Glen Logan - LSU DT

Advertisement
If it wasn't clear yet, it's clear now....Paranos is thee, DannyBoyCane. No doubt about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think it's a different age of transfers now. The rate of grad transfers has seemed to go up along with transfers in general. You almost never saw guys transfer out after only one year at school. Guys use to wait there turn if they got stuck behind all Americans or all conference upperclassmen, or suck it up and stay if they were homesick or didn't like the coaches. Now kids bolt and look for a new opportunity, even if it means sitting out a year. I think the quality of transfer has increased because of this as well. Guys don't want to wait to play, they don't want to stay somewhere they don't like, they don't want to play for new incoming coaches. No one is telling them they need to stick it out, and actually, everyone around them encourages them to find somewhere they'd be happier at. It's the world we live in now and no one wants to wait or be stuck.

It's like people who claim Ed Reed was a two star so stars don't matter, but don't realize how much recruiting services have changed since then. 15 years ago, transferring out after one year was considered a red flag. You were suppose to tough it out, even at your own detriment. If you realized you were in a bad situation and wanted to leave, you were soft. Now, it's considered a smart business decision and you're encouraged to do so as early and as often as you want. Truth be told, it's actually working out more often than not, for the player and the new school.

Advertisement
Imagine if we get him and dude from Auburn or a Georgia transfer. That would be four SEC transfers to us in two years. Says a lot.

The SEC sucks, not sure why that's a big deal.

Exactly. Let's frame this as these kids realizing they bought into an overrated myth on their first commitments and are now seeing the light.

As far as Ol' Eddie O'...please don't hit me! I'm a woman!!!, L$U better play nice with us regarding transfers and recruiting or some of the old timers in the Gables might just start spilling enough info on him to fill up an episode of Outside the Lines. And we know the only thing that actually can trump $EC loyalty and slurping at e$ECpn are "social justice" issues.

We play Lsu. May not be released to us. Unless there is a new coach rule.

Advertisement
Remember him from last year's recruiting cycle? Was slated to visit, but cancelled last minute and signed with LSU.

He has not announced a transfer from LSU just yet, but I'm hearing that it is likely and Miami is right at the top of his list. He redshirted this year, but I've heard really good things about him as a player. This could be a nice addition because he would need to sit out next year, but would be ready to go for the 2018 season when the Canes will most likely lose multiple defensive tackles in the rotation.

Something to monitor, especially considering his former teammate George Brown, Jr. made the move last season.

Wait, you are reporting potentially positive news? You are going to **** off a lot of porsters on this site.

Doesn't seem like he is reporting potentially positive news....seems like he is reporting a potentially positive hypothetical.

Yep - it's a double hypo. He MIGHT leave lsu and he MIGHT come here. Yikes.

Remember him from last year's recruiting cycle? Was slated to visit, but cancelled last minute and signed with LSU.

He has not announced a transfer from LSU just yet, but I'm hearing that it is likely and Miami is right at the top of his list. He redshirted this year, but I've heard really good things about him as a player. This could be a nice addition because he would need to sit out next year, but would be ready to go for the 2018 season when the Canes will most likely lose multiple defensive tackles in the rotation.

Something to monitor, especially considering his former teammate George Brown, Jr. made the move last season.
This would be bigger than big. Most on here and the people I talk to offline know how concerned I've been about 2018 DT. If everyone (Mcintosh, Norton, Willis, Jenkins is a senior, Moten is a senior) freakin' balls out in 2017 and leaves - we're in deep trouble in a year where we should be otherwise stacked at DE, LB, and maybe even DB. It'd be a waste to walk into that season with questions at the DT position. Hence, why I thought adding Conliffe to Ford was critical.

Not only bigger than big. It would be bigly, which is bigger than bigger.

Dictionary Expert: Bigly Is Actually a Real Word | Hollywood Reporter

Advertisement
We play Lsu. May not be released to us. Unless there is a new coach rule.

I'm guessing since they released George Brown to us they would likely release Logan. Also I think programs are generally a little more lenient when the head coach departs. Hopefully they do. This would be a huge addition.

DT recruiting is the elephant in the room everyone is ignoring. Need to land 3 especially with the news of Ford

Advertisement

u must be mistaken pete according to a lot of posters this staff can't recruit no way get logan. this staff sucks and should be fired immediately. logan is a pipe dream must be no kid wants to come play for pastor richt and his bible thumping ways couldn't want that.

now to be serious this would be great.

Becoming the #1 destination for SEC transfers. Not a bad idea.

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Potentially Logan, Truitt, the Georgia kids we heard about a couple months back...

Unfortunately for Miami being a 2nd chance U destination for tranfers isn't a proven way to build championship teams, ask Kstate and Miss St which have historically built their programs this way. Championship programs are built through high school recruiting and then developing those players an that is the historical Miami blue print.

Go Canes
Fortunately, you're wrong on multiple fronts. We don't base the entire foundation on that. And, there are historical examples contradicting your point anyway.

Off memory alone, here are some non-HS guys from the 2001 team:

Bryant Mckinnie
Jeremy Shockey
Santonio Thomas (transfer)
Cornelius Green
Andrew Williams
Jerome Mcdougle

There's nothing wrong with a sprinkle of transfers, Community College or JuCo guys to a foundation of HS guys.

I agree with a sprinkle of transfers but we holding our breath in hopes of finding transfers to be difference makers for team. The 2001 UM was built through prep recruiting. With UM having the best dline coach in the country we should be looking for transfers at dline to help us down the road, but rather UM should be stacking elite high school chips like FSU and Clemson ( god that hurt to say).

Coach Kool came to Miami to be able to work with better recruits then he was attracting at Mizzou ( where he did a masterful job). I doubt he envisioned having to hope for retreads he lost to other schools.

Go Canes

Kool has landed some quality lineman this cycle. Logan red-shirted this year and would be eligible in 2018 which we may need for depth. No one on here is saying he'd be the number 1 DT that year. But he'd provide quality depth.

L$U is becoming the farm league for UM, I suppose Orgeron will be good at, or rather for, something.

Advertisement
Back