Glen Logan - LSU DT

Becoming the #1 destination for SEC transfers. Not a bad idea.

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Potentially Logan, Truitt, the Georgia kids we heard about a couple months back...

Unfortunately for Miami being a 2nd chance U destination for tranfers isn't a proven way to build championship teams, ask Kstate and Miss St which have historically built their programs this way. Championship programs are built through high school recruiting and then developing those players an that is the historical Miami blue print.

Go Canes

More dopey slop from Parrotnose. KSU and MSU take mostly mid-level JUCO guys. Logan is a bigtime recruit one year removed from HS. Totally different from the KState model.

KSU and MSU would both get beat by FSU, BAMA, etc..

Ok. What does that have to do with anything? You know that FSU and Alabama both take grad transfers and JUCO players just like UM does, right? I don't even know what you two imbeciles think you're proving.

All that some of us are suggesting is that UM should be open to taking blue chip players who want to transfer in. Somehow, the feeble minded quibblers turned that into a referendum on ksu, who never has had and never will have access to HS talent that UM does.

Advertisement
This is spot on. It's mind boggling to see how many stupid and uninformed "fans" we have.

Coach O was one of our best coaches ever and he will always have love for the U. He ain't bytch made like most coaches that hate us. He is an important part of our legacy.

Doesn't mean he would change his mind on something like this. You allow one player to do it and you gotta let them all do it. So either he's a coach that allows kids to transfer wherever or he's not.
You're a fool if you think he's going to block this or not solely because this kid might be transferring to Miami.

That's not what was said on either part. In the comment that made me respond Buddy said he won't be allowed to transfer to miami because we play them to open 18. Anotherwords he wouldn't block a transfer away but he would to miami... pretty simple to understand & you'd be a fool if you can't understand that. If he blocks a transfer period is one thing to only block a transfer that involves a destination of miami is another. Reading comprehension & context...

I think you are confused. Coaches follow one of 3 lines of thinking when it comes to transfers:
1: Player can transfer anywhere
2: Player can transfer anywhere EXCEPT Inter-Conference
3: Player can transfer anywhere EXCEPT Inter-Conference or to anyone on the future schedule.

So I personally don't know which philosophy coach O follows in regards to transfers. Most coaches follow the 2nd line of thinking in regards to transfers. But if he is the 3rd type, he will not allow this guy to transfer to Miami, regardless whether or not he (coach O) has a history here and loves our program. If he is type 3, he will not make an exception, just because we're Miami. Otherwise he has to do that for everyone that tries to transfer to a OOC school that may be on the future schedule.

That's about as clearly as I can lay that out. Whichever of those 3 lines of thinking coach O is, will determine where this kid has the ability to transfer.

Thank God you laid it out so clearly for me... here I am thinking cause I've known ed since I was about ten maybe I had a Lil insight but you've put me in my place by so adeptly cataloging the exact mind & any possible circumstances said coaches are permitted to think like.

If you hang around long enough he might tell you where some IMG recruits are leaning as well.

Advertisement
DT recruiting is the elephant in the room everyone is ignoring. Need to land 3 especially with the news of Ford

Always taking the whiner angle. First there are no DTs in SoFl this year. Secondly our two starters are going to be true juniors and we're 5 deep. Top DTs aren't comin without a chance at PT

Advertisement

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Potentially Logan, Truitt, the Georgia kids we heard about a couple months back...

Unfortunately for Miami being a 2nd chance U destination for tranfers isn't a proven way to build championship teams, ask Kstate and Miss St which have historically built their programs this way. Championship programs are built through high school recruiting and then developing those players an that is the historical Miami blue print.

Go Canes

More dopey slop from Parrotnose. KSU and MSU take mostly mid-level JUCO guys. Logan is a bigtime recruit one year removed from HS. Totally different from the KState model.

KSU and MSU would both get beat by FSU, BAMA, etc..

You do know both of the take transfers and jucos right ? I'm amazed at some of the crap u read here. There's literally no point to these posts.

Interesting nonetheless. I still believe kids (no more than one per positions) should be able to transfer at least once with the only restriction being it cannot be withing the same conference and sit out a year. Schools shouldn't be able to exclude 99 schools from a kids choice. Like coaches, it would give kids a chance to correct what they feel was a wrong decision.

I think you are confused. Coaches follow one of 3 lines of thinking when it comes to transfers:
1: Player can transfer anywhere
2: Player can transfer anywhere EXCEPT Inter-Conference
3: Player can transfer anywhere EXCEPT Inter-Conference or to anyone on the future schedule.

While you are on the subject of confusion, in scenarios #2 and #3 what you mean to say is "intra-conference" i.e. within the same conference. What you've described are situations where coaches allow transfers from their school only to other schools in the same conference, which nobody does.

Advertisement
Simply put if a guy can help you, you make a rational decision and not an emotional one. A lot of fans don't do this and you end up with pure idiocy that is the bulk of this thread.

Regarding LSU transfers, the OL guy we got from there, is he ready to play this upcoming season or is it the next?

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Go Canes

Alabama last year started FSU transfer at QB, a Oregon State transfer at WR, and a JUCO transfer at Guard

Simply put if a guy can help you, you make a rational decision and not an emotional one. A lot of fans don't do this and you end up with pure idiocy that is the bulk of this thread.

Regarding LSU transfers, the OL guy we got from there, is he ready to play this upcoming season or is it the next?

Eligible to play in 2017. Whether he's ready to play in 2017 is something that will play out over the next 8 months.

Advertisement

Willis
Vogel
Brown
Harris

Go Canes

Alabama last year started FSU transfer at QB, a Oregon State transfer at WR, and a JUCO transfer at Guard

You take talent from anywhere and everywhere. Anybody who thinks otherwise is either a sweaty ****** or an idiot.

Ha sat out last year. Will be good to go in 2017.

I wonder if LSU's switch to the 3-4 under David Aranda has some of these blue chip d-linemen the tigers have signed over these past few seasons questioning their future there. After the Golden Error it'll be nice to have the system we run start to attract recruits instead of repulsing them

Could've sworn that Bama won their last title with a transfer at QB. But yeah, only losing teams take on transfers. ******* joke.

Advertisement
Back