potential cam ward replacement plays tonight

Sorry that is a typo. Thanks for the correction. 16 TDs to 6 INTs. have not seen him play but the numbers look good. He still has a couple of years left. After looking at all of the other QBs numbers, Cam is the one on top. Best in the leauge.
He had a rough game against a bad Houston team last Friday, still needs more growth

Advertisement
That is straw man at its best. Please explain how their turnovers are different. And more importantly, explain why having a different OPINION than you means no conversation should occur. Why is the younger generation so quick to shut down differing opinions? Whatcha scared of?
Because any game Van Dyke had turnovers in, he was not capable of rallying the team and went into a shell of what a QB should be, literally costing us games with his turnovers. Cam has proven that despite his mistakes on the field, he can and WILL bring the team back in spite of any mistakes he makes. That is why no one jumps on Cam for his turnovers, because despite them he is still willing his team to win. He's not staring down his receivers and then sulking in the corner afterwards.

It's not worth having the conversation because it is painfully obvious how different the two qbs and their situations are, so to act like you aren't aware of why TVD would get hate for his turnovers but Cam is looked at differently just screams trolling for attention. Nothing to do with being scared or having differing opinions.

If your team needs a Cam Ward type of QB to compete, then the head coach isn't building the roster well enough. I happen to think Mario is building a solid roster, and a solid QB will do just fine. THIS year we needed that superstar QB. Moving forward, I hope we can get by with a QB that isn't on Ward's level, because we aren't going to find a Cam Ward every year.
They need to do more than "get by" though, they are the level of program that is supposed to be competing yearly in the playoffs. Agree that you can't expect a Heisman-level video game numbers QB every year although Lincoln Riley is getting one over half the time it seems.
Name me a team that has competed in the past decade with an Emory level/type of QB. The only possible answer is Mac Jones, so, sure, if we can have 2 top 10 picks and another 2nd rounder at receiver, a first round running back, 2 first round tackles and 3 other NFL linemen, on top of a defense that gives up less than 20ppg, then yeah that’ll work.

Why the **** do you all want to win despite our QB so badly when we could just try to get a guy that can win you games by himself. He might not be on Cam’s level, but we can do better than Emory. Jesus Christ.
It's telling that one of the "He really ain't HIM but he worked" championship QBs was a still a first round pick who started in the NFL. You want dudes at QB. Clemson hasn't done much without Watson and Lawrence, Texas was missing in between Colt McCoy and Ewers, etc.

Ohio State is a loaded roster and the gap between Ward and Howard could plausibly swing a playoff game between the two tbh.

Are you joking? You know what Emory doesn’t do? Fumble inside the 20 or throw an incredibly stupid pick 6. So correct he won’t make the same flashy plays, but that is in BOTH directions. No way you can say we loose to VT and Cal with Williams as he wouldn’t cause the turnovers Ward did that put us in those positions. That was my only concern with Cam and I am still concerned. Need to protect the ball better. Funny how everyone jumped on TVD for his turnovers but look the other way at Cam’s. Winning does cure all evils I guess.

GZYUfBZXsAArtQH

Typical and let me guess you’re a Kamala voter. Following her lead by ignoring the points in front of you and just attacking the messenger. Cam has averaged a turnover a game. Did he not gift Cal 14 pts? Why do you assume Emory would do all of Cam’s negatives and none of his positives in those games?
Keep politics off the ******* main board

Advertisement
Are you joking? You know what Emory doesn’t do? Fumble inside the 20 or throw an incredibly stupid pick 6. So correct he won’t make the same flashy plays, but that is in BOTH directions. No way you can say we loose to VT and Cal with Williams as he wouldn’t cause the turnovers Ward did that put us in those positions. That was my only concern with Cam and I am still concerned. Need to protect the ball better. Funny how everyone jumped on TVD for his turnovers but look the other way at Cam’s. Winning does cure all evils I guess.
Last year TVD had a 4.2 (the FSU game he was backup) stretch where he threw 5 TDs and 11 INTs... just your casual 1:2.2 TD:INT ratio.
Nobody was complaining about TVDs start to the season in his first 4 games when he had an 11:1 TD:INT ratio. lol

Lets exlude Ball state which was Cams best game statistically... in his remaining 5 games so far this year Cam has 15 TDs to 5 INTs.... good for 3:1 TD:INT.

So Stats + Winning, and just pure eye-ball test does cure all evil, yes.

Stetson Bennett was not a game manager. This narrative needs to die.
There is a grey area that everyone misses, idk what to call it but some game managers can make game changer like plays.

For example brock purdy, or stetson at uga his last year those mfs made great plays to save their teams when they needed

Advertisement
I think Emory and the rest of the QB we have and Luke battle it out in spring and if Mario isn’t convince get a QB in the summer and fall like he did with Cam ward

Advertisement
We finally get to see what having a real superstar quarterback looks like and how huge the impact of one player can be and we still have fans clamoring for a game manager to “distribute the ball”.

Only….at The U!
There are also some fans who are forgetting we are behind in these games not because of the gunslinger mistakes but because the defense is letting simple screens and counters go for explosives, would be getting blown out with a game manager in place of a guy who does this:

**** Emory chill

Because any game Van Dyke had turnovers in, he was not capable of rallying the team and went into a shell of what a QB should be, literally costing us games with his turnovers. Cam has proven that despite his mistakes on the field, he can and WILL bring the team back in spite of any mistakes he makes. That is why no one jumps on Cam for his turnovers, because despite them he is still willing his team to win. He's not staring down his receivers and then sulking in the corner afterwards.

It's not worth having the conversation because it is painfully obvious how different the two qbs and their situations are, so to act like you aren't aware of why TVD would get hate for his turnovers but Cam is looked at differently just screams trolling for attention. Nothing to do with being scared or having differing opinions.
So you believe your OPINION is so obviously correct, that any questioning of it cannot be serious? Wow you are full of yourself. No trolling, just seeing things for how they are, not how I want them to be. If X doesn’t make that unbelievable catch on 4th down against VT and we loose, not sure the narrative is the same. Again my point is winning cures all. You **** of TVD without mentioning his injury and praise Cam without mentioning his failures. I can see we got lucky as **** two games in a row, and understand that isn’t sustainable. We weren’t playing UGA or Alabama, it was multi-loss VT and Cal. Why is pointing out the obvious gotten so many panties in a bundle?

Advertisement
So you believe your OPINION is so obviously correct, that any questioning of it cannot be serious? Wow you are full of yourself. No trolling, just seeing things for how they are, not how I want them to be. If X doesn’t make that unbelievable catch on 4th down against VT and we loose, not sure the narrative is the same. Again my point is winning cures all. You **** of TVD without mentioning his injury and praise Cam without mentioning his failures. I can see we got lucky as **** two games in a row, and understand that isn’t sustainable. We weren’t playing UGA or Alabama, it was multi-loss VT and Cal. Why is pointing out the obvious gotten so many panties in a bundle?
You’re about 13/29 in this thread as far as trying to make coherent points

Which is Emory Williams typical completion percentage

TVD's dad is ****ed.

There are also some fans who are forgetting we are behind in these games not because of the gunslinger mistakes but because the defense is letting simple screens and counters go for explosives, would be getting blown out with a game manager in place of a guy who does this:

He gifted Cal 7 pts with a pick 6, is that on the defense? He also gave them the ball inside our 20 which led to a td. You blame the defense for that? Take those 14 points away and we don’t have the nail biter comeback. Plenty of blame to share. Seriously what is with the Cam worship? I get we haven’t had an qb this good in decades, but our fan base is bi-polar. Players either suck horribly or can do no wrong. WTF?

You’re about 13/29 in this thread as far as trying to make coherent points

Which is Emory Williams typical completion percentage
Thanks for your opinion oh great one. Any feedback on the 16 points I missed would be invaluable for my development as a message board poster. Thanks and hope you have the time to assist me.

Advertisement
Back