New uniform material and more? (official)

Advertisement
Brother, i distinctly remember posting somewhere that these joints look very similar (or straight ripped off) from Nike's Mach Speed template that i believe dropped way back in 2013. Every adidas squad in their upper tier that received a jersey refresh has moved to this new "premier strategy" template. There's no way they can think fans are this stupid and won't recognize that the messaging went from "this is an exclusive template with new material that only miami will wear" to "yeah, every team got one" lol.

Crazy Rellyrell called it a while ago. Wow.

247 is stupid and didnt read. I think UF always said they were doing orange pants for their second game.

I don’t use X or a lot of social media platforms, but I do follow 247. However, I may have to switch to On3 b/c On3 was right on point w/ UF’s official page. I think 247 have lost a lot of talent to On3, too.

Wearing all white makes sense, especially in the weather & UF will be rocking orange pants.

Edit: 247 had the wrong info; UF will be rocking white pants, but it still makes sense for us to rock all white, & rocking storm troopers into enemy territory gives a certain credence to this rivalry.
Agree , I was hoping for all white. If not the green pants. I posted other day Florida would wear their traditional blue with white , not sure where the orange pants came from.

Advertisement
I don’t use X or a lot of social media platforms, but I do follow 247. However, I may have to switch to On3 b/c On3 was right on point w/ UF’s official page. I think 247 have lost a lot of talent to On3, too.
On3 has Gary Ferman. #FollowFerman

It’s funny, I was about to post something mighty similar b/c one of my boys, who’s also a uniform guy, brought something to my attention on another platform; the finish.

So we both have a keen eye for aesthetics, but he even more so b/c he worked for Mitchell & Ness & now works for Saks. So he brought to my attention how the new seam that Adidas is using interferes w/ the overlay of the numbers. Like some of the numbers are buckled, & u can see the seam through the numbers. The other thing he mentioned was the inconsistency of the collars; some collars appear snug while others appear to be saggy.

One of the things I said was these look good in the photo, but I need to see them on the field, & their functionality. Every time we’ve (the public) been introduced to Adidas’ “premium material” whether it was the strawberry patterns, the ribbed feature, or their version of dry fit (which these appear to be a mesh concept), during photo shoots or on a mannequins, they look awesome, but come game time & after a few equipment washes, they sag terribly around the collar areas.

The difference between Nike & Adidas is Adidas makes jerseys, Nike make performance uniforms. Nike is not above reproach b/c some on their design teams are pure garbage, but I’m talking strictly aesthetics & functionality. When Nike comes to a school, they literally do full body scans, and foot scans. They have cleats for QBs, RBs, Skills, Big Men w/ specific designs & measurements for individual players. When they set the uniforms, they’ve balanced tight fit + functionality.

I’ve seen this w/in O$U, UGA, UO, USC, Bama, UT, OKSt, Boise St, UCLA, & Colorado.
One game in, how we feeling? Maybe it's because i was too busy enjoying the win, but I didn't notice as many issues with the fit/finish of the jerseys as in years past. My biggest critique/area of improvement would be that the fit looks too baggy imo, but I'm so used to seeing frankensteined jersey numbers, stretched out neck collars, flipped up shoulder pads on just about every other play in the past. Saturday was an improvement on that front. I'm gonna do a couple rewatches for the fun of it and keep an eye out, but props to adidas for FINALLY giving miami something that is decent on the field.

One game in, how we feeling? Maybe it's because i was too busy enjoying the win, but I didn't notice as many issues with the fit/finish of the jerseys as in years past. My biggest critique/area of improvement would be that the fit looks too baggy imo, but I'm so used to seeing frankensteined jersey numbers, stretched out neck collars, flipped up shoulder pads on just about every other play in the past. Saturday was an improvement on that front. I'm gonna do a couple rewatches for the fun of it and keep an eye out, but props to adidas for FINALLY giving miami something that is decent on the field.

It’s the best unis we had; not much to criticize. The only thing is it’s not as sleek as I thought it would be. The zip front does make it look a bit more bulky, & the name plate font is still a bit off; other than that, solid uniforms & the best by far in 10 yrs.

Advertisement
Back