New uniform material and more? (official)

Anyone have any idea when these jerseys are gonna be available for purchase? I looked on fanatics and the canes fan shop but it’s still last seasons jersey style. I looked up Texas Techs new fan jerseys and it looks much better than what adidas previously put out for fans. Hoping we get better jersey material this season!

Usually August at the earliest.

Advertisement
@Rellyrell is this good or bad? Honestly, no clue.

Indiana Student Body was hoping they would make a switch, but I confidently told them that wouldn’t happen. Lol

This has nothing to do w/ us & everything to do w/ IU x Adidas. Indiana is a not a very good brand across any sport. They r stuck in the 80’s, & they value themselves more than their actual value is.

Indiana Student Body was hoping they would make a switch, but I confidently told them that wouldn’t happen. Lol

This has nothing to do w/ us & everything to do w/ IU x Adidas. Indiana is a not a very good brand across any sport. They r stuck in the 80’s, & they value themselves more than their actual value is.

Once he reads these latest posts, @calinative umstudent 's head will explode.

Indiana taking LESS MONEY upfront. "The vast majority fo it coming in the form of product."

Holy ****, I'm going to bust a gut laughing.

Indiana taking LESS MONEY upfront. "The vast majority fo it coming in the form of product."

Indiana does move merchandise, I will give their fans that. Anyways, u can’t tell bro nothing…he’s right in his own mind, & continually makes my state look bad.

Advertisement

I really don’t even know what point you think you’re making. Did you read the article? This “less money upfront” is entirely different to how you have been using upfront money - which has always been in the context of guaranteed pay vs backend royalties lol. This article makes literally zero mention about any backend payments.

Oh wait that’s right you think I’m/everyone else is dumb and haven’t been talking cash+equipment TOTAL VALUE the entire time lol. You see how they are putting a $ value to the equipment? lol I wouldn’t be saying IU is only getting a $600k/yr from adidas just cause the equipment is accounting for the other $4.9M/yr lol. This is a $5.4M/yr deal regardless what the equipment vs cash % allocation is.

Indiana does move merchandise, I will give their fans that. Anyways, u can’t tell bro nothing…he’s right in his own mind, & continually makes my state look bad.
Your state huh? Dam Nikes stipend check must have got lost in the mail to me

I really don’t even know what point you think you’re making. Did you read the article? This “less money upfront” is entirely different to how you have been using upfront money - which has always been in the context of guaranteed pay vs backend royalties lol. This article makes literally zero mention about any backend payments.

Oh wait that’s right you think I’m/everyone else is dumb and haven’t been talking cash+equipment TOTAL VALUE the entire time lol. You see how they are putting a $ value to the equipment? lol I wouldn’t be saying IU is only getting a $600k/yr from adidas just cause the equipment is accounting for the other $4.9M/yr lol. This is a $5.4M/yr deal regardless what the equipment vs cash % allocation is.

You just keep moving the goalposts.

Every. Single. Time. I have spoken of total comp, it has been in the context of CASH GUARANTEE plus CASH ROYALTY RATE. I have never brought up the non-cash equipment comp in terms of comparing what adidas offered Miami and what Nike offered Miami.

But here you are, right on time, to tell us how Indiana is now RIIIIICH, ***** on equipment and apparel...

1720821804710.webp

You just keep moving the goalposts.

Every. Single. Time. I have spoken of total comp, it has been in the context of CASH GUARANTEE plus ROYALTY RATE. I have never brought up the equipment in terms of comparing what adidas offered Miami and what Nike offered Miami.

But here you are, right on time, to tell us how Indiana is now RIIIIICH, ***** on equipment and apparel...

View attachment 294769
Right…so have I lol. Thats why I don’t at all get your point? I have always been talking total value. Guaranteed cash/equipment+ predicted/probable backend royalties. When I talk about the money/pay/ whatever involving our contract that has 100% been what I have been talking about. Or have you been just completely misinterpreting what I’ve been arguing about the entire discussion? lol I really hope not.

Anyways, again I ask what is your point regarding your original comment with the IU contract? Because the article says literally Nothing about backend sales/royalties. If anything this is just another school going with the same type of contract of just getting it all up front lol. The equipment vs cash allocation is irrelevant to the discussion as you just agreed to. Or maybe your entire point just that because IU is doing that it is a bad contract breakdown? Idk

Advertisement
Right…so have I lol. Thats why I don’t at all get your point? I have always been talking total value. Guaranteed cash/equipment+ predicted/probable backend royalties. When I talk about the money/pay/ whatever involving our contract that has 100% been what I have been talking about. Or have you been just completely misinterpreting what I’ve been arguing about the entire discussion? lol I really hope not.

Anyways, again I ask what is your point regarding your original comment with the IU contract? Because the article says literally Nothing about backend sales/royalties. If anything this is just another school going with the same type of contract of just getting it all up front lol. The equipment vs cash allocation is irrelevant to the discussion as you just agreed to. Or maybe your entire point just that because IU is doing that it is a bad contract breakdown? Idk

It's about more than that, though. I realize I've battered your terrible arguments so frequently and thoroughly that you are too punch-drunk to remember your own stupid points, so I'll remind you.

You acted like a school should NEVER take less guaranteed money, but that's what happened with Indiana.

You acted like other forms of compensation BESIDES a guarantee of cash were terrible, but now you are BRAGGING about how equipment/apparel RICH Indiana will be under this amazing deal.

But, yeah, suddenly you are acting like NOT getting a ton of money from an apparel contract is OK. You are such a joke, after arguing FOR YEARS that Miami should have DEIFINITELY taken the contract that paid the MOST GUARANTEED MONEY, and that Nike was EVIL for not offering us a larger guaranteed cash payment.

Suddenly everything is different.

Hilarious.

It's about more than that, though. I realize I've battered your terrible arguments so frequently and thoroughly that you are too punch-drunk to remember your own stupid points, so I'll remind you.

You acted like a school should NEVER take less guaranteed money, but that's what happened with Indiana.

You acted like other forms of compensation BESIDES a guarantee of cash were terrible, but now you are BRAGGING about how equipment/apparel RICH Indiana will be under this amazing deal.

But, yeah, suddenly you are acting like NOT getting a ton of money from an apparel contract is OK. You are such a joke, after arguing FOR YEARS that Miami should have DEIFINITELY taken the contract that paid the MOST GUARANTEED MONEY, and that Nike was EVIL for not offering us a larger guaranteed cash payment.

Hilarious.

It’s amazing how arguments shift when new info comes to light, info that’s been freely shared for a while now.

Hilarious.
Sounds like a bunch of lies to me. I’ve acted like you should NEVER take less guaranteed money? lol. First of all I never said that. I’ve said there are absolutely scenarios where more upfront and less on backend is better than less upfront with more on backend. It entirely depends on what you think probability of hitting your backend targets are and how high they are to outpace the higher upfront offer. Pretty simple, and I think the adidas offer fits that scenario gs the offer we had on the table from Nike. I mean you, rely tell, and ******* Nike basically already have agreed with that multiple times - and I’ve literally already shown the pictures proving that.

Secondly How do you know that’s what happened with Indiana? Sure they may have taken less upfront than their previous deal with Adidas, but you don’t know if Nike was offering them anything better lol. What the **** does it matter if they took less than their last deal if the competition was also offering FAR WORSE. It’s all relative.

I never acted like other forms of compensation were terrible lol. Prove it. How am I BRAGGING about anything regarding Indiana? Did you have an entire argument in your head? lol you’re the one that tagged me. I read the article, did you?

I’m 100% confident you can go back to 2022 when we originally had this discussion and I was NOT making any difference between 100% cash, 100% equipment, or whatever % breakdown in between lol. It was always about the TOTAL VALUE.

I said Nike was some bums for not offering us more money. Why are you acting like you can’t put a price tag on the value of equipment. lol. Again this Adidas IU deal was literally just announced as a $54M deal which is $5.4M over 10 years. $4.9M of that yearly is in equipment. But it is still a ******* $5.4M deal. I have never said we need 100% cash. I want Nike to offer better total compensation than Adidas, Which they didn’t

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think that's a valid criticism. I don't dislike the stripe as-is, but I think locating it lower towards the cuff would have been different from anything we'd have ever had in the past. I wouldn't have minded seeing that.

I'd have even been cool if they made it like a tapered stripe going down towards the armpit...like with that picture you posted with Jaden where his shoulders are tilted forward/down, if the stripe kinda kept that direction and wrapped under/around instead of just cutting off...I dunno if that would look good? But I'd have been interested in seeing what it looked like. I think if the angle was bold enough, it could look good.

Alternative idea - they could have done a fading/dimple pattern on the ends of the stripe so it didn't cut off so abruptly.
Stripe should probably be lower

GS0JDtlWIAA3pWv

Advertisement
Back