New uniform material and more? (official)

Advertisement
I hate to break the news to u, but Miami doesn’t have a traditional look, never has. I’ve looked through our uniform history and it’s a stark contrast to the teams u listed above. Those uniforms have remained the same besides minor changes to size of numbers, adding numbers, name plates, and size of shoulder pad stripes.

I’m not sure when this idea came about that Miami is a “traditional” school. We’ve never been a traditional school.
I never understood the traditional look folk. Like bruh this Miami. When those 01 uniforms dropped everyone was becoming a Miami fan. Traditional my *** bruh we never been traditional we always broke tradition it’s Miami. They living in the leather helmet era still. No one likes us because we broke tradition

I'd like to see a variation of no sleeve stripe but with a logo on the sleeve instead.

Could be the U or Sebastian.
Think it’ll look too much like Clemson
1721411075821.webp

Advertisement
I wanted something like this from Nike with UM. Something solid color no nothing no shoulder stripe anything….just plain. I think it would look fire imo. With Miami font numbers though
Yeah def would need the Miami font to contrast a little bit. Kinda like these but no split-colored numbers and the threading design on the shoulder pads.
1721420975263.webp

I never understood the traditional look folk. Like bruh this Miami. When those 01 uniforms dropped everyone was becoming a Miami fan. Traditional my *** bruh we never been traditional we always broke tradition it’s Miami. They living in the leather helmet era still. No one likes us because we broke tradition
The leather helmet era is the 1980's and early '90's.....

The Office Lol GIF

Advertisement
@Rellyrell any insight on the fit of these jerseys/materials? It might sound like I'm splitting hairs, but it's been bothering me since the release. In some photos, they look really well fitting (i find this current miami jersey to be really similar in appearance to the 2015 joints Oregon wore and those fit great on pads), but in others, they look baggy and loose. I attached a tweet with pictures for reference. It must have been ten years ago- I remember watching an equipment room series by USC on youtube and their equipment managers literally velcroed the entire shoulder pad to make sure the jersey was even more fit/snug to prevent opponents gaining an advantage and to maintain their standard of appearance during game play. Would be nice if they did something like that with these. This silhouette looks much more put together, but I'm interested to see how the material functions on gameday

@Rellyrell any insight on the fit of these jerseys/materials? It might sound like I'm splitting hairs, but it's been bothering me since the release. In some photos, they look really well fitting (i find this current miami jersey to be really similar in appearance to the 2015 joints Oregon wore and those fit great on pads), but in others, they look baggy and loose. I attached a tweet with pictures for reference. It must have been ten years ago- I remember watching an equipment room series by USC on youtube and their equipment managers literally velcroed the entire shoulder pad to make sure the jersey was even more fit/snug to prevent opponents gaining an advantage and to maintain their standard of appearance during game play. Would be nice if they did something like that with these. This silhouette looks much more put together, but I'm interested to see how the material functions on gameday

It’s funny, I was about to post something mighty similar b/c one of my boys, who’s also a uniform guy, brought something to my attention on another platform; the finish.

So we both have a keen eye for aesthetics, but he even more so b/c he worked for Mitchell & Ness & now works for Saks. So he brought to my attention how the new seam that Adidas is using interferes w/ the overlay of the numbers. Like some of the numbers are buckled, & u can see the seam through the numbers. The other thing he mentioned was the inconsistency of the collars; some collars appear snug while others appear to be saggy.

One of the things I said was these look good in the photo, but I need to see them on the field, & their functionality. Every time we’ve (the public) been introduced to Adidas’ “premium material” whether it was the strawberry patterns, the ribbed feature, or their version of dry fit (which these appear to be a mesh concept), during photo shoots or on a mannequins, they look awesome, but come game time & after a few equipment washes, they sag terribly around the collar areas.

The difference between Nike & Adidas is Adidas makes jerseys, Nike make performance uniforms. Nike is not above reproach b/c some on their design teams are pure garbage, but I’m talking strictly aesthetics & functionality. When Nike comes to a school, they literally do full body scans, and foot scans. They have cleats for QBs, RBs, Skills, Big Men w/ specific designs & measurements for individual players. When they set the uniforms, they’ve balanced tight fit + functionality.

I’ve seen this w/in O$U, UGA, UO, USC, Bama, UT, OKSt, Boise St, UCLA, & Colorado.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s funny, I was about to post something mighty similar b/c one of my boys, who’s also a uniform guy, brought something to my attention on another platform; the finish.

So we both have a keen eye for aesthetics, but he even more so b/c he worked for Mitchell & Ness & now works for Saks. So he brought to my attention how the new seam that Adidas is using interferes w/ the overlay of the numbers. Like some of the numbers are buckled, & u can see the seam through the numbers. The other thing he mentioned was the inconsistency of the collars; some collars appear snug while others appear to be saggy.

One of the things I said was these look good in the photo, but I need to see them on the field, & their functionality. Every time we’ve (the public) been introduced to Adidas’ “premium material” whether it was the strawberry patterns, the ribbed feature, or their version of dry fit (which these appear to be a mesh concept), during photo shoots or on a mannequins, they look awesome, but come game time & after a few equipment washes, they sag terribly around the collar areas.

The difference between Nike & Adidas is Adidas makes jerseys, Nike make performance uniforms. Nike is not above reproach b/c some on their design teams are pure garbage, but I’m talking strictly aesthetics & functionality. When Nike comes to a school, they literally do full body scans, and foot scans. They have cleats for QBs, RBs, Skills, Big Men w/ specific designs & measurements for individual players. When they set the uniforms, they’ve balanced tight fit + functionality.

I’ve seen this w/in O$U, UGA, UO, USC, Bama, UT, OKSt, Boise St, UCLA, & Colorado.
I dont really have a dog in this fight but..... Adidas makes jerseys, Nike make performance uniforms?? Ok thats laying it on a little thick dont you think? Dont need to school me too hard, just sayin

Advertisement
I dont really have a dog in this fight but..... Adidas makes jerseys, Nike make performance uniforms?? Ok thats laying it on a little thick dont you think? Dont need to school me too hard, just sayin

That wasn’t a hyperbolic statement; Adidas’ weakness have always been functional jerseys for American Sports. When ur core templates are soccer boots & jerseys, which possess different requirements than football cleats and jerseys, it’s going to be a struggle.

It’s no knock on Adidas vs. they got into the game late. Nike, Reebok, Champion, Russell were in the American jersey apparel well b4 Adidas, so it would stand to reason they are behind. Adidas has also had an influx of instability at the top going through chief designers and CEOs. It wasn’t until around 2014-15 when Mark King placed an emphasis on American sports for Adidas, & that’s when u started seeing material changes, but they keep changing materials, design patterns b/c they can’t balance creativity with functionality, not yet at least.

Love the more traditional-styled uniform. I was in the indoor practice facility earlier today and saw pictures of the 2000s era uniforms that had the piping on them. I'm not saying modern jerseys can't be cool, but traditional styles are harder to F up.

Advertisement
Back