i remember him throwing him a deep pass
where he was wide open and instead of running under the ball
he had to slow down and wait for it
you do you
and think that emory is enough
but after watching cam and what an elite playmaking qb can do
i just dont see it in emory
nothing wrong with that he just not that guy
If your team needs a Cam Ward type of QB to compete, then the head coach isn't building the roster well enough. I happen to think Mario is building a solid roster, and a solid QB will do just fine. THIS year we needed that superstar QB. Moving forward, I hope we can get by with a QB that isn't on Ward's level, because we aren't going to find a Cam Ward every year.

Advertisement
It was vs ball st backups cmon mane
Still, he was slinging it. My only point was the O didn't go into a fetal position when he came in, and I doubt it will IF he's the starter next season.

Do you honestly think he'll be the same QB in 2025 that he was in 2023 as a true freshman?

I doubt it. Emory looked good earlier this year when they ran the same O they were running for Cam. Can Emory do everything Cam does? No. Neither did Steve Walsh, Ken Dorsey, or **** near any other QB we've ever had. You can still air it out with a decent to good QB, as long as that QB can see what the D is doing, and is smart enough to take what the D is giving him.
the names you gave played over 20yrs ago ... the game has changed

Advertisement
Someone mentioned the cat from SMU, I think him and Emory would make for a fascinating battle. If Dawson is still here, Emory is going to have complete control of the offense. Yeah, it was Ball St, but he looked much better than the previous year in emergency duty.

In Air Raid offense, you don’t need supreme athleticism or bazooka for arm (neither of which is bad at all). The most important trait is to read your keys presnap and get the ball out fairly quick.

What Cam does isn’t true to Air Raid concepts. He gets away with it due to outstanding intangibles, but even he struggled when he waited too long against Cal when short stuff was immediately open.

I doubt it. Emory looked good earlier this year when they ran the same O they were running for Cam. Can Emory do everything Cam does? No. Neither did Steve Walsh, Ken Dorsey, or **** near any other QB we've ever had. You can still air it out with a decent to good QB, as long as that QB can see what the D is doing, and is smart enough to take what the D is giving him.
This isn't your ma and pa's 3 yard and cloud of dust football Thomas. The **** that worked 30 years ago is dead and gone.

the names you gave played over 20yrs ago ... the game has changed
So, we will never play for anything with a QB that isn't up to Ward's level? You really believe that? They said the same thing when Walsh replaced Vinny. He didn't have the same arm, scrambling ability, athleticism, you name it. Then all he did was win a national title.

Yes, the game has changed. However, the best thing a QB can do is get the ball into the hands of their receivers. You don't need to be Cam Ward to do this.

Advertisement
@htownkidd I’m sorry to do this man but I gotta

IMG_7381.gif

If your team needs a Cam Ward type of QB to compete, then the head coach isn't building the roster well enough. I happen to think Mario is building a solid roster, and a solid QB will do just fine. THIS year we needed that superstar QB. Moving forward, I hope we can get by with a QB that isn't on Ward's level, because we aren't going to find a Cam Ward every year.
Name me a team that has competed in the past decade with an Emory level/type of QB. The only possible answer is Mac Jones, so, sure, if we can have 2 top 10 picks and another 2nd rounder at receiver, a first round running back, 2 first round tackles and 3 other NFL linemen, on top of a defense that gives up less than 20ppg, then yeah that’ll work.

Why the **** do you all want to win despite our QB so badly when we could just try to get a guy that can win you games by himself. He might not be on Cam’s level, but we can do better than Emory. Jesus Christ.

This isn't your ma and pa's 3 yard and cloud of dust football Thomas. The **** that worked 30 years ago is dead and gone.
I will stand by what I said. If you need a Cam Ward type of player to win games, you're screwed, because he's a once in a lifetime player. We can't just go out and find the best QB in the country every year in the portal. It does not mean you change to O to something stupid and simple when you don't have Cam Ward. It means keep building your OL and skill positions so the next QB doesn't HAVE to be Cam Ward.

Advertisement
Still, he was slinging it. My only point was the O didn't go into a fetal position when he came in, and I doubt it will IF he's the starter next season.

Do you honestly think he'll be the same QB in 2025 that he was in 2023 as a true freshman?
No but they definitely ain’t letting him sling it around like cam. Doesn’t matter if he develops his talent level just ain’t that. He is basically like the kid Mendoza at cal

Name me a team that has competed in the past decade with an Emory level/type of QB. The only possible answer is Mac Jones, so, sure, if we can have 2 top 10 picks and another 2nd rounder at receiver, a first round running back, 2 first round tackles and 3 other NFL linemen, on top of a defense that gives up less than 20ppg, then yeah that’ll work.

Why the **** do you all want to win despite our QB so badly when we could just try to get a guy that can win you games by himself. He might not be on Cam’s level, but we can do better than Emory. Jesus Christ.
Oh I am all for getting the best QB out there. What I am saying is you're not going to get a Cam Ward every year. Keep building the O around whoever the QB will be, so they don't HAVE to be Superman in order to win at a high level.

Advertisement
Oh I am all for getting the best QB out there. What I am saying is you're not going to get a Cam Ward every year. Keep building the O around whoever the QB will be, so they don't HAVE to be Superman in order to win at a high level.
Nobody is saying don’t continue building the offense. But a non-athlete at qb puts you at a disadvantage. It’s just a numbers game. Emory is slow with an average arm. He has a good football IQ. I just described a backup qb.

Air raid can win games, even championships. But you make it a lot harder on yourself if you play with a system qb instead of a qb that you put in that system. Unless you have a 2001 Miami, 2020 Bama, etc level roster, you are not going to win anything meaningful with a game manager.

So, we will never play for anything with a QB that isn't up to Ward's level? You really believe that? They said the same thing when Walsh replaced Vinny. He didn't have the same arm, scrambling ability, athleticism, you name it. Then all he did was win a national title.

Yes, the game has changed. However, the best thing a QB can do is get the ball into the hands of their receivers. You don't need to be Cam Ward to do this.
Unless you have rosters like uga or bama has had you absolutely do

I will stand by what I said. If you need a Cam Ward type of player to win games, you're screwed, because he's a once in a lifetime player. We can't just go out and find the best QB in the country every year in the portal. It does not mean you change to O to something stupid and simple when you don't have Cam Ward. It means keep building your OL and skill positions so the next QB doesn't HAVE to be Cam Ward.
You don't need a Cam Ward but it would be nice to have someone with any ability to elevate the players around him. Emory is closer to Tyler than Cam.

Advertisement
Back