Pete, D$, etc....what seems to be the issue with this staff?

Advertisement
IMG_3297.webp

Herbert isn't a gator commit yet. slaton wants to play dt Miami doesn't want him at dt and is being honest with him want him as a guard. Henderson who knows staff is still on him and juedy they got in to late, he was all bama since before richt even got Miami job was just to hard to flip.

Herbert and Slaton have little interest in Miami, per Pete's latest podcast. Henderson is a Gator. Richt had been on Jeudy for well over a year. They put the full court press on McKitty and he still went to the Noles.

These are failures.

Jesus you are one negative a$$ human being

I'm really not. Anyone who doesn't realize how bad things have been over the last month has either not kept up with the latest happenings or is a blind homer.

Things do not look good for us recruiting wise on many fronts. Yes, there is still time. But this exact same thing was said the last few years and look how they turned out.

See thats being negative

LOL!!! nystateofmind is your new BallhawkU.

These last few weeks have been an unmitigated disaster. So what is the issue with this staff?

Do they not relate well with kids? Do they not communicate well with coaches? Is it a $$$ bag issue?

Why can't we seem to get, and then keep, our targets?

Why?

October.

Crapping ourselves the entire month of October.

Advertisement
Watch us close like Goose Gossage in his prime. Rick gonna shock the world.

Guys panicking over losing a 2 star LB to sorry *** Oregon. Addition by subtraction. Watch us flip this ****.

WARNING: Cold hard facts coming your way.

Kids want to be on winning teams. Teams that compete for more than meaningless bowls and third place divisional finishes. You want the best local recruits to commit to The U? Winning is the only way that happens (period). It's a near miracle this staff and the last one had recruiting classes that were still ranked given the actual performance on the field and totals in the W-L column.

And if you don't at least give Richt 2-3 years to show he can do that before questioning his abilities, then I can't help you.

lol at all the porsters getting their panties in a bunch at a thread with legitimate questions. I understand the "wait and see" mantra, but to attack OP for asking a question is stupid. Could the staff close strong? Yes, but they have struggled in some key positions this cycle. No denying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
My main point of this thread was NOT to further bash the staff but to ask the insiders why we were having difficulties with so many recruits.

If you notice the title, it's in the form of a question.

The answer to your original question:

This is the recruiting game. Everyone is going through it. One of my friends is a diehard Michigan fan, and he's been complaining to me about how they're whiffing on a bunch of targets. This is with Jim Harbaugh in place and coming off back-to-back 10-win seasons. But at the same time their class is good overall.

Some guys are going to bail. Some unexpected guys will sign. Who thought Corn Elder was coming in '13? Who even knew who he was?

So many factors at play. Some kids getting paid. Some kids following a coach. Some kids following a teammate. Some kids we got on too late.

I think our class (and staff) will be judged on how we finish. Until then, it's hard to tell where the "problems" are.

Staff is terrible outside of coach kool

I have to say that Kool is a certified gem. We've gotta pay whatever it takes to keep him from getting poached by another squad. The complete package, coaching & recruiting at the most crucial position on defense, especially given our scheme.

Advertisement
Why do people think the staff would share everything they are up to? You don't think they aren't working behind the scenes to flip kids? You don't think they have a few silents in their pocket? You can't judge this cycle until after NSD. Richt has been signing top talent for years, I think he knows what he's doing.

GEORGIA
Average rank: 8th.
The Bulldogs were 11th in 2013; that’s the only time in the past five years they have been outside the top 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Why is everyone hating on OP?

Nobody can deny this recruiting cycle is a disappointment and similar to what we witnessed under Golden.

I don't understand it man.

It's clear as day that there is an issue. Notice how none of the real hardcore, well respected posters have joined in on the bashing. They know I'm speaking facts. The rest of the crew just wanna gang up for whatever reason. We'll see who's right come NSD.

It's a disaster if it stays as is and we get no receivers and the Oline guys go. The problem is that you are overreacting right now because we still have 3 weeks left and things get real fluid quickly at this point. Look at Byrd flipping away last year at this time.

We have Jeff Thomas and Paris Ford coming now for visits out of left field. It's only fair to give Richt until the close of signing day before assessing the job his staff did. Rumph doesn't look so good with AH but overall, you're jumping the gun 3 weeks early. If it stays the same after NSD, everyone will rip Richt for it.
I just happen to disagree with u. I don't think is a disaster. got the number 1 tackle recruit we wanted in donaldons. right now have gaynor and Hillary at g/c and at wr are thing in numbers but are in on a couple guys and njoku looks to be a stud what is the point of just adding guys for numbers if they won't ever play.

I think they are fine at db lb is a luxary, and doing well there are doing well on d line also. they went into season only wanting one dt have changed minds maybe but only gonna take 2 at most anyways. the guys we have commited are pretty good players despite there star rating and while its not a top 5 class at the moment it is top 12 according to 247

so its not a disaster a disaster is what has happened at florida the last 2 yrs with mcelwain as they ended up in the 30s. that's bad. recruiting rankings matter if u can coach the kids up but otherwise not so much zook had top 5 classes at florida but couldn't win more then 8 games. same with the guy at south Carolina, we have guys can coach them up when get here.

What we do know is recruiting plys and enormous role in winning championships and we right now just are not even competitive from a recruiting stand point

Advertisement
Back