Glen Logan - LSU DT

Advertisement
Remember him from last year's recruiting cycle? Was slated to visit, but cancelled last minute and signed with LSU.

He has not announced a transfer from LSU just yet, but I'm hearing that it is likely and Miami is right at the top of his list. He redshirted this year, but I've heard really good things about him as a player. This could be a nice addition because he would need to sit out next year, but would be ready to go for the 2018 season when the Canes will most likely lose multiple defensive tackles in the rotation.

Something to monitor, especially considering his former teammate George Brown, Jr. made the move last season.
This would be bigger than big. Most on here and the people I talk to offline know how concerned I've been about 2018 DT. If everyone (Mcintosh, Norton, Willis, Jenkins is a senior, Moten is a senior) freakin' balls out in 2017 and leaves - we're in deep trouble in a year where we should be otherwise stacked at DE, LB, and maybe even DB. It'd be a waste to walk into that season with questions at the DT position. Hence, why I thought adding Conliffe to Ford was critical.

Advertisement
Becoming the #1 destination for SEC transfers. Not a bad idea.

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Potentially Logan, Truitt, the Georgia kids we heard about a couple months back...

Unfortunately for Miami being a 2nd chance U destination for tranfers isn't a proven way to build championship teams, ask Kstate and Miss St which have historically built their programs this way. Championship programs are built through high school recruiting and then developing those players an that is the historical Miami blue print.

Go Canes

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Potentially Logan, Truitt, the Georgia kids we heard about a couple months back...

Unfortunately for Miami being a 2nd chance U destination for tranfers isn't a proven way to build championship teams, ask Kstate and Miss St which have historically built their programs this way. Championship programs are built through high school recruiting and then developing those players an that is the historical Miami blue print.

Go Canes

But a combination of the two should be a great recipe. If you can pull in at least a top 15 class and cherry pick a few key transfers, you should be able to build a strong squad

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Go Canes

Its 4-5 players total over 3-4 years that's not even close to what those schools do

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Go Canes
Fortunately, you're wrong on multiple fronts. We don't base the entire foundation on that. And, there are historical examples contradicting your point anyway.

Off memory alone, here are some non-HS guys from the 2001 team:

Bryant Mckinnie
Jeremy Shockey
Santonio Thomas (transfer)
Cornelius Green
Andrew Williams
Jerome Mcdougle

There's nothing wrong with a sprinkle of transfers, Community College or JuCo guys to a foundation of HS guys.

Advertisement
I said countless times that it's a mistake to take only 1 DT this cycle. We can conceivably lose our entire 3 deep at DT after next year. That's a huge loss.

Remember him from last year's recruiting cycle? Was slated to visit, but cancelled last minute and signed with LSU.

He has not announced a transfer from LSU just yet, but I'm hearing that it is likely and Miami is right at the top of his list. He redshirted this year, but I've heard really good things about him as a player. This could be a nice addition because he would need to sit out next year, but would be ready to go for the 2018 season when the Canes will most likely lose multiple defensive tackles in the rotation.

Something to monitor, especially considering his former teammate George Brown, Jr. made the move last season.
This would be bigger than big. Most on here and the people I talk to offline know how concerned I've been about 2018 DT. If everyone (Mcintosh, Norton, Willis, Jenkins is a senior, Moten is a senior) freakin' balls out in 2017 and leaves - we're in deep trouble in a year where we should be otherwise stacked at DE, LB, and maybe even DB. It'd be a waste to walk into that season with questions at the DT position. Hence, why I thought adding Conliffe to Ford was critical.

Saw this thread and first thing I thought was Lu will be pumped

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Go Canes

This not the same thing. Both of those programs build their programs through JUCO. More specifically, Kansas St. builds their program through JUCO because they're a middle tier Big 12 program with no national relevance as it relates to recruiting. They have to build that way. Miss St. did so because they had a dumpster fire of a year and their program is trending downwards.

Every program picks up transfers here and there. Picking up 2-3 transfers a cycle is not what you've described.

Advertisement

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Go Canes
Fortunately, you're wrong on multiple fronts. We don't base the entire foundation on that. And, there are historical examples contradicting your point anyway.

Off memory alone, here are some non-HS guys from the 2001 team:

Bryant Mckinnie
Jeremy Shockey
Santonio Thomas (transfer)
Cornelius Green
Andrew Williams
Jerome Mcdougle

There's nothing wrong with a sprinkle of transfers, Community College or JuCo guys to a foundation of HS guys.

I rather take a few transfers than offer schollys to the DT's Paranos posts videos of.

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Go Canes

I agree, but that's a straw man.

Willis is our 3rd DT. Vogel was a punter. Brown is potentially a right tackle. Harris is a 4th receiver. Colbert was a part-time starting corner.

Truitt would be a return guy and rotational receiver. Logan is true stud DT, which doesn't come around often on the transfer market.

We aren't relying on these guys for a team, but rather trying to shore up the margins and get guys in here to do a job. As long as we pick the right guys, it's a good strategy.

Ask Alabama. They got Coker to come in an be a caretaker QB. They got McCarthy and Dieter to come be slot receivers.

I said countless times that it's a mistake to take only 1 DT this cycle. We can conceivably lose our entire 3 deep at DT after next year. That's a huge loss.

yes indeed....instead of starting freshmen in 2018, we should be starting redshirt frosh or sophs. roster mismanagement at its finest....getting Logan would help fix this.

Advertisement
Keep adding these LouisiAnimals... got Willis, Brown, n Dobard...add Logan and we could possibly convince Smith to pick us on Signing Day... got 3 other Louisiana players on the roster(including Logan if he comes) so he shouldn't be home sick

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Go Canes

More dopey slop from Parrotnose. KSU and MSU take mostly mid-level JUCO guys. Logan is a bigtime recruit one year removed from HS. Totally different from the KState model.

Advertisement
Back