New uniform material and more? (official)

Advertisement
For what it’s worth Adidas did a good job of finally matching Nike in terms of material quality and fit. Looking at these pictures and you wouldn’t know the difference if not for the logos.
IMG_0758.webp

IMG_0759.webp

IMG_0760.webp

Advertisement
For what it’s worth Adidas did a good job of finally matching Nike in terms of material quality and fit. Looking at these pictures and you wouldn’t know the difference if not for the logos. View attachment 296636
View attachment 296637
View attachment 296638

Have Adidas improved on the quality of their material even going back to last season? Yes, absolutely; but, to the untrained eye it looks similar. Just like last season, I could clearly tell it’s a different company’s uniform from aesthetics, & functionality.

1. The material that Nike uses is a thicker, dri-fit material
2. Nike’s breathable mesh is woven into its unis vs. completely exposed like Adidas
3. Nike’s uniforms have true collars vs. faux collars which is why the collar on our uniform is not as pronounced as SMU’s & Pitt’s.
4. Nike’s uniforms r seamless; Adidas’ uniforms are not

This is y I said I need to see these uniforms in game b/c photo shoots & mannequin photos, Adidas’ uniforms look on par, even going back to their “premium” material in 2016. I need to see the functionality of it; regardless, these r by far the best uniforms & they did a great job.

Also, I’m wondering why SMU would use their tattered jersey as an intro when they were just given new “Dallas” all white unis, but that’s a different story.

Last edited:
Have Adidas improved on the quality of their material even going back to last season? Yes, absolutely; but, to the untrained eye it looks similar. Just like last season, I could clearly tell it’s a different company’s uniform from aesthetics, & functionality.

2. Nike’s breathable mesh is woven into its unis vs. completely exposed like Adidas
3. Nike’s uniforms have true collars vs. faux collars which is why the collar on our uniform is not as pronounced as SMU’s & Pitt’s.

This is y I said I need to see these uniforms in game b/c photo shoots & mannequin photos, Adidas’ uniforms look on par, even going back to their “premium” material in 2016. I need to see the functionality of it; regardless, these r by far the best uniforms by far & they did a great job.

Also, I’m wondering why SMU would use their tattered jersey as an intro when they were just given new “Dallas” all white unis, but that’s a different story.
Also, and maybe it’s just my preconceived notion, but the stretch on the shoulders makes me think we’ll still have offensive linemen looking narrow shouldered and wide through the midsection. I used to think we just had bad body types (we did have plenty) but after seeing Cohen look completely different in a Miami jersey than Bama, Francis who is an elite oline body having it fit weird, I just feel like adidas has no idea how to design a football jersey and should stick to soccer.

And don’t get me started on their basketball jerseys that look like they’re made of plastic.

This is y I said I need to see these uniforms in game b/c photo shoots & mannequin photos, Adidas’ uniforms look on par, even going back to their “premium” material in 2016. I need to see the functionality of it; regardless, these r by far the best uniforms by far & they did a great job.

Always appreciate your insight and expertise on these issues man. A lot of what you pointed out is something the casual observer (me) would’ve never caught.

Advertisement
Always appreciate your insight and expertise on these issues man. A lot of what you pointed out is something the casual observer (me) would’ve never caught.

Oh no doubt; it’s my second passion behind insurance & risk management, ironically. Lol.

But, listen, Adidas have come A LONG WAYS in a lot of aspects in American Sports. These r by far our best jersey from an aesthetics standpoint. I just wanna see these in action, b/c they look the part.

Oh no doubt; it’s my second passion behind insurance & risk management, ironically. Lol.

But, listen, Adidas have come A LONG WAYS in a lot of aspects in American Sports. These r by far our best jersey from an aesthetics standpoint. I just wanna see these in action, b/c they look the part.
I was today years old when I learned that it was humanly possible to be passionate about insurance and risk management.

For anyone interested. Looks like some, not all, of team received new white and orange practice jerseys (different from the ones we saw during spring football. These newer ones don't have the horizontal shoulder stripes). From the post practice videos and scrimmage photos, those who have the new practice jerseys are essentially wearing a pared down version of the new game day uniforms. It's easy to tell who's wearing the old ones because of the mesh material/vertical shoulder stripes. Everyone was wearing the new pants and WOW. They are really, really see through.

Advertisement
@Hurracanes , @mojoxd , or @TheOriginalCane

Refresh my memory, but wasn’t it reported that this new uniform material was exclusive to us?

I am not sure if it was "material" or "design" (though I imagine design might include the new material), but I thought we had something new and relatively exclusive.

But if these adidas mo-fos Nike/Fanatics us like they did to MLB...

I foresee a lot of green pants in our future...

Advertisement
Write-up (the word "exclusive" is near the bottom):

Excerpt from Gaby:
"I know that Miami plans to wear the new uniform material for the spring game... It's apparently big time material and UM is the only school in the country who has it as the flagship adidas school. At least that's what I've heard to this point. It's the latest technology that adidas has for it's football schools. We've seen multiple players testing out of the jerseys this spring. My understanding is that Miami will wear it for the spring game. The only downside is that I don't think there will be last name plates on the back. We'll see if
that's what ends up happening."

I called this b.s out, in a thread. So we discovered Texas Tech has this “exclusive” material, & so does:

I don’t like the gas that’s given us or what’s put out there. I’ve said this from the jump, with the whole “flagship school” of the ACC, just to find out we weren’t. Just say there’s new templates that Miami and other schools will be given vs. stating its “only” for us or “exclusive.”

Attachments

• IMG_1954.webp
    IMG_1954.webp
    299.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1955.webp
    IMG_1955.webp
    110.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@Hurracanes , @mojoxd , or @TheOriginalCane

Refresh my memory, but wasn’t it reported that this new uniform material was exclusive to us?
I’m not sure if it came out in any official communication, but i remember people on this forum with inside info saying that this uniform material/template was exclusive to us for the season. Meanwhile, texas tech is wearing the same silhouette with their jersey refresh that dropped earlier this offseason lol. It’s an insult to our intelligence

Advertisement
Back