Glen Logan - LSU DT

DT recruiting is the elephant in the room everyone is ignoring. Need to land 3 especially with the news of Ford

Outside of LB and DE recruiting, everything has been a recruiting disaster.

Advertisement
Sounds good.

Bring in another top player from LA - this time a DT from Reed's old HS.

If Kuligowski is good with it, then it sounds like we're about to get a bit deeper on the DL....

Remember him from last year's recruiting cycle? Was slated to visit, but cancelled last minute and signed with LSU.

He has not announced a transfer from LSU just yet, but I'm hearing that it is likely and Miami is right at the top of his list. He redshirted this year, but I've heard really good things about him as a player. This could be a nice addition because he would need to sit out next year, but would be ready to go for the 2018 season when the Canes will most likely lose multiple defensive tackles in the rotation.

Something to monitor, especially considering his former teammate George Brown, Jr. made the move last season.

Advertisement
DT recruiting is the elephant in the room everyone is ignoring. Need to land 3 especially with the news of Ford

Vern?

If u mean reality, then I guess ur right. Smh. White Knight fans, gotta love them.

There is a difference between being realistic and trashing everything about the program

QB, TE, RB, Saftey.

Lol...RB? TE??? Safety I will give us. And Perry is solid. But horrible examples.

Homer, Burns, McFarland (most likely)
Irvin, Haskins, Poledny

Yeah pretty good I think.

Advertisement
I'm not defending this years class, but it's moves like this that keep me optimistic about the staff. It seems like they are aware of everything: while most of us have been clamoring for a second DT in this class, and not seeing one, it seems like this has been working itself out behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your optimism or approval isn't requisite to the staff having jobs. They are who they are no matter what you, me, or anyone else thinks. The only thing that changes about them is fans' opinions from day to day depending on which 17 yr old kid says something nice about us on twitter. Truth is the staff is very competent and it's only a matter of time before everyone acknowledges that after more on-field success.

Remember him from last year's recruiting cycle? Was slated to visit, but cancelled last minute and signed with LSU.

He has not announced a transfer from LSU just yet, but I'm hearing that it is likely and Miami is right at the top of his list. He redshirted this year, but I've heard really good things about him as a player. This could be a nice addition because he would need to sit out next year, but would be ready to go for the 2018 season when the Canes will most likely lose multiple defensive tackles in the rotation.

Something to monitor, especially considering his former teammate George Brown, Jr. made the move last season.

why is he leaving? please excuse if asked and answered.

Can he play WR?

Lol oh how the narrative has changed

we'll be okay at WR when it's all said and done. Dudes just love to complain. Last year it was DT and CB and they ended up being a fierce units. Only question mark is which QB. I'm sure after this second round of recruiting we'll have enough talent to accomplish the goals we had for this season. The rest is about on-field leadership. The right QB with the right attitude and it's on.

Becoming the #1 destination for SEC transfers. Not a bad idea.

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Potentially Logan, Truitt, the Georgia kids we heard about a couple months back...

Unfortunately for Miami being a 2nd chance U destination for tranfers isn't a proven way to build championship teams, ask Kstate and Miss St which have historically built their programs this way. Championship programs are built through high school recruiting and then developing those players an that is the historical Miami blue print.

Go Canes

More dopey slop from Parrotnose. KSU and MSU take mostly mid-level JUCO guys. Logan is a bigtime recruit one year removed from HS. Totally different from the KState model.

former UM line backer Arthur Brown says hello waving his KsU alumni ring which he got after transferring there.

Go Canes

Yea but we got Manny and Kool. End of story. This kid realizes he fcuked up and I guarantee AB wouldn't have left this staff.

Advertisement

Vern?

If u mean reality, then I guess ur right. Smh. White Knight fans, gotta love them.

There is a difference between being realistic and trashing everything about the program

TF? Since when have I EVER trashed "everything" about the program. I go to bat for this program hard. It kills me that when someone highlights a deficiency, they are accused of "trashing the program."

So let me be very, VERY clear; I'm glad Richt is our coach, and I know we are headed in the right direction, despite the debacle in October; but, b/c of the debacle in October, it has led to mediocre to disappointing results to our recruiting,THUS FAR. I'm hopeful, and have belief in Brown's comment about having solid silent commits...I hope we finish strong, b/c the only way u build up our program is by strong recruiting. And if we don't finish strong, you bets believe I will be sorely disappointed in the staff's ability. That's not trashing the program.

Becoming the #1 destination for SEC transfers. Not a bad idea.

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Potentially Logan, Truitt, the Georgia kids we heard about a couple months back...

Unfortunately for Miami being a 2nd chance U destination for tranfers isn't a proven way to build championship teams, ask Kstate and Miss St which have historically built their programs this way. Championship programs are built through high school recruiting and then developing those players an that is the historical Miami blue print.

Go Canes

Alabama's roster always has JUCOs and grad transfers in addition to the 5-star HS signees.
Same deal with Oklahoma, USC, Michigan (grad transfers), etc.
Not sure why you think it is a terrible idea.

QB, TE, RB, Saftey.

Lol...RB? TE??? Safety I will give us. And Perry is solid. But horrible examples.

Irvin, Haskins, Poledny

Is Homer apart of the 2017 class?
Burns, who may or may not play here due to undisclosed injuries?
Has McFarland committed to us?

Are Irvin and Haskins apart of the 2017 class?
What do you even know about POLENDEY? (apparently not much, since you can't even spell his name correctly)

So I talk about the recruiting of the 2017 class and u counter argue by including kids who ain't apart of the class?? Thanks for making my point

Advertisement

QB, TE, RB, Saftey.

Irvin, Haskins, Poledny

What do you even know about POLENDEY? (apparently not much, since you can't even spell his name correctly)

So I talk about the recruiting of the 2017 class and u counter argue by including kids who ain't apart of the class?? Thanks for making my point

Yes, homer haskins and irving are apart from the 2017 class.

This would be awesome. Dt recruiting has had me scratching my head, but I trust Kool has something up his sleave. Inthink hes got a diamond or 2 that he might have wrapped upthat we dont know about. I want 2 more Kendrick Nortons on this team.

QB, TE, RB, Saftey.

Irvin, Haskins, Poledny

Yes, homer haskins and irving are apart from the 2017 class.

Lol

Vern?

TF? Since when have I EVER trashed "everything" about the program. I go to bat for this program hard. It kills me that when someone highlights a deficiency, they are accused of "trashing the program."

So let me be very, VERY clear; I'm glad Richt is our coach, and I know we are headed in the right direction, despite the debacle in October; but, b/c of the debacle in October, it has led to mediocre to disappointing results to our recruiting,THUS FAR. I'm hopeful, and have belief in Brown's comment about having solid silent commits...I hope we finish strong, b/c the only way u build up our program is by strong recruiting. And if we don't finish strong, you bets believe I will be sorely disappointed in the staff's ability. That's not trashing the program.

You are complaining about something that hasn't been completed yet. If the class finishes top 15 that would be great. We should be happy with top 15 recruiting classes even though we haven't been a top 15 program in more than a decade. You can't say something is a disaster if the class isn't finished. You don't know the plan the staff has for the roster.

Complain next year if the oline is still garbage. Or if the defensive backfield underperforms this year because that would be a sign of bad recruiting. There is a month to go before signing day. Don't say something is a disaster before you know the outcome.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back