potential cam ward replacement plays tonight

Advertisement
Game managers do t win championships any more regardless of how stacked your roster is.
It hasn’t happened in cfb nor the nfl in a while now.

I’m not a coaching guru nor a qb evaluator. But the defensive players are way faster and the defenses are getting more complex to read. The ability to be a good qb and the athletic ability to be a successful improviser is what you need. If you don’t have that you’re pushing a boulder up a hill.

The eagles in 2018 may be the exception.

Game managers do t win championships any more regardless of how stacked your roster is.
It hasn’t happened in cfb nor the nfl in a while now.

I’m not a coaching guru nor a qb evaluator. But the defensive players are way faster and the defenses are getting more complex to read. The ability to be a good qb and the athletic ability to be a successful improviser is what you need. If you don’t have that you’re pushing a boulder up a hill.

The eagles in 2018 may be the exception.
The walk on qb at uga also, but those rosters were loaded beyond comparison..

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get wanting something you might think is shiny and new. I have mentioned before, if it isn't Lagway, or an OSU QB, you stay with Emory. THEN, you go out and recruit the top high school QB in America. Maybe a top three.

Stop taking the high three star guy with potential. Miami is doing enough with the QB now to get an Alpha QB. Luke Nickle isn't it either. He is in the same mold as what we have now in the QB room.

We made Oline, Dline, and other areas a focus. NOW go make a stud at QB a focus from high school. This can be done now. Go out and get a Colton Nussmeier, or Elijah Haven.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami is better than SMU, and after Ward makes it to the league after killing it here it might be an easy sell. But who knows.
SMU boosters wouldnt allow it at all. Their wallets deep. If they hadn’t just joined ACC, maybe.
Now they are in same conference? Forget it. They won’t match offers, they’ll blow them out.

If we were to stay in ACC for next 10 years, they are only team that I think could build something similar to rival what CMC is building now.

I think there’s something to the thought that the scheme we run right now isn’t geared for “Deep Playoff” runs with just any QB - it may need a superstar QB and/or multiple Day 1 WRS to overcome some of its limitations.

But not many names I have seen on this thread that would absolutely blow by Emory. Maybe 1-2 sure fires that I’ve seen and everyone else mentioned we would HOPE they could come in and unseat EW. True assassins like Cam aren’t easy to come by.

I mentioned this before, but we obviously got the best portal QB. Everyone else multiple steps down. And we think it’s just as easy next year???

Miami is better than SMU, and after Ward makes it to the league after killing it here it might be an easy sell. But who knows.

If SMU was 6-6 I would agree with you but SMU got a good shot at the ACC title. I just don't see Jennings leaving SMU and they do got the money to keep him happy.

@Stanford
@Duke
Pittsburgh
BC
@Virginia
Cal

Zoinks!! Thats as easy as a path to the ACCCG right there

Advertisement
Back