potential cam ward replacement plays tonight

The fact that I’ve watched him play multiple times this year and I wasn’t positive this was a typo is not a great start.
Sorry that is a typo. Thanks for the correction. 16 TDs to 6 INTs. have not seen him play but the numbers look good. He still has a couple of years left. After looking at all of the other QBs numbers, Cam is the one on top. Best in the leauge.

Advertisement
But not many names I have seen on this thread that would absolutely blow by Emory. Maybe 1-2 sure fires that I’ve seen and everyone else mentioned we would HOPE they could come in and unseat EW. True assassins like Cam aren’t easy to come by.

I mentioned this before, but we obviously got the best portal QB. Everyone else multiple steps down. And we think it’s just as easy next year???
Not easy at all. It’s unlikely we find someone as good. But that doesn’t make the concerns less true. I don’t think Mario or this system in general is good enough to get it done with Emory. If Emory was the quarterback this year, we have two losses already in my opinion, largely due to the defense, still, hard to imagine him making the plays we NEEDED to win.

I don't get the Emory infatuation.... I want the best QB in college that's not drafted. He is not that.

Some of you guys act like your 401K is loaded up with stock in him... reality is he wouldn't start for half of the ACC teams. Were 4-2 with him this year if he were our starter.

I don't get the Emory infatuation.... I want the best QB in college that's not drafted. He is not that.

Some of you guys act like your 401K is loaded up with stock in him... reality is he wouldn't start for half of the ACC teams. We’re 4-2 with him this year if he were our starter.
Are you joking? You know what Emory doesn’t do? Fumble inside the 20 or throw an incredibly stupid pick 6. So correct he won’t make the same flashy plays, but that is in BOTH directions. No way you can say we loose to VT and Cal with Williams as he wouldn’t cause the turnovers Ward did that put us in those positions. That was my only concern with Cam and I am still concerned. Need to protect the ball better. Funny how everyone jumped on TVD for his turnovers but look the other way at Cam’s. Winning does cure all evils I guess.

Advertisement
I was hoping junior Quinn Ewars would stay for one more year to improve his draft stock (getting pushed out buy the Arch crowd) but now all the Mock Drafts are predicting him to be a 1st rounder. So that ain't happening.

Byrum Brown, Kyrone Drones, Preston Stone seem like best possible available for 2025. But it's still early.

Some of you guys act like your 401K is loaded up with stock in him... reality is he wouldn't start for half of the ACC teams. Were 4-2 with him this year if he were our starter.
That's a fair guess regarding VT but doesn't remotely apply to CAL. Cam caused a significant part of the point deficit------to his credit he solved the problem he helped create.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are you joking? You know what Emory doesn’t do? Fumble inside the 20 or throw an incredibly stupid pick 6. So correct he won’t make the same flashy plays, but that is in BOTH directions. No way you can say we loose to VT and Cal with Williams as he wouldn’t cause the turnovers Ward did that put us in those positions. That was my only concern with Cam and I am still concerned. Need to protect the ball better. Funny how everyone jumped on TVD for his turnovers but look the other way at Cam’s. Winning does cure all evils I guess.
I had no idea Emory's dad was on this board.

I stand corrected on Holstein. It's not the best situation to have a true freshman, but Emory had to start. Kaaya had to start. Sometimes that's the best option. Do we really know if Emory is better than Luke Nickel? Previous poster said never.

I stand corrected on Holstein. It's not the best situation to have a true freshman, but Emory had to start. Kaaya had to start. Sometimes that's the best option. Do we really know if Emory is better than Luke Nickel? Previous poster said never.
Thankfully the portal is available unlike in the days Kaaya had to be thrusted in to starting lineup on Labor Day against Louisville as a true freshman

I think the best option is bring in a portal guy to compete with Emory. A backup is still vital since injuries are common and can wreck a teams season without a vital back up. This team deserves it.

QB is the hardest position on the field, and most freshman are not even ready to play other positions.

Advertisement

A couple things...

1. Just as some posters defend Emory by saying it's unfair to make negative assumptions about his future based on the 2 starts he made as a true freshman last season, it's also unfair to assume he wouldn't make mistakes if he were the starter. Can't have it both ways.

2. To even put TVD in the same sentence as Cam Ward is nonsensical. You know why winning cures all evils? Because Ward's highs have far outweighed his lows and he is, by far, the biggest reason why we're 6-0. The defense has been utterly abysmal. The running game has been average at best.

TVD would turn the ball over, completely fall apart, and the entire team would collapse in unison. Ward's pick-six against Cal was an abysmal, indefensible throw but then he put the team on his back and played lights out the rest of the way. He had to be dam near perfect in the 4th quarter and was. Unlike TVD, Ward doesn't rattle in the face of adversity and the team clearly believes in him.

If any other transfer QB or any other QB on the roster were the starter instead of Ward, where would our record stand right now? Thankfully that's a hypothetical we don't have to entertain, and we can appreciate finally having an absolute gunslinger lighting up the scoreboard to help us overcome our glaring deficiencies elsewhere.

Thankfully the portal is available unlike in the days Kaaya had to be thrusted in to starting lineup on Labor Day against Louisville as a true freshman
Agreed. At the time though, the senior that transferred in from BYU or Utah. I forget. He was cheeks. Bad situation..road game at Nebraska too right?

Advertisement
Back