had a very good camp, ruling him out is ludicrous. That doesn't mean we don't go after the best portal QB we can find but predicting immediate doom if Williams is the guy is a little much. That's CIS though, if you're not all-in or entirely against a topic, you're doing it wrong.

Advertisement

Dude... Cam is highest rated QB in college right now. Miami has the highest rated QB play n the nation. You pretending like a dude who you have no idea if he will even be an avg QB would have won either of the games is pathetic.

Your ad hominem attack is a testament to your extremely low IQ and your extremely high estrogen levels. I hope you quit being a Miami fan when Emory gets passed over next year for a transfer. You don't know football and your a disgrace to this board.

Now put your tampon back in and call you mom to let her know to pick up more on the way home because you're certainly going to need them.

Advertisement
Back