potential cam ward replacement plays tonight

Someone mentioned the cat from SMU, I think him and Emory would make for a fascinating battle. If Dawson is still here, Emory is going to have complete control of the offense. Yeah, it was Ball St, but he looked much better than the previous year in emergency duty.

In Air Raid offense, you don’t need supreme athleticism or bazooka for arm (neither of which is bad at all). The most important trait is to read your keys presnap and get the ball out fairly quick.

What Cam does isn’t true to Air Raid concepts. He gets away with it due to outstanding intangibles, but even he struggled when he waited too long against Cal when short stuff was immediately open.
SMU QB is outstanding but doubt he leaves Lashlee.

Advertisement
Several of the QBs we’ve played have impressed me. Any chance Cam’s cousin Drones gets a call?

Watch those guys play against other teams. Don't base ur opinion on a QB against the worst secondary in the ACC. They make everybody look like a 1st round NFL pick

Watch those guys play against other teams. Don't base ur opinion on a QB against the worst secondary in the ACC. They make everybody look like a 1st round NFL pick
Drones didn’t even look good vs them lol. Dude isn’t a good passer

Advertisement
Emory, Poffenbarger, & Judd r Cam’s future replacements.
Kombucha No But GIF

Drones didn’t even look good vs them lol. Dude isn’t a good passer

He's okay but I think people forget Miami gave them 17 points. Take away the 17 points from turnovers and Va Tech offense was bleh. Drones had an okay game against Stanford. I think he would play better in a wide open offense like ours cause Va Tech offense is so boring. However, Drones isn't this great QB that people think he is.

Our QB for next year is Arizona's starting QB this year.

Nah, I pass on Noah. He was great against Utah, made some great throws while being hit by the blitz package they threw at him. But he sucked against Kansas State and was terrible this past weekend vs Texas Tech. I give up on him

Give up the Portal QB BS! Emory is next in line. When the QB's come out of the tunnel for warmups, Emory and Judd are 6'5", Cam 6'1' and Poff looks like a Jr. High QB at 5"10" on a good day. It's obvious Mario wants bigger QB's. Nobody will know the offense better than Emory with 3 years into it.

Advertisement
kaidon salter

off to a pretty good start at liberty ... had a great season last year ... doubt he follows freeze as they landed a few five star qb's

plays tonight at 7 on cbssn ... might be worth a look on a slow sports night

The QB from James Madison, Barnett , has excellent numbers. He obliterated UNC so he can handle playing a P5. Can’t say I have watched any JMU games though so don’t know if he’s a pure system QB or if he’s a good prospect for next year.

Give up the Portal QB BS! Emory is next in line. When the QB's come out of the tunnel for warmups, Emory and Judd are 6'5", Cam 6'1' and Poff looks like a Jr. High QB at 5"10" on a good day. It's obvious Mario wants bigger QB's. Nobody will know the offense better than Emory with 3 years into it.
It’s not obvious because nickel is 6’1 and the qb commit for 26 is like 6’0

Knowing the playbook is huge but once the play breaks down QB instincts kick in which is where Cam has done well. Not sure if Emory is that guy.

Advertisement
If your team needs a Cam Ward type of QB to compete, then the head coach isn't building the roster well enough. I happen to think Mario is building a solid roster, and a solid QB will do just fine. THIS year we needed that superstar QB. Moving forward, I hope we can get by with a QB that isn't on Ward's level, because we aren't going to find a Cam Ward every year.
maybe in 5 more years the roster will be good enough
But not next year
We stil need an elite qb
Unless we portal in a whole new secondary
We’ll need to keep
Winning shoot outs

Advertisement
Stetson Bennett was a **** good college Q but do you put his talent on the same rung as Cam? The dude worked from a walk on to win two straight titles. So yeah even today I believe if you have a smart, ballsy and tough Q with a great & talented roster you can win the whole f’ing thing.

BUT I will be super stoked if Cam 2.0 comes on board.
The gap between those uga rosters and ours
Is bigger than the gap between cam and Stetson
Those defenses were elite elite

Since we playing what if me is quinn ewers
can’t play rest of year and manning is the starter so he portals out

Advertisement
Back