Glen Logan - LSU DT

If Logan comes for 2018:

DT - Logan, Fines, Silvera
DT - Bethel, Ford, Martin

Of course, the cherry on top would be a kid like Vincent.

My only concern about Logan is whether LSU would let him transfer here seeing as how we play them in 2018. I guess we could offer to not play Logan against LSU in that game as a way to get them to authorize the transfer. But is that kind of agreement even feasible? And wouldn't LSU be more worried about Logan providing detailed intel to Miami coaches about LSU strengths and weaknesses, playcalls, etc, rather than being concerned about his onfield play

You got DV'd but this is a legit concern. Very real chance LSU would block an attempt to transfer here since we play them.

Advertisement
Logan was listed 3rd on the depth chart for LSU spring practices, was running with the 2nd team DL, but has been absent for the last 3-4 practices for unspecified reasons.....per the internetz.
Would be as big as pulling Delaney for the 2017 season. Maybe even more significant.
Wait, people are downvoting and questioning this statement? Ya'll think it would be less important for us to pull a DT for the 2018 season? Help me understand how DT is not a potential problem in the 2018 season.

Not necessarily. I think some people may be doubting that Logan can come in at the same level as Delaney. Delaney was projected to go in the 4th/5th round of the NFL Draft. He's expected to contribute at a high level right away for us.

There's little argument that our depth chart at DT for 2018 could look as bad as our depth chart at CB did for 2016. However, at this point, I don't think Logan is as sure of a high-level contributor as Delaney. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to add him.
Sure, except that if not for Delaney's onboarding, we'd still have a few viable options for the open spot at CB this upcoming year:

Top JuCo Recruit (Dean)
Michael Jackson (I know, I know, but he played some last year)
Top Corner recruits (Bandy, Deejay may be playing CB, etc.) at a position much easier to transition into early on

So, sure, it'd be a much more vulnerable position in 2017, but let's take a look at 2018 DT *if* all 4 DTs leave as some say is not only possible, but apparently likely:

Martin/Bethel/TrueFrosh
Ford/Silvera?/Fines?

To me, adding Logan (if he isn't blocked) benefits the defense in 2018 because of the possibly scary depth situation more than adding Delaney to a very vulnerable CB situation in 2017. Doesn't mean Delaney isn't a good player. Just adding and subtracting the alternatives. Of course, this is all speculation. It's a message board.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back