Pete, D$, etc....what seems to be the issue with this staff?

Advertisement
What we do know is recruiting plys and enormous role in winning championships and we right now just are not even competitive from a recruiting stand point

yes recruiting matters but top 5 vs top 15 isn't that big a deal now top 5 to top 30 that's not competitive. if u are close to a top 10 class and u aren't even at signing day its not a disaster.

lsu has top 5 classes every year but has struggled to find a qb.

Miami has 2 possible stud qbs in perry and Weldon they got Donaldson a stud at ot, also got 2 other oline guys who will be players here in couple years, they got dj Johnson one of best de in country, garvin who could be a stud as edge rusher, and ford a raw but very talented dt,

then u throw in dj dallas, the safety commits and the 3 lbs and this is a very good class. its not a horrible Miami is falling off a cliff class. its a solid class, yes wr recruiting looks bad with only 1 and missing on some guys but if can add Thomas and if we get lucky and get smith then this class wont look so bad and id rather come in with 1 stud in njoku then just add guys for numbers who in 2 yrs will transfer out because aren't Miami quality

people are looking at this class though guys we missed instead of the kid have landed as well as all the ee coming. this is a good class solid the type of class champions are built on. I expect them to be even better next yr as continue to Improve on field come signing day about class all u want and ill admit at time if don't get a couple wr's that maybe dugans needs to change his pitch. but are doing ok everywhere else even oline

people look at guys may miss on oline in slaton who doesn't even want to play oline and Herbert and even telfort who coaches stopped recruiting and are like the sky is falling just wait it out. its not falling its a solid class at the moment with a chance to be top 10

What we do know is recruiting plys and enormous role in winning championships and we right now just are not even competitive from a recruiting stand point

yes recruiting matters but top 5 vs top 15 isn't that big a deal now top 5 to top 30 that's not competitive. if u are close to a top 10 class and u aren't even at signing day its not a disaster.

lsu has top 5 classes every year but has struggled to find a qb.

Miami has 2 possible stud qbs in perry and Weldon they got Donaldson a stud at ot, also got 2 other oline guys who will be players here in couple years, they got dj Johnson one of best de in country, garvin who could be a stud as edge rusher, and ford a raw but very talented dt,

then u throw in dj dallas, the safety commits and the 3 lbs and this is a very good class. its not a horrible Miami is falling off a cliff class. its a solid class, yes wr recruiting looks bad with only 1 and missing on some guys but if can add Thomas and if we get lucky and get smith then this class wont look so bad and id rather come in with 1 stud in njoku then just add guys for numbers who in 2 yrs will transfer out because aren't Miami quality

people are looking at this class though guys we missed instead of the kid have landed as well as all the ee coming. this is a good class solid the type of class champions are built on. I expect them to be even better next yr as continue to Improve on field come signing day about class all u want and ill admit at time if don't get a couple wr's that maybe dugans needs to change his pitch. but are doing ok everywhere else even oline

people look at guys may miss on oline in slaton who doesn't even want to play oline and Herbert and even telfort who coaches stopped recruiting and are like the sky is falling just wait it out. its not falling its a solid class at the moment with a chance to be top 10

I been following for 30 years recruiting, i understand you .. the problem is right now we have lost more guys than we gained look at the top 100 in the state we have to do alot better !!

Advertisement
Example of a kid that played USC and Ohio St. We're not the only ones this ish happens to.

[TWEET]817840400966815747[/TWEET]

Why is everyone hating on OP?

Nobody can deny this recruiting cycle is a disappointment and similar to what we witnessed under Golden.

I don't understand it man.

It's clear as day that there is an issue. Notice how none of the real hardcore, well respected posters have joined in on the bashing. They know I'm speaking facts. The rest of the crew just wanna gang up for whatever reason. We'll see who's right come NSD.

People get real sensitive defending the head coach around here. I could u detest and if your post was a complete bash if the staff. If it wasn't.

I'm hoping we somehow close strong but after the last 8 years of disappointment at signing day I won't hold my breath.

Man tough gig being a realist or thinking critically on this board...

Only thing I can think of with regards to the question is the whole nice guy/ religious stick. I'm sure the kids appreciate the honesty but there are times were you gotta tell em what they want to hear. Examples being Edwards and maybe Slaton were we could have 'played the game' a bit by telling em they can play their position of preference.

Hopefully we close strong and we can put this topic to bed or alternatively we don't close strong and it will be forgotten in the complete meltdown reminiscent of a 5yo throwing a fit cause he wants a juice box...Either way will be interesting for those one this board with some perspective on things.

I did not want Butch Davis. Tom Herman was my number one choice.

When the final three were revealed as Richt, Butch and Mullen my preference was Butch, Richt and then Mullen. But I was not ultra high on any of the three.

What fantasy world are you talking about where those 3 were announced as the finalists? Most reports say the two finalists were Schiano and Mullen. There wasn't much to think about when Richt was fired, we hired him 3 days later.

This is what I hear from everyone that "thinks" they know the ins and outs about recruiting;

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

The majority of the people on this site , complain, give some crappy advise about Bama, Cristobal, preaching Dugans and wonder if any of them bought their season tickets or even attended a game!

Get. Life and Support your CANES!

Advertisement
Yup they're letting Jeudy and Slaton and Herbert and Henderson go.

Don't want 'em. Not takes.

Herbert isn't a gator commit yet. slaton wants to play dt Miami doesn't want him at dt and is being honest with him want him as a guard. Henderson who knows staff is still on him and juedy they got in to late, he was all bama since before richt even got Miami job was just to hard to flip.

Herbert and Slaton have little interest in Miami, per Pete's latest podcast. Henderson is a Gator. Richt had been on Jeudy for well over a year. They put the full court press on McKitty and he still went to the Noles.

These are failures.

What's this well over a year deal with Richt? He got hired on in December of 2015. Golden hadn't even recruited Jeudy which forced Richt to play the catchup game with Bama of all teams.

Richt was recruiting Jeudy at Georgia.

I would imagine that could be a problem for some kids and families. I'd bet Richt recruited a lot of the same kids at UGA and tried to sell them hard and month later he's our HC and has to sit in their living room saying something different.

Plus, there are some kids that no matter what you are just never going to get them to flip or commit. Maybe that just happens to be this batch of kids referenced above. I know no matter what I would never go to UF.

Also, it's hard to say a class is a failure over events that happened over one month just because it's a month before NSD. That doesn't define it a failure. You might have a different perception if the events were more spread out or it happened months ago. And the success or failure will ultimately come down to what happens when the class gets on campus, if they contribute and we win. No one will be talking about Jeudy not coming being a huge fail this coming year or the next if sufficient pieces are in place. Doesn't mean you don't want to land that type of kid but it's not the end all be all.

The same people downvoting this are the guys who defended Golden's abhorrent defense and Richt's abortion of an offense.

The staff's recruiting this cycle has been below average at best, and their recruiting over the last month has been disgraceful.

I wasn't going to downvote you until this post

You don't have him on ignore? Slacking.

Advertisement
Example of a kid that played USC and Ohio St. We're not the only ones this ish happens to.

To be fair you've got to be dumb to pick UCLA over USC. That's a programme on the rise.

I know. I'm just saying, some posters think we're the only ones that this happens to. You think Oregon as is is a better program than Miami? **** no.

I've had my meltdowns on recruiting classes. But I tend to have them after NSD when the dust has settled. We saw what this staff did last year, so let's see what they have once the dead period's over.

To be fair you've got to be dumb to pick UCLA over USC. That's a programme on the rise.

I know. I'm just saying, some posters think we're the only ones that this happens to. You think Oregon as is is a better program than Miami? **** no.

I've had my meltdowns on recruiting classes. But I tend to have them after NSD when the dust has settled. We saw what this staff did last year, so let's see what they have once the dead period's over.

This type of perspective is good for us. We have kids flake on us, lie, entertain nonsense, etc., and we think it's unique to Miami. It's not. This is just the life of a true fanatic.

But the tea leaves are still fun to read. We gettin' Thomas and have a chance with Paris Ford.

We need around nine more 4-stars for me to call this class a success.

We can get there if we land Dean, Edwards, Ford, Conliffe, Slaton, Herbert, Thomas, McFarland, and Smith.

If we land 7 of those kids, I'll think it was a good but not great effort

4 or less would be a dumpster fire

Advertisement
Why do people think the staff would share everything they are up to? You don't think they aren't working behind the scenes to flip kids? You don't think they have a few silents in their pocket? You can't judge this cycle until after NSD. Richt has been signing top talent for years, I think he knows what he's doing.

GEORGIA
Average rank: 8th.
The Bulldogs were 11th in 2013; that’s the only time in the past five years they have been outside the top 10.

Hope so but anyobe whos followed our recent history in recruiting would have legitimate reason to be skeptical.

We need around nine more 4-stars for me to call this class a success.

We can get there if we land Dean, Edwards, Ford, Conliffe, Slaton, Herbert, Thomas, McFarland, and Smith.

If we land 7 of those kids, I'll think it was a good but not great effort

4 or less would be a dumpster fire

:monkey-serious:

^4 of those kids lands us a top 10 class lol

No way that's true. We have around 6 blue chip recruits right now, Alabama has 21, Georgia has like 17, etc

I like the guys we have committed, but we're still a ways from a legit top 10 class just due to not having enough of the elite national guys committed at the moment

I'm hopeful the staff can pull off a great signing day though

Advertisement
Back