Pete, D$, etc....what seems to be the issue with this staff?

Advertisement
grading recruits before they play unless u are an actual scout is stupid. its like given draft grades out before they ever play a down. u have to see kids play and how they impact a team to know how a class will turn out. and it usually takes 2-3 yrs to know for sure.

What sucks is I came to this board as the old scout site had gotten horrible but despite about to have our best class in a 5-8 years ( though not good enough for UM level but until we win it won't get elite) this board has become littered with es who whine and don't understand the ebb and flow of recruiting .

grading recruits before they play unless u are an actual scout is stupid. its like given draft grades out before they ever play a down. u have to see kids play and how they impact a team to know how a class will turn out. and it usually takes 2-3 yrs to know for sure.

Why are you even in a recruiting board if it doesn't matter?

According to you it wouldn't matter if we got all 1 star guys because it takes 2-3 years to be able to grade them.

What sucks is I came to this board as the old scout site had gotten horrible but despite about to have our best class in a 5-8 years ( though not good enough for UM level but until we win it won't get elite) this board has become littered with es who whine and don't understand the ebb and flow of recruiting .

This class as currently constructed is not even better than last year's class, much less the best of the last 5-8 years.

Advertisement

This class as currently constructed is not even better than last year's class, much less the best of the last 5-8 years.

:monkey-serious:

dude what? This class may not be great but it's helluva lot better than the pass 8 years.

dude what? This class may not be great but it's helluva lot better than the pass 8 years.

Look over last year's class and then look at what we currently have committed and tell me with a straight face that last year's isn't better.

Feel free to sit out the discussion then. I suspect other people feel differently from you.

Advertisement

Look over last year's class and then look at what we currently have committed and tell me with a straight face that last year's isn't better.

DB - unclear. Finley, James, Young, Wright vs. A. carter, Smith, bandy + ???
LB - '16 > '17
DL - Modest edge to '17 (Johnson, Garvin, Ford vs. J. Jackson, Bethel, Martin)
OL - '17 > '16 but neither class is enough for our needs
TE - '16 > '17
WR - '16 > '17
RB - depends on mcfarland
QB - '17 > '16 on numbers; Allison rated equally to Perry on Rivals
ST - '17 > '16 (Feagles)

man whatever. that first class of golden recruits brought in filled with supposed "butch like three star recruits" according to chili dog nerd posters was terrible. the best players in that class and only guys drafted into the league where the high rated south florida kids. Deon Bush, Ereck Flowers, and Duke johson. Lol i remember when dumb *** motherfuvkers where saying golden losing Amari cooper was no big deal.

Why is everyone hating on OP?

Nobody can deny this recruiting cycle is a disappointment and similar to what we witnessed under Golden.

The Recruiting Board has turned into the Football Board post 2013 when folks were critical of the head coach after dropping games to teams like Dook and Folden's ****** fckboys rushed to his aide to defend their man.

Anyone critical of Folden was castigated as a bleeding ****** for not having faith in the head coach, with folks citing the program's "improvement" during his tenure (lulz). Anyone with eyes and a brain could see the program had not improved, but people tend to get real triggered when the head coach is criticized.

The Bottom Line is that thus far this recruiting class is very disappointing. Even if we close with a combination of McFarland/Thomas/Herbert/Slaton/Smith (and anyone thinking we close with all of those recruits is a fcking moron), this is still not the type of class you would expect from a coach who should have the first year recruiting bump.

Particular positions, such as WR, have been a complete disaster. It's why we are considering transfers like Holmes, a dude who couldn't sniff the field for a shltty 4-8 team.

Blue chip recruits make a difference in the long run and there is no consolation prize for finishing second for kids, like Jeudy. Unless Richt somehow lands a few hail marys, the class is disappointing.

These last few weeks have been an unmitigated disaster. So what is the issue with this staff?

Do they not relate well with kids? Do they not communicate well with coaches? Is it a $$$ bag issue?

Why can't we seem to get, and then keep, our targets?

most of this staff are from georgia or someone else, should have brought in more florida ties or kept some of the high school connections like harris.
most of the staff are from georgia

Advertisement

According to you it wouldn't matter if we got all 1 star guys because it takes 2-3 years to be able to grade them.

grading the units before. u can establish if teams are getting players expected to contribute or not. stars serve the purpose for guru's but coaches actually scout these kids. I just said for us the people who aren't scouts its stupid. scouts grade these kids on film on combines. on seeing in person not some hudl highlights.

I am just saying I trust the coaches more then u. or anyone on this board to grade the players they are after.

grading the units before. u can establish if teams are getting players expected to contribute or not. stars serve the purpose for guru's but coaches actually scout these kids. I just said for us the people who aren't scouts its stupid. scouts grade these kids on film on combines. on seeing in person not some hudl highlights.

I am just saying I trust the coaches more then u. or anyone on this board to grade the players they are after.

so, because you trust the coaches what grade should i give them? an A for everything?
The fact is a hl tape can tell you alot. if i dont even like someones hl tape, that to me means they arent that good (in my opinion). if in their hl tape they look slow, it tells me they may not have speed to suceed at miami. hl tapes show your best plays, so i can watch it and make at least a decent assesment on the quality of player we are getging.

and im not saying trust my evaluation over the coaches. but just because our coaches have these commits doesnt mean they deserve an A grade. we also know for a fact jeudy was #1wr on their board but we didnt get him. then we missed on holloman, and currently only have njoku. so im not just taking evaluation into account, im taking who they wanted, who was available, and who we got out of that pool.

Advertisement

Nobody can deny this recruiting cycle is a disappointment and similar to what we witnessed under Golden.

The Recruiting Board has turned into the Football Board post 2013 when folks were critical of the head coach after dropping games to teams like Dook and Folden's ****** fckboys rushed to his aide to defend their man.

Anyone critical of Folden was castigated as a bleeding ****** for not having faith in the head coach, with folks citing the program's "improvement" during his tenure (lulz). Anyone with eyes and a brain could see the program had not improved, but people tend to get real triggered when the head coach is criticized.

The Bottom Line is that thus far this recruiting class is very disappointing. Even if we close with a combination of McFarland/Thomas/Herbert/Slaton/Smith (and anyone thinking we close with all of those recruits is a fcking moron), this is still not the type of class you would expect from a coach who should have the first year recruiting bump.

Particular positions, such as WR, have been a complete disaster. It's why we are considering transfers like Holmes, a dude who couldn't sniff the field for a shltty 4-8 team.

Blue chip recruits make a difference in the long run and there is no consolation prize for finishing second for kids, like Jeudy. Unless Richt somehow lands a few hail marys, the class is disappointing.

You're pretty much on the money. But if we close with all the guys you mentioned then this will be a helluva class. I doubt we land more than two of those kids though.

You're pretty much on the money. But if we close with all the guys you mentioned then this will be a helluva class. I doubt we land more than two of those kids though.

yeah finishing with a 5* Wr, and another wr ranked in the top 105 by every service easily makes this wr class very good. and adding herbert and slaton would make this an excellent ol class.
adding dean and mcfarland which are extremely likely also significantly improve this class.
all of these guys we are after a highly ranked, many of them higher rankedvthan the guys we currently have

yeah finishing with a 5* Wr, and another wr ranked in the top 105 by every service easily makes this wr class very good. and adding herbert and slaton would make this an excellent ol class.
adding dean and mcfarland which are extremely likely also significantly improve this class.
all of these guys we are after a highly ranked, many of them higher rankedvthan the guys we currently have

Except landing Thomas, Smith, Herbert, and Slaton isn't going to happen. UM isn't going to land all 4 of those guys.

At this point, even landing 1 of them seems optimistic given where UM stands with each. McFarland and Dean are the two most likely to end up in this class and both, especially McFarland, are very good pickups.

But the big picture is that this class isn't up to par with what you would expect with a coach from the SEC who has traditionally landed very good recruiting classes. Combine that with what you expect from a first year bump and the fact we finished on a five-game winning streak and you start seeing the red flags. OP brought this up and has been blasted because people are hyper-sensitive toward the criticism of recruiting efforts of this staff. Acknowledging this class as disappointing isn't an incorrect assertion; people just need to take off the rose-colored glasses.

Last edited:

Except landing Thomas, Smith, Herbert, and Slaton isn't going to happen. UM isn't going to land all 4 of those guys.

At this point, even landing 1 of them seems optimistic given where UM stands with each. McFarland and Dean are the two most likely to end up in this class and both, especially McFarland, are very good pickups.

But the big picture is that this class isn't up to par with what you would expect with a coach from the SEC who has traditionally landed very good recruiting classes. Combine that with what you expect from a first year bump and the fact we finished on a five-game winning streak and you start seeing the red flags. OP brought this up and has been blasted because people are hyper-sensitive toward the criticism of recruiting efforts of this staff. Acknowledging this class as disappointing isn't an incorrect assertion; people just need to take off the rose-colored glasses.

but you said even if we did get all of those guys this class would still be a dissapointment, and thats just not true.

A lot of our commits are confident we flip Paris Ford. Slaton isnt going to happen because for some reason he cant accept that hes an OL not a DT. But I think we have a very solid shot with Smith and Thomas at WR, and we are likely gunna get Pouncey

Advertisement
Back