New uniform material and more? (official)

Exactly what the internet has been saying. Lol

It's a challenging trade-off.

Purely as an objective/aesthetic issue, I have not disliked any of our black/smoke jerseys.

As far as looking like another school's jersey, that's a different issue.

That's why I'd like to see all three of our REGULAR colors incorporated into the black jerseys.

Advertisement

Purely as an objective/aesthetic issue, I have not disliked any of our black/smoke jerseys.

That's why I'd like to see all three of our REGULAR colors incorporated into the black jerseys.
Our black uniforms last season were atrocious.

One of the reasons I prefer our green (I prefer the green overall) over the orange is that it’s different from other greens and there's a lot of other oranges.

Our black uniforms last season were atrocious.

I am not arguing with your opinion.

I post this snapshot only to show how extreme and divergent the opinions are:

1720633950516.webp

Advertisement
This is absolutely our classic/traditional look until Nike ruined it because they treated us like a guinea pig. Not defending Adidas but even they acknowledged what Miami should look like and went back to the image everyone perceives us to be.

If you look at Miami’s history, you could argue the U logo isn’t traditional because we changed our helmets and uniforms a hundred times until we found our perfect look. Obviously, that’s not the case.

Who’s they? Adidas?? No, bruv; that’s not what happened & hasn’t happened.

Richt said he didn’t like their designs, & told them to go back to a simpler look, and they obliged; yet, are u not forgetting Adidas’ “inspired” Miami looks?

Are u forgetting Adidas x Parley Aqua Green & Tangerine Orange inspiration? Are u forgetting about Adidas x Parley Cream White & Forest Green Maze (not Maize) inspiration? Are u forgetting about Adidas Neon Orange & Green inspiration?

Listen holmes, this is what I don’t get about some of ya’ll & this is how u play right in to my defense council all the time: (Disclaimer: I’ve already said plenty of time I hate several of Nike’s designs, but this is is crux of my argument)

One minute u say, “Nike treated us horribly, they didn’t care about us”, but then the next minute it’s “Nike gave us too many uniforms, treating us like guinea pigs.” Again, did I agree w/ some of their designs? Absolutely not, but guess what? Our AD could’ve said no, this doesn’t fit us or how about this design, instead.

I can unequivocally tell u we’ve always been in Nike Elite 11 schools in regards to the latest designs & tech. It was up to us to give a thumbs up or down on the designs, just like Bama, O$U did even though they, too, were apart of The Elite 11.

Last edited:
I hear what you are saying, and you are not wrong.

Let me just say this. A lot of what we consider to be "classic" is from the 80s/90s. We did not go to the split-U white helmets and the orange/white/green until more recently than many people think (70s mostly). Most of the programs you cite had similar uniforms for several decades longer. Just pointing that out.

When it comes to the "classic" look of the 1980s, I always laugh when I see Melvin Bratton posting on FaceBook that we need to go with longer sleeves again. Yeah, that's one thing that I don't think is ever coming back.

Yes, our 1980s/early 90s uniforms were simple. We were using Russell for most of the time, not Nike. I do agree that Nike made changes, and maybe the changes were not necessary for our program. But I think that the apparel industry has changed to the point that is now better to have a once-a-year alternate rather than changing the entire uniform every 4 years like we did from the late 1990s to the early 2010s with Nike.

FInally, I want to make a point about the "adidas brought it back" comment. And it covers two main things.

2015 was the first year that adidas made our uniforms, while Golden was still the coach and Beta Blake was still the AD. And they gave us, perhaps, the worst jersey in decades. It wasn't until SOMEONE ELSE arrived (Mark Richt) that he pushed for the return to simplicity. That wasn't an adidas idea. We see what adidas has produced, from the first year to the Parleys and beyond, letting "adidas" get creative with our jerseys has been WORSE than letting Nike get creative with our jerseys.

No, the push to return to simplicity came from Richt. And I'm glad that we stuck with it.

And we can certainly insist on it with Nike. But, ****, imagine doing a few throwbacks to the first few Nike jerseys, but with better material and stitched numbers/letters. Could be fun.

Thx (y)

We are in full concurrence that the initial Adidas design with the feathers was one of worst looks ever. I do like how Adidas has made corrections since then and I absolutely love the early looks of our ‘24 uniforms.

in the final analysis I have no particular preference for Adidas I just like the look they’ve evolved with our unis. If Nike would commit to be maintain what I consider to be our classic traditional look ( in my view) I’d be fully onboard.

Thx (y)

We are in full concurrence that the initial Adidas design with the feathers was one of worst looks ever. I do like how Adidas has made corrections since then and I absolutely love the early looks of our ‘24 uniforms.

in the final analysis I have no particular preference for Adidas I just like the look they’ve evolved with our unis. If Nike would commit to be maintain what I consider to be our classic traditional look ( in my view) I’d be fully onboard.

Agreed.

Creative design can be cool...until it goes too far...

We just have a couple of Beta Blake/adidas fanboys who try to turn every nuanced argument into a "100% blame this party or that party" situation.

John Lennon and Paul McCartney wrote beautiful music together. Rarely 50-50. But it's ridiculous to try to turn every Beatles song into a "100% John song" vs. a "100% Paul song" debate.

People who act like the AD and coaches are powerless to say anything...are just flat-out wrong.

Advertisement

Richt said he didn’t like their designs, & told them to go back to a simpler look, and they obliged; yet are u not forgetting Adidas’ “inspired” Miami looks?

Are u forgetting Adidas x Parley Aqua Green & Tangerine Orange inspiration? Are u forgetting about Adidas x Parley Cream White & Forest Green Maze (not Maize) inspiration? Are u forgetting about Adidas Neon Orange & Green inspiration?

Listen holmes, this is what I don’t get about some of ya’ll & this is how u play right in to my defense council all the time: (Disclaimer: I’ve already said plenty of time I hate several of Nike’s designs, but this is is crux of my argument)

One minute u say, “Nike treated us horribly, they didn’t care about us”, but then the next minute it’s “Nike gave us too many uniforms, treating us like guinea pigs.” Again, did I agree w/ some of their designs? Absolutely not, but guess what? Our AD could’ve said no, this doesn’t fit us or how about this design, instead.

I can unequivocally tell u we’ve always been in Nike Elite 11 schools in regards to the latest designs & tech. It was up to us to give a thumbs up or down on the designs, just like Bama, O$U did even though they, too, were apart of The Elite 11.
I haven't minded 1 off unis from either Nike or Adidas. People complain about Parley and I just don't see the issue. Even the black uniforms last year - half the people would love a blue/pink Miami color way once lol, so don't get the major complains about the black uni last year. Especially 1 off White uniforms. There just isn't much room to mess up. Like the white parley, the ice uni, the Nike pro combat white one... I like when we do that. It's a little more important getting the 1 off home uni right.

But people who seriously complain about special events uniforms that are worn once are just being ridiculous imo. If they hit they are used well for recruiting photos and for customer sales.. but ultimately they really doesn't matter. What matters is the uniforms we wear 95% of the time.

I haven't minded 1 off unis from either Nike or Adidas. People complain about Parley and I just don't see the issue. Even the black uniforms last year - half the people would love a blue/pink Miami color way once lol, so don't get the major complains about the black uni last year. Especially 1 off White uniforms. There just isn't much room to mess up. Like the white parley, the ice uni, the Nike pro combat white one... I like when we do that. It's a little more important getting the 1 off home uni right.

But people who seriously complain about special events uniforms that are worn once are just being ridiculous imo. If they hit they are used well for recruiting photos and for customer sales.. but ultimately they really doesn't matter. What matters is the uniforms we wear 95% of the time.

On this we can reasonably agree.

I'd rather have the same uniform for 12 years in a row, with a one-off every year, than to have 3 different jerseys over 12 years.

On this we can reasonably agree.

I'd rather have the same uniform for 12 years in a row, with a one-off every year, than to have 3 different jerseys over 12 years.
I agree. Basically what Id like is keep the current design or maybe slight improvements over time for basically the foreseeable future regardless who our apparel sponsor is.

And then you get 1 special jersey yearly or every other year that is a new design basically (so like one year we wear black or smoke, next year it's a new special event white uni).. though for black/smoke uni it probably doesn't have to change every time tbh. Just make one good gray and one good black and alternate using them over a 4 year period ..

And then what Id really like to do is have 1 random like throwback uni that gets worn every other year (so like bring back the 01 or 04 look, or even a more historic look) for a random game - but imo you do this for a medium to big game - not some bum *** game. Could you imagine we are playing like Ohio St in B10 conference game and surprise break out our 01 uni ... It'd be dope.

Advertisement
I agree. Basically what Id like is keep the current design or maybe slight improvements over time for basically the foreseeable future regardless who our apparel sponsor is.

And then you get 1 special jersey yearly or every other year that is a new design basically (so like one year we wear black or smoke, next year it's a new special event white uni).. though for black/smoke uni it probably doesn't have to change every time tbh. Just make one good gray and one good black and alternate using them over a 4 year period ..

And then what Id really like to do is have 1 random like throwback uni that gets worn every other year (so like bring back the 01 or 04 look, or even a more historic look) for a random game - but imo you do this for a medium to big game - not some bum *** game. Could you imagine we are playing like Ohio St in B10 conference game and surprise break out our 01 uni ... It'd be dope.

I'd rather break out our '02 uni to play Taint...

Just joking around, I know it's the same uniform. But we could take some new hi-def photos that more clearly show NO PASS INTERFERENCE...

I'd rather break out our '02 uni to play Taint...

Just joking around, I know it's the same uniform. But we could take some new hi-def photos that more clearly show NO PASS INTERFERENCE...
We have to undo the mistake of wearing an alternate jersey that night. Everyone knows that had we worn white jerseys as we did to win the previous 5 titles, the outcome would have never been in doubt.

This is a good idea. It makes more sense to honor the past by wearing an old version of our uniform than wearing black for no real reason.

Advertisement

Richt said he didn’t like their designs, & told them to go back to a simpler look, and they obliged; yet are u not forgetting Adidas’ “inspired” Miami looks?

Agree to disagree. Treating Miami like guinea pigs with the stupid designs isn’t treating Miami well but that’s my opinion.

If you want to believe Nike treated us well then you’re entitled to your opinion. I base my opinion based what actual players and staff members told me during the Golden era.

I have no dog in this fight but I call it how I see it’.

Agree to disagree. Treating Miami like guinea pigs with the stupid designs isn’t treating Miami well but that’s my opinion.

If you want to believe Nike treated us well then you’re entitled to your opinion. I base my opinion based what actual players and staff members told me during the Golden era.

I have no dog in this fight but I call it how I see it’.

Alright, you know I love you and agree with you 99% of the time.

How were we treated as "guinea pigs"? Were other college teams EVENTUALLY given the old Miami jersey templates?

I can agree with you that the design elements probably went too far. But we were unique. Some people like that, others don't. It's up to the AD and/or the coach to draw the line on what is acceptable and what is not.

As for "The Golden Era" with our Nike relationship, that is largely Beta Blake that is to blame. He was cashing out our equipment and apparel for more money because he knew he wouldn't be dealing with Nike for much longer.

Unpopular opinion: Bra strap jersey was better looking than the 2000- 2002 jersey.
Yes. Dat is definitely an unpopular opinion round dese parts, lol. But you’re entitled to it. It had to grow on me, as well. The only thing I really didn’t like about the 2000-2002 uniforms was the stripe on the pants. I understood it…. just didn’t like it.

Anyone have any idea when these jerseys are gonna be available for purchase? I looked on fanatics and the canes fan shop but it’s still last seasons jersey style. I looked up Texas Techs new fan jerseys and it looks much better than what adidas previously put out for fans. Hoping we get better jersey material this season!

Advertisement
Back