New uniform material and more? (official)

Advertisement
Are we not going to rotate orange over white, white over orange, green over white, white over green, storm troopers, & a Miami Night jersey?

I’m trying to follow the logic here b/c it sure look like, from that video, that’s going to be our combos, which would match what went under Diaz, too. Lol. The only thing is we won’t be having the Parley’s like we did under Diaz. Also, I believe he had us rocking all orange a couple of times.
Diaz changed the combos every week. Mario is treating the alternate uniforms (Green and Nights) such as one, where we wear it once a year. Orange/white, the classic Miami look that was established when Miami created its brand identity, will be used primarily.

Pre-1983 that's absolutely true. UM uniforms were all over the place.

That said, I consider the uniform style we won our first 4 NC's in to be our traditional and classic look starting with the '83 uniform below. And that's what we've got going on now with Adidas in a modernized form.

This is our classic and traditional look in my view. And our 2024 uniforms play off it perfectly imo.

View attachment 294544
This is absolutely our classic/traditional look until Nike ruined it because they treated us like a guinea pig. Not defending Adidas but even they acknowledged what Miami should look like and went back to the image everyone perceives us to be.

If you look at Miami’s history, you could argue the U logo isn’t traditional because we changed our helmets and uniforms a hundred times until we found our perfect look. Obviously, that’s not the case.

The 2014 Nike uni’s were our best since the 2000-2003 iteration, I’ll always stand by that. Our players and coaches chose a few dumb color combos that season, but the actually jersey design, tech, quality was unmatched.

Those few games we wore the traditional orange on whites were fire. I felt like those jerseys legit looked like NFL jerseys, they were awesome. I also remember the all whites, paratrooper look that year….FIRE
I love the 2014 design also, simple. And all white always looks great with our helmet IMO. Every time we’ve gone all white it doesn’t matter what design/brand it looks better than every other combo

Advertisement
Appreciate the thoughtful response. Like you, I go back to the early '80s with the team.

My biggest quarrel with the Nike kits in pics 2-7 is that it took us away from our branded look. Every iconic program has a branded look that's decades in the making.

Nike didn't ***** with the trad look for other iconic programs, but they did with us. Alabama didn't change, nor did Texas, USC, FSU, OSU, LSU, UGA, Mich, etc, etc. Nike never went away from the classic look for all those other programs. But Nike changed our branded look pretty radically not only with the uniforms, but also stuff like the "Clam". We stopped looking like the U imo

I believe our classic, traditional graphics were a big part of the creation of our brand. Nike took us away from that. Adidas brought it back. Hence my preference for Adidas

Bottom line for me: Any apparel company that outfits us can play around the edges, but our look should be based on trad '80s/90s, '95-'98 Nike and recent Adidas graphics.

I hear what you are saying, and you are not wrong.

Let me just say this. A lot of what we consider to be "classic" is from the 80s/90s. We did not go to the split-U white helmets and the orange/white/green until more recently than many people think (70s mostly). Most of the programs you cite had similar uniforms for several decades longer. Just pointing that out.

When it comes to the "classic" look of the 1980s, I always laugh when I see Melvin Bratton posting on FaceBook that we need to go with longer sleeves again. Yeah, that's one thing that I don't think is ever coming back.

Yes, our 1980s/early 90s uniforms were simple. We were using Russell for most of the time, not Nike. I do agree that Nike made changes, and maybe the changes were not necessary for our program. But I think that the apparel industry has changed to the point that is now better to have a once-a-year alternate rather than changing the entire uniform every 4 years like we did from the late 1990s to the early 2010s with Nike.

FInally, I want to make a point about the "adidas brought it back" comment. And it covers two main things.

2015 was the first year that adidas made our uniforms, while Golden was still the coach and Beta Blake was still the AD. And they gave us, perhaps, the worst jersey in decades. It wasn't until SOMEONE ELSE arrived (Mark Richt) that he pushed for the return to simplicity. That wasn't an adidas idea. We see what adidas has produced, from the first year to the Parleys and beyond, letting "adidas" get creative with our jerseys has been WORSE than letting Nike get creative with our jerseys.

No, the push to return to simplicity came from Richt. And I'm glad that we stuck with it.

And we can certainly insist on it with Nike. But, ****, imagine doing a few throwbacks to the first few Nike jerseys, but with better material and stitched numbers/letters. Could be fun.

Halloween timeframe games...just sayin...

1720621292297.webp

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are we not going to rotate orange over white, white over orange, green over white, white over green, storm troopers, & a Miami Night jersey?

I’m trying to follow the logic here b/c it sure look like, from that video, that’s going to be our combos, which would match what went under Diaz, too. Lol. The only thing is we won’t be having the Parley’s like we did under Diaz. Also, I believe he had us rocking all orange a couple of times.
How many uniform combos did Oregon roll out during that time frame....

Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck...

Mario has the roster looking really solid, schedule is set up well, recruiting is doing well.... yet this place still tries way too hard to create these odd arguments --- Mario has instilled the old Miami way by wearing the same uniform combo every week... Back in Black alt uniform drops the next day....

The uniforms are fine. Are they what we want in an overall apparel and equipment deal vs. Jordan Brand, probably not... but they aren't what is losing us football games...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back