potential cam ward replacement plays tonight

Advertisement
You guys need to remember the NIL pockets aren’t limitless and there are other upgrades needed as well.
QB is the most important position in the game. If you put other upgrades ahead of upgrading that position you are misallocating funds.

We just watched our own team win a game where the defense sucked for the first 30+ minutes and we trailed by 4 scores with 18 minutes left, all because we went out and got an elite qb who can make things happen when **** isn’t there, but people are okay with going the game manager route again, and many are clamoring for it.

I just don’t get it. It’s not 1990 anymore, you can build as good of a defense as you want but offenses are too good to not have the ability to win a shootout.

Mendoza is Dorsey look-a-like. Just sayin
1728441648660.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t think yall realize how good the qb has to be for dawson offense to be at the level we need it.

This is a heavy pure drop back offense, with not alot of motion, very few RPOs, not alot of play action, not a diverse run game, this is not a offense for a regular college qb

Dawson has said it before his offense will only be as good as the QB is, cam is the best in the country so its the best offense in the country but a big step down at qb could be bad for us

Advertisement
QB is the most important position in the game. If you put other upgrades ahead of upgrading that position you are misallocating funds.

We just watched our own team win a game where the defense sucked for the first 30+ minutes and we trailed by 4 scores with 18 minutes left, all because we went out and got an elite qb who can make things happen when **** isn’t there, but people are okay with going the game manager route again, and many are clamoring for it.

I just don’t get it. It’s not 1990 anymore, you can build as good of a defense as you want but offenses are too good to not have the ability to win a shootout.

I’m with you. My overall point was we don’t need to bring in a portal QB just to bring in a portal QB. I think they will try to big game hunt (as they did with Cam) but if they come up empty they won’t bring one in at all and roll with Emory.

Advertisement
So, we will never play for anything with a QB that isn't up to Ward's level? You really believe that? They said the same thing when Walsh replaced Vinny. He didn't have the same arm, scrambling ability, athleticism, you name it. Then all he did was win a national title.

Yes, the game has changed. However, the best thing a QB can do is get the ball into the hands of their receivers. You don't need to be Cam Ward to do this.
imo we're not at that level recruiting wise across our oline and skill players that all we need is a game manager at qb

The QB from James Madison, Barnett , has excellent numbers. He obliterated UNC so he can handle playing a P5. Can’t say I have watched any JMU games though so don’t know if he’s a pure system QB or if he’s a good prospect for next year.
he's gonna get looks based on the unc game alone

Advertisement
Back