FAMU

I'm whining about the last seven years. Not "five years ago". Quit acting as though he had one bad year five years ago.

You wanted him out in 2011, right? Or 2012?

The point is the team has been playing at about an .800% clip over the last 2+ years and yet you're still whining about things from 2011 and 2012.

It's as if you're just ignoring that the team is winning now because you like to be a malcontent.

Advertisement
I'm whining about the last seven years. Not "five years ago". Quit acting as though he had one bad year five years ago.

You wanted him out in 2011, right? Or 2012?

The point is the team has been playing at about an .800% clip over the last 2+ years and yet you're still whining about things from 2011 and 2012.

It's as if you're just ignoring that the team is winning now because you like to be a malcontent.

I wanted him out in 2012 and then he proved me right in 2013 and 2014 while you people talked about 1999.

The team is "winning" now, but we all know that the team is not built for the post-season with the candy *** pitching that we toss out there. FYI, we won't get to see Duke all the way to the title game.

Advertisement
The team is "winning" now, but we all know that the team is not built for the post-season with the candy *** pitching that we toss out there.

That's a breakthrough at least. In the past you wouldn't even admit any kind of success was occurring.

But I love the irrefutable position you've staked. If we win it doesn't matter because we won't win a month from now. If we lose it proves everything you said.

It's a symbol of the past that you keep referring to when you talk about Jim Morris' post-season dominance. Because you certainly aren't using 2002-2015 to help his case.

He's one of the winningest postseason coaches in the game now. As in his entire resume. Past and present.

2002 was a tremendous success given how broken that team was. 2003-04 we went to Omaha. Same in 2006 and 2008.

I love how you keep denying that your standard is only national championships but then you keep slipping up and proving it true.

I wanted him out in 2012 and then he proved me right in 2013 and 2014

Yeah.

Imagine where we could be right now if we had gotten a 'good' coach, right?

We might have won the ACC Regular Season in 2014, made the College World Series in 2015 and been ranked #1 in 2016.

Oh wait......

It's a symbol of the past that you keep referring to when you talk about Jim Morris' post-season dominance. Because you certainly aren't using 2002-2015 to help his case.

He's one of the winningest postseason coaches in the game now. As in his entire resume. Past and present.

2002 was a tremendous success given how broken that team was. 2003-04 we went to Omaha. Same in 2006 and 2008.

I love how you keep denying that your standard is only national championships but then you keep slipping up and proving it true.

I've actually tried to help YOUR case by saying that I would settle for at least some success in Omaha. I don't even demand national titles. Let's just go out there and compete one time. Unfortunately, you can't even meet THAT standard over the past 15 years.

So stop saying "we went to Omaha". All it proves is that we used to have enough regular season success that we could hos t our way into the CWS. Once we get there, IF WE GET THERE, the wheels fall off.

Advertisement
I wanted him out in 2012 and then he proved me right in 2013 and 2014

Yeah.

Imagine where we could be right now if we had gotten a 'good' coach, right?

We might have won the ACC Regular Season in 2014, made the College World Series in 2015 and been ranked [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] in 2016.

Oh wait......

Good lord. Still spouting off about "Regular Season Champions". After that "regular season championship", which doesn't exist, we went 1-2 in the ACC Tournament and then lost a home regional. But Texas Tech. We know.

2015, easiest path in the nation, all #3 and #4 seeds.

2016, used to be #1 , paper thin roster with mediocre pitching. Yeah, sounds like an exciting June is headed our way.

I've actually tried to help YOUR case by saying that I would settle for at least some success in Omaha.

Do you realize how hard it is to go to Omaha 12 times and not go 0-2 even once? Your boy O'Sullivan has done it twice in 4 trips.

Finishing 5th or better in every trip since 1994 is some success.

All it proves is that we used to have enough regular season success that we could hos t our way into the CWS.

Uh, yeah.

That's the point numbnuts. The goal is to be good enough to get a national seed so you have the clearest path to Omaha. Should we not try to do that?

Advertisement
Good lord. Still spouting off about "Regular Season Champions". After that "regular season championship", which doesn't exist

It certainly does exist to the committee which is more important than whether the ACC recognizes it or not.

Just more proof that you don't know anything about, well, anything regarding this sport.

But Texas Tech. We know.

Well, yeah.

If you lose to a team that gets smoked in the Super Regional then criticism is justified.

If you lose to a team that sweeps into Omaha and only surrenders 9 runs in 8 postseason games then you tip your cap. Them's the breaks.

Advertisement
2015, easiest path in the nation, all #3 and #4 seeds.

So?

We were # 1 in the RPI. Probably deserved it.

You aren't willing to make the same judgement in reverse about, say, 2010 or even 2008 when the consensus # 1 team was sent # 10 Arizona in the Super Regional.

No.

You always find the examples that benefited us and never the ones that didn't.

14 straight years of finishing no better than T-5th, with one single win in Omaha over the past seven years, and you're accusing people of demanding championships every year.

The sad thing is that UM fans used to be scolded if they didn't demand titles. Now you're an ungrateful a-hole if you care enough to demand four games in Omaha once more before you die.

Championship drought: 15 years
Final Four drought: 15 years
CWS drought: once in 7 years
Beat a #1 seed drought: 7 years

Dude is Bobby Bowden five years after Bobby Bowden realized that Bobby Bowden should retire.

Advertisement
Back