FAMU

Best guess? When the schedules were being created, there were more talented OOC opponents that could have been lined up for a series....it wasn't like scheduling for a mid-week match up for one game.

In the middle of conference season it is difficult to find quality competition. But that;s not even the goal. The goal was to stay sharp during the conference off week.

Our SOS is 6th by the way.

We're not in need of a 'tougher' opponent at this point in the season.

Advertisement
Is that the same program that has won one regional in its history, 14 years ago? I see why we're all nervous.

The same program that has only won a single Regional because most of the time they're sent to one being hosted by......us!

You know. Our program that you seem to think sucks now.

Is that the same program that has won one regional in its history, 14 years ago? I see why we're all nervous.

The same program that has only won a single Regional because most of the time they're sent to one being hosted by......us!

They are always sent to us, or Florida, or somewhere else because they are always a #2 or #3 seed. That's the team being painted as elite.

FAU hasn't been sent to our regional since 2005. In the past ten seasons, they have been to three regionals. None were at UM, and all three were as #2 seeds.

So the team that "can beat anyone on any given day" has been to three regionals in ten years and hasn't won any of them.

"They always lose to us in the post-season!!!!"

Yeah, except for 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2006. You know, the last decade.

Go back into hiding, Brad. This one isn't working out too well for you.

Advertisement

FAU has reached the postseason 9 times since they joined Division 1.

1999: Miami (# 1 national seed)
2000: Miami
2002: Alabama (# 3 national seed, first Regional outside of Coral Gables and they won it)
2003: Miami (# 8 national seed)
2004: Miami (# 3 national seed)
2005: Miami
2010: Florida (# 3 national seed)
2013: North Carolina (# 1 national seed and were outs away from winning Regional)
2015: Florida (# 4 national seed)

7 of them against national seeds. 5 of them in Coral Gables. In the two Regionals outside of Florida they won (2002) and were 3 outs away from winning (2013).

Anybody who doesn't think FAU is a legit opponent just doesn't know what they're talking about.

So they're mega-talented with all of these draft picks but they can't get out of a regional? Like, ever? Sounds like someone needs to be fired.

They won 54 games and had a 34 game winning streak in 1999. Their reward? A # 2 seed at # 1 Miami.

You do what most dumb fans do. Just start mentioning firings because a program is at a geographic disadvantage come tournament time.

Advertisement
They are always sent to us, or Florida, or somewhere else because they are always a #2 or #3 seed. That's the team being painted as elite.

But the committee doesn't seed after the top 8. If they did FAU would have won more Regionals. Book it.

FAU is routinely being sent to the best teams in the country because of geographic convenience. Then you turn around and claim that they can't win a Regional.

Dishonesty at it's finest.

The two times they were sent out of Florida they won (2002) and were 3 outs away from winning (2013). That's 50% dude.

"They always lose to us in the post-season!!!!"

Yeah, except for 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2006. You know, the last decade.

Of course now that I'm smacking you around again you have to lie.

I never said they always lose to us in the postseason. I said most of them time they are sent to us.

In 9 postseason appearances they've been sent to Coral Gables 5 times.

Most.

The rest of the time they are mostly sent to other national seeds.

No, the rest of the time they don't even make the post-season. Their best years coincided with our best years. Now they're nothing. They've missed the post-season seven of the last ten years. That's 70%, dude.

I know these are desperate times, but it's sad that you have to pump up a team that can't even make the post-season on a regular basis. "Yeah, but 1999". All to take the heat off of Jim Morris.

No, the rest of the time they don't even make the post-season. Their best years coincided with our best years. Now they're nothing. They've missed the post-season seven of the last ten years. That's 70%, dude.

I know these are desperate times, but it's sad that you have to pump up a team that can't even make the post-season on a regular basis. "Yeah, but 1999". All to take the heat off of Jim Morris.

Hi me again, yea they've been to the postseason 3 of the last 5 years...ever heard of the saying 'what have you done for me lately' garfunkel ??

BTW, I'm still waiting for a valid reason on why FAU is second tier??

Advertisement
Hi me again, yea they've been to the postseason 3 of the last 5 years...ever heard of the saying 'what have you done for me lately' garfunkel ??

It's actually 3 of the last 6 years, but no one ever accused you of being good with numbers. What they've done for you lately is lose a regional and not make a regional. Congratulations.

Because they're not first tier. Teams that miss the post-season seven out of ten years aren't first anything.

It's actually 3 of the last 6 years, but no one ever accused you of being good with numbers. What they've done for you lately is lose a regional and not make a regional. Congratulations.

Because they're not first tier. Teams that miss the post-season seven out of ten years aren't first anything.
oh you're right I'm sorry....still doesn't change the fact they went 2 out three AND you can't comment on FAU or UM games since you don't watch them to begin with....btw FAU's probably going to make this year too and they had more draft picks than your beloved Seminoles last year AND you're probably going to respond with how they should fire their coach then even though he's brought their program back to life

Last edited:
Advertisement
Their best years coincided with our best years. Now they're nothing.

Their best years shouldn't have gotten them sent to Coral Gables.

Your argument that they can't win a Regional so they're nothing is garbage. They've been sent to some of the best teams in the country and have competed quite well for themselves.

To say otherwise is just more proof that you don't know this game at all.

I know these are desperate times, but it's sad that you have to pump up a team that can't even make the post-season on a regular basis.

Pump up?

They're simply a fringe top 30 program that's capable of beating us every now and then and isn't an easy out in a Regional.

Somehow you think saying they're good is some kind of affront.

Teams that miss the post-season seven out of ten years aren't first anything.

And apparently teams that make the postseason 43 years in a row aren't first tier either.

Or teams that make the College World Series.

Or teams that finish # 1 in the RPI.

I know these are desperate times, but it's sad that you have to pump up a team that can't even make the post-season on a regular basis.

Pump up?

They're simply a fringe top 30 program that's capable of beating us every now and then and isn't an easy out in a Regional.

Somehow you think saying they're good is some kind of affront.
don't use big words like fringe or capable [MENTION=14309]Brian Piccolo[/MENTION] he doesn't understand them. It's either top 10 or second tier because second tier programs are ranked and have a top 30 RPI because polls made by actual coaches are irrelevant in his eyes...oh wait there I go using big words

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back