FAMU

Their best years coincided with our best years. Now they're nothing.

Their best years shouldn't have gotten them sent to Coral Gables.

Your argument that they can't win a Regional so they're nothing is garbage. They've been sent to some of the best teams in the country and have competed quite well for themselves.

To say otherwise is just more proof that you don't know this game at all.

In 7 of the last 10 years they haven't been sent anywhere because they weren't good enough to make the post-season, so we've had about enough whining over where they were sent three times.

Advertisement
Teams that miss the post-season seven out of ten years aren't first anything.

And apparently teams that make the postseason 43 years in a row aren't first tier either.

Or teams that make the College World Series.

Or teams that finish # 1 in the RPI.

You forgot to add "once out of the last 7 years".

For some reason you are trying to ignore the past decade for FAU and UM.

I know these are desperate times, but it's sad that you have to pump up a team that can't even make the post-season on a regular basis.

Pump up?

They're simply a fringe top 30 program that's capable of beating us every now and then and isn't an easy out in a Regional.

Somehow you think saying they're good is some kind of affront.
don't use big words like fringe or capable [MENTION=14309]Brian Piccolo[/MENTION] he doesn't understand them. It's either top 10 or second tier because second tier programs are ranked and have a top 30 RPI because polls made by actual coaches are irrelevant in his eyes...oh wait there I go using big words

Right, because FAU is just outside the top 10.

Enjoy that #2 seed.

In 7 of the last 10 years they haven't been sent anywhere because they weren't good enough to make the post-season, so we've had about enough whining over where they were sent three times.

More lies.

I didn't once 'whine' about where they were sent the last three times.

I said their best teams shouldn't have been sent to Coral Gables.

You can't argue the point that FAU is a good program capable of beating Miami sometimes (they're 14-57 all-time against Miami) so you have to just make things up.

More lies.

I didn't once 'whine' about where they were sent the last three times.

I said their best teams shouldn't have been sent to Coral Gables.

You can't argue the point that FAU is a good program capable of beating Miami sometimes (they're 14-57 all-time against Miami) so you have to just make things up.
give him a minute, I just told him his BFF hasn't won more than 2 games at the CWS since 1999 in the FAU thread. He's still trying to gather his thoughts

Advertisement

Says the guy who criticizes others for living in the past.

Meanwhile in the last 2+ seasons Miami has....

Won the Coastal Division twice (probably will a third time)
Won the ACC Regular Season Championship (potentially will a second time)
Reached the College World Series
Been ranked #1 in every poll

It's clear that you fish for whatever will support your preconceived positions.

Says the guy who criticizes others for living in the past.

Meanwhile in the last 2+ seasons Miami has....

Won the Coastal Division twice (probably will a third time)
Won the ACC Regular Season Championship
Reached the College World Series
Been ranked [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] in every poll

It's clear that you fish for whatever will support your preconceived positions.

Yeah, yeah, we know. Coastal champs. #1 in the regular season. You left out the softball scores against Florida.

I thought that winning omaha is that matters not the regular season wins and loses? People be flip flopping their arguments

Best guess? When the schedules were being created, there were more talented OOC opponents that could have been lined up for a series....it wasn't like scheduling for a mid-week match up for one game.

In the middle of conference season it is difficult to find quality competition. But that;s not even the goal. The goal was to stay sharp during the conference off week.

Our SOS is 6th by the way.

We're not in need of a 'tougher' opponent at this point in the season.

Ahhhh, I see.

So maybe you should contact GT's AD and inform him that scheduling Coastal Carolina the week before our series in ATL simply can't take place while there are conference games going on.

UM

Advertisement
You guys are still arguing with this world class potato?

There's no arguing going on, that would indicate 2 sides believe they are each correct.

Penguin boy is our *****, and he just enjoys it so much he can't stay away. That's not arguing, that's just masochism. He can't help it.

UM

I thought that winning omaha is that matters not the regular season wins and loses? People be flip flopping their arguments

It does matter.

It's just really hard to do for 23 straight years.

Nobody is any good according to Jagr's standards yet somehow he loves Kevin O'Sullivan. A guy who hasn't won a championship and is 4-8 in Omaha.

Advertisement
Ahhhh, I see.

So maybe you should contact GT's AD and inform him that scheduling Coastal Carolina the week before our series in ATL simply can't take place while there are conference games going on.

Once again a bonehead fan posting an outlier and then claiming that it's indicative of something.

The rest of the ACC and their off week opponent (RPI in parenthesis).

Atlantic
Florida State: Bowling Green (267)
Louisville: St. John's (147)
NC State: North Carolina A&T (289)
Wake Forest: Bye
Notre Dame: Ohio (206)
Clemson: Georgia Southern (124)
Boston College: Niagara (221)

Coastal
Miami: Florida A&M (149)
Virginia: Bye
North Carolina: Bye
Duke: Gardner-Webb (159)
Pittsburgh: Miami, OH (134)
Virginia Tech: Alcorn State (290)

Nobody said they can't take place. I simply said that they don't take place. You find the one outlier (a team that can bus to Atlanta) and you claim that it's meaningful.

A totally silly argument you just made.

It does matter.

It's just really hard to do for 23 straight years.

Nobody is any good according to Jagr's standards yet somehow he loves Kevin O'Sullivan. A guy who hasn't won a championship and is 4-8 in Omaha.

23 straight years? The guy hasn't won in Omaha in 15 years. He has gone 1-2 every single time since 2001. But you think we're expecting him to win for 23 straight years? How about ONE. Let's win in Omaha for ONE year. Then maybe we can work on TWO, then work our way up to 23.

When you have to exaggerate to make your point, you don't have a point.

You're still defending a guy who hasn't had success in Omaha for 15 years. And we wonder why our teams have suffered. People like you sit there year after failing year saying, "but 2001".

Advertisement
But you think we're expecting him to win for 23 straight years?

Yeah.

6 straight trips to Omaha.

7 out of 8.

9 out of 11.

10 out of 13.

11 out of 15.

Newsflash: That's hard to do!

Sometimes you're going to have bad stretches. Somehow after reaching Omaha last year and being # 1 this year you're still whining about 5 years ago. It's so bizarre.

People like you sit there year after failing year saying, "but 2001".

I actually haven't said that one time.

I'm pointing to his track record.

And last year.

You're claiming that people are living in the past while simultaneously whining about 5 years ago.

It's incredible.

You're claiming that people are living in the past while simultaneously whining about 5 years ago.

I'm whining about the last seven years. Not "five years ago". Quit acting as though he had one bad year five years ago.

Forget championships. We haven't had a winning record in Omaha in 15 years.

But 1999.

Advertisement
Back