potential cam ward replacement plays tonight

Can we get to work on cloning Cam?

This has been the best take on the matter I’ve done seen.

IMG_7144.gif

Advertisement
Nobody is saying don’t continue building the offense. But a non-athlete at qb puts you at a disadvantage. It’s just a numbers game. Emory is slow with an average arm. He has a good football IQ. I just described a backup qb.

Air raid can win games, even championships. But you make it a lot harder on yourself if you play with a system qb instead of a qb that you put in that system.
Air raid doesn’t win championships. Only one air raid team has ever won and that was OU

Advertisement
Air raid doesn’t win championships. Only one air raid team has ever won and that was OU
I firmly believe it can. Problem is teams that have run it have historically been teams that were operating at a talent disparity.

Advertisement
Name me a team that has competed in the past decade with an Emory level/type of QB. The only possible answer is Mac Jones, so, sure, if we can have 2 top 10 picks and another 2nd rounder at receiver, a first round running back, 2 first round tackles and 3 other NFL linemen, on top of a defense that gives up less than 20ppg, then yeah that’ll work.

Why the **** do you all want to win despite our QB so badly when we could just try to get a guy that can win you games by himself. He might not be on Cam’s level, but we can do better than Emory. Jesus Christ.
Stetson Bennett was a **** good college Q but do you put his talent on the same rung as Cam? The dude worked from a walk on to win two straight titles. So yeah even today I believe if you have a smart, ballsy and tough Q with a great & talented roster you can win the whole f’ing thing.

BUT I will be super stoked if Cam 2.0 comes on board.

Stetson Bennett was a **** good college Q but do you put his talent on the same rung as Cam? The dude worked from a walk on to win two straight titles. So yeah even today I believe if you have a smart, ballsy and tough Q with a great & talented roster you can win the whole f’ing thing.

BUT I will be super stoked if Cam 2.0 comes on board.
Stetson and Emory could not be more different, what are you talking about?…

Advertisement
I hear what you are saying but Drew Brees is an all timer. And Russ was a pretty good QB for a lot of years until he got too old.

Brees was 6'. Wilson is a fair comp b/c he's a sub 6' guy who's had success in the pros and college. But, you are pointing out the exceptions.

Advertisement
Of course they will test the portal but if you’re not getting one of the biggest fish in the pond we’re better off with Emory.

You guys need to remember the NIL pockets aren’t limitless and there are other upgrades needed as well.

Advertisement
Back