Pete, D$, etc....what seems to be the issue with this staff?

If they don't have it em to be Canes, then why would anybody want them here; I say GTFO and let the door hit you in the ***. We need rabid dogs here that are going to lay it on the line, and not candy asses

Advertisement
We need around nine more 4-stars for me to call this class a success.

We can get there if we land Dean, Edwards, Ford, Conliffe, Slaton, Herbert, Thomas, McFarland, and Smith.

If we land 7 of those kids, I'll think it was a good but not great effort

4 or less would be a dumpster fire

9 more 4*!!!! Lmao that ain't happening

This is what happens when Richt tells his coaches to take some time off and recharge the batteries with family time. You really think Saban lets Mario recharge his batteries? You think Meyers sitting at home chilling w the wife not doing anything? I am a huge Richt fan but my concerns from day one was does he still have the fire in em to get **** done especially down here in the cesspool we call south florida... The dead period just simply prevents in person contact it doesn't prevent texting, calling, social media, etc. So while Dugans is preaching at his local church, coaches at every school are hitting up our commits/targets on the regular putting thoughts in there heads. They should be telling Edwards he can play corner, they should be on the minds of herbert/slaton 24/7, they should be lining up tutors for Thomas, they should be sending film of LSU's and Bama's offense to Smith to show them how well they use there Wr's, etc.

Exactly. When I heard him say he gave hisbstaff a week off after the bowl I was blown away.

Take as long as you want after signing day, but ffs this is prime recruiting season.

Richt ain't hungry enough imo. He's a good coach who loves the relationships, but winning isn't everything to him anymore. And that's not good for us.

Oh well - this ride will be infinitely more fun than the Coker, shannon, and golden days. Plus the school/alum will invest a lot more money with Richt than the last 3 clowns, which can only help us after he retires.

Yeah? Is that why two Under Armour All-Americans have decided they're taking visits to Miami? They've both made those decisions in the last week. The whole staff asleep at the wheel though.

Exactly. It's mind boggling how utterly stupid some posters. I think some think because Richt and staff don't conference them into calls to recruits, that they don't happen and staff is not working. Imbeciles...

We need around nine more 4-stars for me to call this class a success.

We can get there if we land Dean, Edwards, Ford, Conliffe, Slaton, Herbert, Thomas, McFarland, and Smith.

If we land 7 of those kids, I'll think it was a good but not great effort

4 or less would be a dumpster fire

9 more 4*!!!! Lmao that ain't happening

Never say never

Alabama has 21 committed right now so...

if you think our staff has been sitting back doing nothing with all this tom foolery going on.....nuh uh. they have been in the recruiting war room since boxing day strategizing and planning in homes, new targets, and stealing kroots from other unexpecting programs. **** is really gonna pop off next week with surprise visitors and dudes most of us had already written off.

this will be our best signing day in a long LONG time.

dudes think because it's not on the CIS boards or public knowledge that it's not going on...

Advertisement
This is what happens when Richt tells his coaches to take some time off and recharge the batteries with family time. You really think Saban lets Mario recharge his batteries? You think Meyers sitting at home chilling w the wife not doing anything? I am a huge Richt fan but my concerns from day one was does he still have the fire in em to get **** done especially down here in the cesspool we call south florida... The dead period just simply prevents in person contact it doesn't prevent texting, calling, social media, etc. So while Dugans is preaching at his local church, coaches at every school are hitting up our commits/targets on the regular putting thoughts in there heads. They should be telling Edwards he can play corner, they should be on the minds of herbert/slaton 24/7, they should be lining up tutors for Thomas, they should be sending film of LSU's and Bama's offense to Smith to show them how well they use there Wr's, etc.

Exactly. When I heard him say he gave hisbstaff a week off after the bowl I was blown away.

Take as long as you want after signing day, but ffs this is prime recruiting season.

Richt ain't hungry enough imo. He's a good coach who loves the relationships, but winning isn't everything to him anymore. And that's not good for us.

Oh well - this ride will be infinitely more fun than the Coker, shannon, and golden days. Plus the school/alum will invest a lot more money with Richt than the last 3 clowns, which can only help us after he retires.

Yeah? Is that why two Under Armour All-Americans have decided they're taking visits to Miami? They've both made those decisions in the last week. The whole staff asleep at the wheel though.

Exactly. It's mind boggling how utterly stupid some posters. I think some think because Richt and staff don't conference them into calls to recruits, that they don't happen and staff is not working. Imbeciles...

They act like their opinions matter too. We need this many 4* or blah, blah, blah.... Then they're the most brolic when the D plays lights-out and we start winning games... At least it's good to know whomever []_[] get the coaches know what to do with them.

What we do know is recruiting plys and enormous role in winning championships and we right now just are not even competitive from a recruiting stand point

yes recruiting matters but top 5 vs top 15 isn't that big a deal now top 5 to top 30 that's not competitive. if u are close to a top 10 class and u aren't even at signing day its not a disaster.

lsu has top 5 classes every year but has struggled to find a qb.

Miami has 2 possible stud qbs in perry and Weldon they got Donaldson a stud at ot, also got 2 other oline guys who will be players here in couple years, they got dj Johnson one of best de in country, garvin who could be a stud as edge rusher, and ford a raw but very talented dt,

then u throw in dj dallas, the safety commits and the 3 lbs and this is a very good class. its not a horrible Miami is falling off a cliff class. its a solid class, yes wr recruiting looks bad with only 1 and missing on some guys but if can add Thomas and if we get lucky and get smith then this class wont look so bad and id rather come in with 1 stud in njoku then just add guys for numbers who in 2 yrs will transfer out because aren't Miami quality

people are looking at this class though guys we missed instead of the kid have landed as well as all the ee coming. this is a good class solid the type of class champions are built on. I expect them to be even better next yr as continue to Improve on field come signing day about class all u want and ill admit at time if don't get a couple wr's that maybe dugans needs to change his pitch. but are doing ok everywhere else even oline

people look at guys may miss on oline in slaton who doesn't even want to play oline and Herbert and even telfort who coaches stopped recruiting and are like the sky is falling just wait it out. its not falling its a solid class at the moment with a chance to be top 10

I been following for 30 years recruiting, i understand you .. the problem is right now we have lost more guys than we gained look at the top 100 in the state we have to do alot better !!

signing day is 3 weeks away. Relax and let it play.

^4 of those kids lands us a top 10 class lol

No way that's true. We have around 6 blue chip recruits right now, Alabama has 21, Georgia has like 17, etc

I like the guys we have committed, but we're still a ways from a legit top 10 class just due to not having enough of the elite national guys committed at the moment

I'm hopeful the staff can pull off a great signing day though

On ESPN it takes about 12 4 stars and 13 3 stars to hit number 10. On 247 your class score has to hit a little over 250. Getting 4 of the guys you mentioned gets us 13 4 stars and a class score around 260. It isn't a top 2 class but it would be ranked in the 8-11 range and is hardly a dumpster fire

Advertisement
^4 of those kids lands us a top 10 class lol

No way that's true. We have around 6 blue chip recruits right now, Alabama has 21, Georgia has like 17, etc

I like the guys we have committed, but we're still a ways from a legit top 10 class just due to not having enough of the elite national guys committed at the moment

I'm hopeful the staff can pull off a great signing day though

On ESPN it takes about 12 4 stars and 13 3 stars to hit number 10. On 247 your class score has to hit a little over 250. Getting 4 of the guys you mentioned gets us 13 4 stars and a class score around 260. It isn't a top 2 class but it would be ranked in the 8-11 range and is hardly a dumpster fire

I'll use other words then. If we only get 4 more, then the class is an Al Golden level effort.

But as I said, I believe Mark Richt will finish strong

Why don't yall just assign grades

OFFENSE:

QB: Perry and Weldon - Grade: A
RB: Burns - Grade: C+ If we add McFarland this RB hauls grades as A-
WR: Njoku - Grade: D- we are likely to add Pouncey. And if we also get 1 of Smith or Thomas this is a B/B+
TE: Polendey - Grade: C
OL: Donaldson, Dykstra, Gaynor, Hillary - Grade: B+ Not likely to get Slaton or Herbert, but if we get one this bumps to A-

Defense:

DE: Johnson, Garvin - Grade: B+
DT: Ford - Grade: C If we get Conliffe or another suprise DT, which isn't out of question B-
LB: Steed, Wilder, Jennings - Grade: B+
CB: Bandy, Dallas - Grade: B- If we get Brian Edwards, B+ Dean makes this a B+
S: Carter, Smith - Grade: C+ If we get Paris Ford to replace Gibson, B

Current Class overall Grade: B- Potential Grade: B+

Last edited:

OFFENSE:

WR: Njoku - Grade: D- we are likely to add Pouncey. And if we also get 1 of Smith or Thomas this is a B/B+
OL: Donaldson, Dykstra, Gaynor, Hillary - Grade: B+ Not likely to get Slaton or Herbert, but if we get one this bumps to A-

Defense:

DE: Johnson, Garvin - Grade: B
DT: Ford - Grade: C If we get Conliffe or another suprise DT, which isn't out of question B-
CB: Bandy, Dallas - Grade: B- If we get Brian Edwards, B+

Dafug you smoking? Your defensive grades are utter trash. lol. The DE grade is an A+. If he sticks, Ford is elite and makes DT a B just by himself. Bandy and Dallas equals a B-????? These are two ***king 4 star kids that are highly recruited. Carter and Smith are C+?????? :laughing-1::laughing-1:

Advertisement
The truth is Miami will never be "back" if this is what our recruiting classes look like going forward. I cringe at saying I'm giving this staff a first year pass because that's a golden-esque line but I do have confidence that the '18 class will look much different and more in line with what we should be doing going forward. If it's the same old story next season then we are in some serious trouble.

OFFENSE:

Defense:

I think you're close, but I would give our current OL class a "D" (it's Donaldson and a bunch of projects), and I would bump our DE rating to an A

OFFENSE:

Defense:

Dafug you smoking? Your defensive grades are utter trash. lol. The DE grade is an A+. If he sticks, Ford is elite and makes DT a B just by himself. Bandy and Dallas equals a B-????? These are two ***king 4 star kids that are highly recruited. Carter and Smith are C+?????? :laughing-1::laughing-1:

i don't see the problem with his grades maybe outside of DE but the others are on point. We whiffed at CB and Safety, I'm not saying I don't like what we have there because I really like all them guys but there is no top playmaker that we needed.

Advertisement

OFFENSE:

Defense:

Dafug you smoking? Your defensive grades are utter trash. lol. The DE grade is an A+. If he sticks, Ford is elite and makes DT a B just by himself. Bandy and Dallas equals a B-????? These are two ***king 4 star kids that are highly recruited. Carter and Smith are C+??????

I would have thought most people though I overgraded, not undergraded, lol.
Anyway, Johnson is very good. But hes not a program changer. I think he's a Chad Thomas kinda guy as opposed to a Joe Jackson. Yes he can be a very good SDE or even DT, but Don't think he will ever be the key pass rusher. I think Garvin is more likely to be that guy tbh. But Garvin is pretty raw, I expect him to get a RS. (Then again Jackson was raw and athletic last year too). I understand a B+ and maybe even a A- if you made a convincing case, but definitely no higher. I don't think I'm as high on Johnson right now.

And I definitely think Bandy and Dallas make a B-. Especially in a year we desperately need DB help. Plus Dallas wont even be a full time CB! If you think they deserve to be a B+/A-, next years cb class will get a Hall Of Fame grade. if landing like 4 studs next year at cb is an A+, landing Bandy and Dallas this year really isn't even close.
As for my safety grades, well I just don't think Smith is good at safety. I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up a LB eventually. Carter's good, and might start out of need.

Last edited:

OFFENSE:

Defense:

I think you're close, but I would give our current OL class a "D" (it's Donaldson and a bunch of projects), and I would bump our DE rating to an A

Disagree about the OL. Donaldson I think will end up our starting RG at some point this season, and maybe be a future Tackle if he can get his weight under control. I also think Gaynor is good and underrated. He looks like hes going to be our starting Center some day. I also like Dykstra, and those country bred lineman are nothing to mess with plus hes got some athleticism to him. Wouldn't surprise me for him to beat out all those RSFR we got on the OL. I like Hillary the least. Herbert is very important because we need tackles.

If I was to grade them, I would grade them based off need and what we got coming in.

QB (Need someone to Compete This Year to start): A
-Got 2 players who could compete for the job

RB (Need Someone to Compete Next Year): B-
-Got an Injured RB who could be great, but can't count on him until he proves it. Grade is an A if McFarland signs.

WR (Need a Starter, and Depth): D
-Got 1 player, who has potential, but doubt he replaces Coley in Year 1. Also need quality bodies. Could still finish with an A if we add 2-3 guys like Thomas, Smith, and Pouncey.

OL (Need someone elite to take a Tackle spot, and add compete for Guard Starting Spot): B
-Got a stud who could be an RT and maybe even an LT of the future...but no phenoms who we know FOR SURE could fix our LT problem. Regardless, we still added much needed quality bodies and a great tackle to top it off.

DE (Need bodies to develop for rotational roles): A+
-We are picking up an End with huge upside and loads of production, along with another End who is a beast and could be used in multiple spots. Adding anymore bodies would just be stacking chips at this point.

DT (Need bodies to develop for important roles next year): B
-We are adding a big DE, who could naturally grow into a DT, and has alot of upside. However, as he is now, can't really claim this an elite haul with the only body being a project with upside.

LB (Need bodies to compete for rotational roles): A
-Got 3 talented backers, but none are elite enough to say this is an A+. Don't need any great LB's for another year, so won't knock the grade.

CB (Needed multiple bodies to compete to start now): C+
-Need 2-3 quality CB's who can push a starting job, but we got 1 true CB and 1 project CB, both could be great but nothing guarantee'd. This could be a B+ if we add Jhavontae Dean, but we need another body.

S (Need an elite body to start opposite of JJ): B
-I think Smith and Carter could both compete with the upperclassman to start opposite of JJ, but we still need another body to push JJ before I call this an A.

With our biggest needs being: An Elite CB, S, Tackle, WR...we didn't really get an elite haul at any of those positions (Donaldson is the truth, but we need more than one). I would give this class a C+ As it is right now. I would still consider this an A- class if we added McFarland, Dean, Ford, an OL, and 2 WR's.

If I was to grade them, I would grade them based off need and what we got coming in.

QB (Need someone to Compete This Year to start): A
-Got 2 players who could compete for the job

RB (Need Someone to Compete Next Year): B-
-Got an Injured RB who could be great, but can't count on him until he proves it. Grade is an A if McFarland signs.

WR (Need a Starter, and Depth): D
-Got 1 player, who has potential, but doubt he replaces Coley in Year 1. Also need quality bodies. Could still finish with an A if we add 2-3 guys like Thomas, Smith, and Pouncey.

OL (Need someone elite to take a Tackle spot, and add compete for Guard Starting Spot): B
-Got a stud who could be an RT and maybe even an LT of the future...but no phenoms who we know FOR SURE could fix our LT problem. Regardless, we still added much needed quality bodies and a great tackle to top it off.

DE (Need bodies to develop for rotational roles): A+
-We are picking up an End with huge upside and loads of production, along with another End who is a beast and could be used in multiple spots. Adding anymore bodies would just be stacking chips at this point.

DT (Need bodies to develop for important roles next year): B
-We are adding a big DE, who could naturally grow into a DT, and has alot of upside. However, as he is now, can't really claim this an elite haul with the only body being a project with upside.

LB (Need bodies to compete for rotational roles): A
-Got 3 talented backers, but none are elite enough to say this is an A+. Don't need any great LB's for another year, so won't knock the grade.

CB (Needed multiple bodies to compete to start now): C+
-Need 2-3 quality CB's who can push a starting job, but we got 1 true CB and 1 project CB, both could be great but nothing guarantee'd. This could be a B+ if we add Jhavontae Dean, but we need another body.

S (Need an elite body to start opposite of JJ): B
-I think Smith and Carter could both compete with the upperclassman to start opposite of JJ, but we still need another body to push JJ before I call this an A.

With our biggest needs being: An Elite CB, S, Tackle, WR...we didn't really get an elite haul at any of those positions (Donaldson is the truth, but we need more than one). I would give this class a C+ As it is right now. I would still consider this an A- class if we added McFarland, Dean, Ford, an OL, and 2 WR's.

I like your grades.
Think DE shouldn't be graded higher than a A- though. I don't think Johnson is a Myles Garrett type recruit.
And I like this LB haul but last years haul was an A+, and Id only say Steed is up there, but he injured, so who knows how he will return. So comparing last class to this one I think its a full letter grade lower.
Also, I completely forgot about Dean for some reason. So I'll just add that if we get Dean to pair with Bandy and Dallas, I think this cb class becomes a B+ because I think Dean and Bandy would start for us day 1.

Advertisement
Back